Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to re

#281 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JackoftheGreen wrote:
montanalifter wrote:How about the new 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S? http://www.motorcycle.com/blog/wp-conte ... 50x389.jpg
+1

New for 2015, a sexy little 650 halfway between a cruiser and a naked. Did I mention it's new for 2015?

Also, that's eight straight weeks without a cruiser, eleven if you don't count the Kymco (which I don't (-: ).
Wow, 8 weeks with no cruisers? Well, sounds like it's time for a cruiser next then. I had a request for the URAL MIR as well.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to review

#282 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

How about the BMW S1000XR? I find it really polarizing.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1000XR.htm
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#283 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:How about the BMW S1000XR? I find it really polarizing.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1000XR.htm
That's a good one as well! Just posted that yesterday, quite a interesting bike! Yup,I'll add the S1000XR to the list then.

There were about 20 more models I added yesterday that were just released for the EMCIA show. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#284 Unread post by faded sun »

How about a Zero? I'm not about to buy one but electric bikes are definitely here to stay. Might prompt some spirited debate... and the Luddites don't own computers, yet, mostly, maybe.

:)
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#285 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:How about a Zero? I'm not about to buy one but electric bikes are definitely here to stay. Might prompt some spirited debate... and the Luddites don't own computers, yet, mostly, maybe.

:)
Sure thing! We haven't had a 2015 Zero up yet and haven't had their base Zero S up since the 2010 model... :)

Mike

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#286 Unread post by ceemes »

Just a thought, but how about we do something different to bring in the New Year, rate a classic bike. I nominate 1954 Vincent Black Shadow HRD 998. And it does have some relevance today as there is a small cottage industry in build replica's. And I am sure Mike could dig out some of the original sales bumf released back then. :lol:
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#287 Unread post by HYPERR »

ceemes wrote:Image

Just a thought, but how about we do something different to bring in the New Year, rate a classic bike. I nominate 1954 Vincent Black Shadow HRD 998. And it does have some relevance today as there is a small cottage industry in build replica's. And I am sure Mike could dig out some of the original sales bumf released back then. :lol:
I like the ideas of having an older bike on the cool wall. It could be any era from 1900 - 2013 as long as it is no longer current.

The problem with the Black Shadow is that would anyone vote other than awesome? :boat:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#288 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The problem with having such an old bike up on the Cool Wall is I don't have the photos or information for it. I have bike guides going back to 1970, but my guides really went through quite a revision in 2000 with international information, specifications and big photos. Before then, the information was hard to come by.

So bikes on the Cool Wall are a little limited to the past 45 years for basic information and best from the past 15 years (2000+) as most will have owned that motorcycle and/or rode/seen one.

Mike

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#289 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
So bikes on the Cool Wall are a little limited to the past 45 years for basic information and best from the past 15 years (2000+) as most will have owned that motorcycle and/or rode/seen one.

Mike
I think it would definitely be interesting to throw in a non current bikes like that into the cool wall mix on occasion. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#290 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:

Mike
I think it would definitely be interesting to throw in a non current bikes like that into the cool wall mix on occasion. :kicking:
I'm up for it, feel free to suggest any of them from the guides. I think I featured a few 2000 and 2003's this year... (off the top of my head). Lots of great non-currents out there still on the roads.

:revv:

Mike