OHIO

jenifer900
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#101 Unread post by jenifer900 »

Any rides planned for NE Ohio in the future? If so, I'm game!

Jennifer

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#102 Unread post by ZooTech »

jenifer900 wrote:Any rides planned for NE Ohio in the future? If so, I'm game!
Wouldn't mind camping at Mohican, otherwise no plans to get up there when SE Ohio is so much nicer!

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#103 Unread post by ZooTech »

Okay, we've got the Budweiser Wing Zing on Saturday and the Grove City Nazarene Bike Parade on Sunday. Anyone attending besides me?

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#104 Unread post by scan »

ZooTech wrote:Okay, we've got the Budweiser Wing Zing on Saturday and the Grove City Nazarene Bike Parade on Sunday. Anyone attending besides me?
Too busy this weekend, but next weekend is a holiday. 8)
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#105 Unread post by Loonette »

Yup - what Scan said. Saturday the kids have their "all star" games for the end of their baseball season. And on Sunday I'll be at a bridal shower (boring!!!, but I love the couple getting married, so I do want to go). But if all pulls together well for next weekend, we'll have "Holiday" here!

Have fun with the zingy wings thingy!

Cheers,
Loonette

p.s. My mom plans to be here during the weekend of the Honda Homecoming, which means that Scan and I should be able to attend the Saturday activities together. Yay!!
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

jenifer900
Rookie
Rookie

#106 Unread post by jenifer900 »

Wouldn't mind camping at Mohican, otherwise no plans to get up there when SE Ohio is so much nicer![/quote]

Guess I can't help where I live, now can I?

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#107 Unread post by ZooTech »

jenifer900 wrote:Guess I can't help where I live, now can I?
Sure ya can.....move! :laughing:

Unless you're the omnipotent creator of the earth you can't help the fact that NE Ohio is unappealing from a motorcycling standpoint. I'm sorry if you took offense to my comment. Incidentally, I believe where I live is worse. Scan and Loonette don't even like coming up here to ride because it's mostly flat farm land. I have to ride a good hour to the southeast to find challenging roads and good scenery.

I am serious about Mohican, though. I'm definitely going ar least once this year. I haven't been in a kayak in years.

jenifer900
Rookie
Rookie

#108 Unread post by jenifer900 »

Nope... can't move... wish I could. Due to my husband's job we have to live in this stinkin city.

I guess I'm one of those people that enjoy riding anywhere... as long as I can ride!

:D

Loonette
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#109 Unread post by Loonette »

ZooTech wrote:Incidentally, I believe where I live is worse. Scan and Loonette don't even like coming up here to ride because it's mostly flat farm land.
You still manage to find some nice roads out there though. And that route 5 that you sent me home on that one night was a nice ride.

jenifer900 - I always have little time spurts for riding, but rarely enough time to venture too far out. When I do have that kind of time, I tend to fall on old habits, and I end up visiting friends in Michigan (lots of great riding there, too!). But who knows... if I'm ever heading your way, I'll certainly let you know.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#110 Unread post by scan »

Alright folks. Next weekend Loonette and I are going to try to get Saturday off together for a few hours, and then Loonette is going to stay out the remainder of day riding. We were talking last night and thought we might do a meetup at a local dealer that is having a Moonlight Madness sale, as we wanted to check out this dealer and thought it might be a good meeting area from which we could launch an afternoon ride.

So - here is the dealership link -
http://www.clintoncountymotorsports.com

They are a nice little dealer with Yamaha, Kawasaki, and KTM. They are just a little south of Xenia, off 68 near I-71.

Here is the proposition - we going to try to work out arriving there around 1pm, look around a bit and see if there are good deals, sign up for a Yamaha Roadliner test ride (offered in the ad for the sale), and see what the "free food" is all about.

After we are done there, I'll likely head home, but Loonette would like to ride out from that point, and whoever else would like to meet us there could do a little group ride from there.

Any interest?
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.