vampfiend687
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Suzuki GS750

Re: Classic bikes

#11 Unread post by vampfiend687 »

I'd enjoy a classic/vintage forum. I got complemented on my 82 suzuki gs750 today by a bunch of guys on vintage bikes. Made my day.
"There comes a point in a man's life in which he must be tempted to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sorry for missing this thread... I do not know how I did, but I did! But I have seen it now and let me think about it. :D

Q. Do you not feel you can talk about Classic/Vintage bikes on the other forums?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#13 Unread post by mogster »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Q. Do you not feel you can talk about Classic/Vintage bikes on the other forums?
Hi Mike,

yes of course there is no inherent problem with discussion on existing forums. However, I thought it might be fun to have a "home" forum for info (should anyone be restoring an old bike) + a repository of lots of lovely photos! :D
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

mogster wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote: Q. Do you not feel you can talk about Classic/Vintage bikes on the other forums?
Hi Mike,

yes of course there is no inherent problem with discussion on existing forums. However, I thought it might be fun to have a "home" forum for info (should anyone be restoring an old bike) + a repository of lots of lovely photos! :D
I agree with you as I'm a big old bike fan myself... check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40632

I think you'll love it.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just a follow up, I'm getting to this, I promise, there is just a lot going on right now before I can get to this... I was hoping to get to this sooner, but just wanted you all to know it is still on my mind to get to.

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#16 Unread post by agraebner »

Just in time mike. lol I was just starting to pass out the pitch forks and torches to the mob gathering around your castle :laughing: ......
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#17 Unread post by mogster »

:clapping:

:cheers:

:clapping:
MOG

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

LOL!!

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#19 Unread post by mogster »

Spotted this little beauty at Brighton on Saturday.
Attachments
Brighton%20Triumph.jpg
Brighton%20Triumph.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 16976 times
MOG

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, ready to move ahead with the "Classic Bike Forum" idea... (sorry, putting up the 2012 models have been taking 101% of my time). My idea is to swap out the Scooter Forums for a Classic Bike Forum. The Scooter Forums will be folded into the rest of the site.

Now, we need a Classic Forum title... suggestions?

Some ideas:

1. Classic Bike Chat
2. Classic Motorcycle Cafe
3. Vintage Voice
4. YOUR SUGGESTION!

Mike