Luggage for a Kawasaki Ninja?

kyle
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Luggage for a Kawasaki Ninja?

#1 Unread post by kyle »

I'm looking around for luggage options for a 2001 Kawasaki Ninja.. anybody have any suggestions?
<i>'05 Kawasaki K750-S</i>

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#2 Unread post by JCS »

If you are looking for hard bags try GIVI. There are others but these seem to be pretty popular.
For soft bags and tank bags you have many choices. Tour Master has several models that are all easy to mount. I can dig up several more if you want.
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3 Unread post by High_Side »

I wish I had a scanner.....
I used to have an excellent set-up on my '93 ZX6E. I had a set of soft luggage, that if I hung them over the back seat, they marked the body-work. I got busy at work one night and bent up some stainless steel 3/8" tubing and made a frame that would hold the bags from behind, with a small loop underneath the bag to support it above the muffler. I used the bungee hook mounting points to mount the entire unit to the bike (I unscrewed the hooks and made "L" brackets out of 1" stainless flat bar and welded the tubing to the brackets. I know that it is hard to envision, but you couldn't see the saddlebag frames when they were on, and they came off themselves in under 5 minutes. That style of Ninja works really well for rigging this kind of thing up due to the location of the bungee hooks....

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: Luggage for a Kawasaki Ninja?

#4 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

kyle wrote:I'm looking around for luggage options for a 2001 Kawasaki Ninja.. anybody have any suggestions?
how much luggage space do you need? Try tailbags, Oxford, etc. or one of many magnetic tank bags... from 20 to 40 liter capacity, etc...

I'd also agree that the Givi hard luggage options are nice, if you wanna spend some more cash and have a clean installation.

//monkey
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)