2011 Ducati Diavel - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

YOUR COOLNESS FACTOR OF THE 2011 Ducati Diavel IS...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2011 Ducati Diavel - VOTED: Discussion In Progress

#41 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Last chance to vote (for the final vote) on the fate of the 2011 Ducati Diavel on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall!

The general vote will still remain open after the final vote is counted and this thread will also remain open to continue discussion of the 2011 Ducati Diavel.

The major change being in this thread title from:

2011 Ducati Diavel - VOTED: Discussion In Progress
to
2011 Ducati Diavel - VOTED: XXXX

Be the first to vote and discuss the new model tomorrow morning, right here, right now on the One and Only Original TMW Motorcycle Cool Wall!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#42 Unread post by jstark47 »

Slight threadjack here...
totalmotorcycle wrote:Yes, the B-King. I egarly awaited it's arrival into Canada... a naked with the Hayabusa engine in it, what was there not to like? Then I say it and was turned off due to it's bulk. Drat.
There's a B-king leftover languishing at the local dealer. I think it's $3500 off, and still no one will buy it. I sat on it, it's nowhere near as heavy as the bulk makes it look. My problem is I just plain don't fit- my legs won't fit behind those bulges alongside the tank. Except for that it's a sweet bike, and $3500 off is a nice deal - it would have been in my garage by now if I could fit on it.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#43 Unread post by HYPERR »

jstark47 wrote:Slight threadjack here...
totalmotorcycle wrote:Yes, the B-King. I egarly awaited it's arrival into Canada... a naked with the Hayabusa engine in it, what was there not to like? Then I say it and was turned off due to it's bulk. Drat.
There's a B-king leftover languishing at the local dealer. I think it's $3500 off, and still no one will buy it. I sat on it, it's nowhere near as heavy as the bulk makes it look. My problem is I just plain don't fit- my legs won't fit behind those bulges alongside the tank. Except for that it's a sweet bike, and $3500 off is a nice deal - it would have been in my garage by now if I could fit on it.
You just reminded me of rhaddam ygg. I wonder what happened to him, he used to be a regular poster here.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2011 Ducati Diavel - FINAL VOTE: 55% COOL

#44 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Check out our new bike on the TMW Motorcycle Cool Wall (please go to that thread to debate on it):

2011 URAL sT Solo:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=40843

Also all models voted on appear on the TMW Motorcycle Cool Wall here to keep track of:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=40773

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#45 Unread post by jstark47 »

HYPERR wrote:
Gummiente wrote: Dude, old pups like me have body shapes that do not allow us to fit on those bikes. Just sayin'.
I don't think the riding position of the Diavel is radical...it looks to me to be a standard riding position... :?
I got to sit on one at the New York show today. Riding position is totally standard. (Gummi, you'd fit on one, no problem.) The other outstanding thing is it is light - 460 or something like that dry. You'd never think that looking at it, it looks more bulky. Salesperson said it's aimed at aging Ducatistas who want the Ducati mill in a more comfortable bike.

It's not a power cruiser. It's not a streetfighter - maybe the closest comparison would be the Guzzi Griso?
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#46 Unread post by HYPERR »

jstark47 wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
Gummiente wrote: Dude, old pups like me have body shapes that do not allow us to fit on those bikes. Just sayin'.
I don't think the riding position of the Diavel is radical...it looks to me to be a standard riding position... :?
I got to sit on one at the New York show today. Riding position is totally standard. (Gummi, you'd fit on one, no problem.) The other outstanding thing is it is light - 460 or something like that dry. You'd never think that looking at it, it looks more bulky. Salesperson said it's aimed at aging Ducatistas who want the Ducati mill in a more comfortable bike.

It's not a power cruiser. It's not a streetfighter - maybe the closest comparison would be the Guzzi Griso?
Is it as mfugly in real life as it is in the photos? :mrgreen:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#47 Unread post by jstark47 »

HYPERR wrote:
jstark47 wrote:
HYPERR wrote:

Is it as mfugly in real life as it is in the photos? :mrgreen:
Ugly? Yes. They had three of them in a special display in a corner, but the lights were rather turned down back there- at the time I thought it was to emphasize the "dark" menacing aspect, but maybe it's just 'cause the thing's too ugly to be out in broad daylight?? :laughing: OTOH, the pretty 848's and 1198's were on the other side of their display, under blazing spotlights.

Now I had just come from sitting on the Kawi Z1000, which is pretty darn ugly itself (but incredibly, awesomely, comfortable riding position!!). So maybe I was already a little desensitized to mfugly!! :mrgreen:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#48 Unread post by HYPERR »

jstark47 wrote:but maybe it's just 'cause the thing's too ugly to be out in broad daylight?? :laughing:
Ouch :boxed:

:laughing:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#49 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jstark47 wrote:
HYPERR wrote:

I found the riding position a surprise myself when I first sat on it... I thought it would be a "sports type riding position" and it turned out to be standard (I think thanks in part to the seat). Yes, the Griso would be a good match for it's looks. 460lbs... pretty amazing.

"Salesperson said it's aimed at aging Ducatistas who want the Ducati mill in a more comfortable bike."

Interesting comment. I would think it's the opposite myself, but I guess with the higher price of it...

Mike

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#50 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:"Salesperson said it's aimed at aging Ducatistas who want the Ducati mill in a more comfortable bike."
Based on what I see at the Duc site, those guys buy Multis. The guys buying Diavel are a whole new breed who didn't consider Ducs before.
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS