Kansas

plainsman
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

Kansas

#1 Unread post by plainsman »

Hey, I know you're out there. All you Kansas riders - let's figure out a time and place to get together - maybe after the weather gets a little warmer. BUT - let's do it. :D

FWIW - I live about 30 SW of KC, but being retired, I'll go just about anywhere anytime - so somebody make a suggestion. 8)

Lovinit
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by Lovinit »

I am not far from ya. i am in Spring Hill. hope to see ya on the road this riding season!

plainsman
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by plainsman »

Lovinit;

What's this "riding season" stuff. I was out all day today. Ya gotta dress for it, but it's still fun.

I'm about to launch into a trip to Corpus Christi which will be my first really looooong ride ( about 1K miles each way). When I get back, I'll give ya a holler and we can plan a get together - maybe that BBQ on the main drag a little ways south of the Sonic drive-in.

Remember -shiny side up :wink:

Lovinit
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by Lovinit »

I am saying riding season cause I don't have a garage, and I need to work on my bike a bit to get it running right again. It has been a bit chilly to do this outside.

Will see what we can do to get together, but I need to work on my bike before I can ride. :frusty:

plainsman
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Back to the top

#5 Unread post by plainsman »

Kansas Riders - let's do some riding. Anyone in the northeast part of the state?? Heck - who cares? Anything east of Salina (or Hays? or Great Bend?) or northeast of Wichita? :shock:

Identify yourselves so we can figure out who can ride where with whom. :wink:

bluecamel
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by bluecamel »

Hello all. I'm new to riding, so I probably shouldn't do any advanced group riding (2 abreast or any of that), but I'd love to go on rides with anyone around here.

I live in Topeka, but I'm itching to get out of town a ways!
1982 Honda CB900 Custom
2007 Roketa Fiji 150 - hells yeah :)

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#7 Unread post by Johnj »

I live in north east Kansas, and plan to ride Sunday morning, Sept. 30th.

K-5 to K-7 to K-92 to K-16 to US-24 back to KC. So far.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Johnj

#8 Unread post by Johnj »

If you want to go I'll be at the Quick-Trip, just north of the 78th St exit off of I-70, between 7:30 and 8:00 am Sunday morning.

bluecamel
Veteran
Veteran

#9 Unread post by bluecamel »

Hey, I just now saw this. We'll definitely have to do a ride, but I'm dealing with some electrical issues at the moment. I'll post back when I'm up and running again!

Branton
1982 Honda CB900 Custom
2007 Roketa Fiji 150 - hells yeah :)

Johnj

#10 Unread post by Johnj »

Evil Twin Brother, Angry Cricket, and myself did the ride. We ran it backwards, out US-24 to Tonganxie, north to Mclouth, then east to Springdale and the hills and curves west of Leavenworth, then K-5, which was less than ideal because some car pull out in front of us and drove real slow. Bob Evans at The Legends for breakfast (sucks) than I had to go get ready for the game. I made a big pot of 13 bean and antelope sausage soup. And then to top it off the Chiefs whipped the Chargers! And Denver lost!

Next Saturday is Ralph Wayne's Vintage Backyard Nationals so get your bike fixed and come along.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.