Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to review

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TOTAL MOTORCYCLE COOL WALL - SUGGEST NEXT BIKE TO REVIEW

Every Friday a new model will be debated so you have 1 week to decide the current debated on model's fate on the Motorcycle Cool Wall.

HAVE A SUGGESTION ON WHAT THE NEXT MOTORCYLCE MODEL TO APPEAR ON THE TOTAL MOTORCYCLE COOL WALL SHOULD BE?
Do you have a great suggestion on what next motorcycle model you would like to see appear on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall to be debated, voted and ulimately be decided it's coolness factor? Then post a reply to this thread for next model consideration. A new model will be added each Friday.

WHAT MOTORCYCLE MODELS CAN IT BE?
The only condition is the motorcycle model MUST appear in our Total Motorcycle Model Guides (for ease of photos, features, specifications, and copyright). Browse our Motorcycle Model Guides here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/Motorcyc ... -Index.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to re

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

I'd like to nominate the Ural ST...

:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The URAL ST ( http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... ral-sT.htm ), definately an interesting bike to see where it fits on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#4 Unread post by rayian »

I'll suggest the new Norton Commando. Any model will do.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The the new Norton Commando is one sweet bike, we will definately have to have that one on the TMW Motorcycle Cool Wall as well...but I'm afraid I'll be just a tad bias as I love the look of it a lot. lol.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:I'd like to nominate the Ural ST...

Strange enough, it looks like URAL has discontinued the ST after 1 year...unless they intend to redesign it.

Mike

Gummiente

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Strange enough, it looks like URAL has discontinued the ST after 1 year...unless they intend to redesign it.

Mike
Not sure where you got that from, as it is still listed on the Ural USA website and several members on the various owners forums have them on order. The ST is only available in the US, though, as Ural Canada felt there was not enough of a market here to justify importing them. I have contacts at Ural Canada and Ural USA, I can put you in touch with them if you'd like.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Strange enough, it looks like URAL has discontinued the ST after 1 year...unless they intend to redesign it.

Mike
Not sure where you got that from, as it is still listed on the Ural USA website and several members on the various owners forums have them on order. The ST is only available in the US, though, as Ural Canada felt there was not enough of a market here to justify importing them. I have contacts at Ural Canada and Ural USA, I can put you in touch with them if you'd like.
Thanks for the update, sorry I did miss the model. URAL had it hidden away on their North American site http://www.imz-ural.com/ only to be listed in the drop down menu (not on the main page model photo bar).

I have added it to the 2011 Ural Models. :D

Mike

Gummiente

#9 Unread post by Gummiente »

I have to admit here that I thought the whole idea of Ural offering a solo bike was not a good plan. To me it was the right bike at the wrong time, but Ural seems to be selling every one that they make in spite of the present dismal economic climate.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#10 Unread post by jstark47 »

Is this / should this be limited to currently available bikes? (At least available somewhere in the world). E.g, no Triumph Tiger 800 yet, because you can't buy one yet (March 2011). No Honda Crossrunner, same reason.

Are those Norton 961's actually available to buy finally (they've been teasing us with those things for years).
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S