British Columbia Chat

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

British Columbia Chat

#1 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Thought it was time I resurrected this, though I can't for the life of me recall what the latest topic might have been. So I will simply take this opportunity to mention that I licensed my ride last weekend and did 101 kms with about thirty other riders. We had blazing sun and a high of 16. That is celcius BTW so nice and warm. The down side is the forcast is for rain over this weekend but I can ride in style to the dentist today as sun is brightly shining.

God I love Vancouver island weather. Hate Victoria mind you but sure do enjoy the weather out here. Definately M/C paradise. Yeee haaaaa!
GarryS ---- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience."

Ladymx
Site Supporter - Platinum

#2 Unread post by Ladymx »

Thats great news that so many riders are getting out, But depending where you are you could ride almost year round in BC. You'll have to make it to AB for a pub night some time.

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Right. Many do ride year round out here. But I am allergic to cold :wink:

Therefor am quite happy to simply ride during the warmer spring/summer/early fall. Perhaps it has to do with the years spent in Alberta .

:lol:
GarryS ---- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience."

Ladymx

#4 Unread post by Ladymx »

I can relate to that, but Im still in AB so have to deal with what Im delt. :petals:

knucklehead-taz
Rookie
Rookie

On the road

#5 Unread post by knucklehead-taz »

8) Congrats there Old-n-slow , glad your on the road , I'll have my beast on the begining of April , major P M S , ( Parked motorcycle syndrome ) Does any of you get out to the Okanagan at all ???
47 custom Knuck.

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Hey there knucklehead-taz. I hate to admit it to the others I ride with but the weather sure got crappy after I registered my bike LOL. They might blame me if they knew. :?

Not even looking good for Easter weekend according to the long range forecast. Hopefully things will change by the time Easter comes around.

Are these guys anywhere near to you? http://forums.delphiforums.com/scrc53/start

I find the southern cruisers are real down to earth and some real fanatics as far as riding goes. They have a few events that some of our chapter members attend. I know some of our members will be heading to the chicken fest or whatever it's called. Might be a chance for you to join a few group rides?????

Who knows we may get eyeball to eyeball some time at one of the events.
Last edited by old-n-slow on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Ya Chels. I relate to your problem. Lived most of my life in and around Edmonchuck. Well actually everywhere from Ft Mac to Lethbridge so I can relate. Motorcyclists are hardy folk out your way . :lol:

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#9 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Ha. We had a gift from the weatherman yesterday. Forcast was for rain and rain however we had sweet sunshine and warm. Some of us got together for a quick spin out to Sooke and back with a good meal and lemon pie thrown in,

Good company, good food, good ride, what more can you ask for. It was a greattttttttttttttttt day!

DocXander
Regular
Regular

Re: British Columbia Chat

#10 Unread post by DocXander »

old-n-slow wrote:God I love Vancouver island weather. Hate Victoria mind you but sure do enjoy the weather out here.
I just have to ask...

Why do you hate Victoria??
DocXander
SCRC 443 Victoria
1995 Suzuki VS800 Intruder
1982 Yamaha Maxim 400

Life is a Highway... wanna go for a ride?