British Columbia Chat

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#161 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I went for a very short ride today to the swap meet in Tsawassen. So many bikes and so much junk.
I ran into a friend who was looking for some parts for an old Triumph. He found a few things that he needed, so it's not all junk. It just looks like it.

I'm going to need to pace myself. There are a lot of rides and events coming up.

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#162 Unread post by old-n-slow »

blues2cruise wrote:I went for a very short ride today to the swap meet in Tsawassen. So many bikes and so much junk.
I ran into a friend who was looking for some parts for an old Triumph. He found a few things that he needed, so it's not all junk. It just looks like it.

I'm going to need to pace myself. There are a lot of rides and events coming up.
I had an invite to go to the flea market also. It somehow didn't seem worth it though to lay out $40 bucks for round trip on the ferry just to spend a couple of hours not riding but walking around a bunch of really good stuff that I don't need. :wink: So I decided to pass it up. Better if a guy spent the day riding somewhere at least.

Speaking of riding, I have an appointment to take my saddle in for a butt refit. It seems that if I plan to ride to Wetaskewin this summer that I need to do something about the brick upon which my behind resides or I ain't gonna make it.

Four of us (at this point) are riding up to catch the display at the Reynolds museum, which as we all know is featuring motorcycles........ yeeehaaa!

Looking forward to it. Prior to that we figure to take a test run up to Port Hardy and back just to see if the butt can handle it. Will get the remodeled saddle just in time. Whew!

:lol:
GarryS ---- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience."

blues2cruise

#163 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Are you having a gel membrane inserted? Maybe have wiring installed so it can be heated for the cold weather riding. :wink:

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#164 Unread post by old-n-slow »

blues2cruise wrote:Are you having a gel membrane inserted? Maybe have wiring installed so it can be heated for the cold weather riding. :wink:
I've never had a problem with the seat bring too cold. Then again I might just be a wuss 'cause I don't ride if'n it's too cold.

:lol:
GarryS ---- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience."

Shortlegs
Rookie
Rookie

#165 Unread post by Shortlegs »

Hey Old-n-slow & Blues2cruise, I understand now why Blues has her nic, but Garry yours just dont fit, you aint that old and I know your not that slow.
It was great meeting you Blue, sorry you found the ride to fast for your liking, I also thought it was a little fast, but the Road Captain has slowed down a bit, I think that was his first time leading are group, Hope it doesnt stop you from coming on more rides with us.

Where you having your seat rebuild Gary? I tried rebuilding mine but it still felt like I was riding a brick.
Cheers

blues2cruise

#166 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Hiya shortlegs. Yeah, going 100 in a 60 zone on a wet winding highway is just not my thing. :)

I'm glad to hear the speed will be a little more reasonable in the future. I would like to come and ride again.

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#167 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Shortlegs wrote:Hey Old-n-slow & Blues2cruise, I understand now why Blues has her nic, but Garry yours just dont fit, you aint that old and I know your not that slow.

Define old :lol: Some days I sure feel old. Besides the nic came from when I started playing online computer games and it actually referred to the computer. :laughing:
Shortlegs wrote:Where you having your seat rebuild Gary? I tried rebuilding mine but it still felt like I was riding a brick.
Cheers
A place called Top stitch down on the tail end of Hillside. Don (Flightboss) recommended them. He had his seat rebuilt by them and says it's great.

Welcome to Total Motorcycle...... Havn't seen you around for riding. Is your bike back on the road yet? Went to Timmies on Saturday expecting to see possibly you and glen and Rob and Dave but nope. Did get in a really nice ride with Cat and Don up to Maple bay for lunch then back via the backroads.

I gather you figured out who I was from some careful reading of this thread :laughing:

Shortlegs
Rookie
Rookie

#168 Unread post by Shortlegs »

Let me know how that seat turns out will you, Been waiting on Ultimate seats to build a seat for the Aero, but they keep moving the finnish date back, maybe this will be an alternative for me.

Bikes been back on the road for awhile now, I didnt get the new tins painted yet, as I still cant decide on a colour combination...

Besides riding to work when I get the chance, I've only been riding on Sunday, cepting of course the Saturday that Blues came over, we had a good ride out to Renfrew the last Sunday, nice slow pace even I could keep up, little faster on the way home but it was a smaller group by then and the tires were warmed up...lol

[/quote]I gather you figured out who I was from some careful reading of this thread
Nah I just looked at the picture :lol:

Shortlegs
Rookie
Rookie

#169 Unread post by Shortlegs »

Dang guess I dont no how to use the quote thingy

Shortlegs
Rookie
Rookie

Seat re-done

#170 Unread post by Shortlegs »

Hey Gary did you get that seat done yet?
Ultima is saying June now, Im given up on them, watching a Mustang on e-bay