2011 Honda CBR250R - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Honda CBR250R is...

You may select 1 option

53%
32%
13%
3%

Total votes: 38

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Honda CBR250R - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Honda CBR250R

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... BR250R.htm

2011 Honda CBR250R

Fun. Cool. Capable. CBR250R.

The all-new 2011 CBR250R brings a fresh take on the fun side of motorcycling, one that will appeal to a wide range of riders. Beginners and experienced hands alike will key in on the extreme versatility of this sporty, easy-to-ride and affordable new offering from Honda.

Thanks to its extremely efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine—an all-new design featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, PGM-FI fuel injection and more—this dependable and lightweight machine delivers nimble handling, a broad spread of easily accessible power and low operating costs all in one. Whether the day calls for a commute to work, quick trips around town or all-day explorations in the countryside, the CBR250R offers as much fun per mile as anything around, all at a price that just about anyone can afford.

If you’re looking for an affordable, smart, capable and fun way to enjoy life on two wheels—have we got a bike for you: the all-new Honda CBR250R!

The new, fuel-injected CBR250R offers everything you want in a first-time bike: Light weight. A powerband that’s immensely user-friendly. Excellent fuel economy. Unmatched reliability. And a fun factor that’s off the chart.

Since the new CBR250R is a Honda, it’s full of features few other bikes in its class can match. And it offers a build quality that means you’ve got dependable cross-town or cross-country transportation.

Best of all, the new CBR250R is available in two versions: the CBR250R and the CBR250R ABS with our Anti-lock Brake System – a first for the segment and a really valuable option that both first-timers and experienced riders will appreciate.

It's finally here! The bike Canadian riders have been clamouring for since the introduction of the wildly popular CBR125R has finally been unveiled to the world. And it's a stunner. The all-new Honda CBR250R is far removed from the sort of cut-corners, parts-bin special often found in this class – it's a true Honda sportbike loaded with sophisticated engineering and high-tech components. Check out the high-revving DOHC, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine with its impressive power-to-weight ratio, the sensuous VFR1200-style bodywork, and the sporty chassis. It's all top-shelf stuff. Sure, the CBR250R's light weight, user-friendly operation and comfortable size make it perfect for novice riders or those stepping up from the CBR125R. But if experienced riders overlook the CBR250R because they think engine displacement is the sole measure of a motorcycle's appeal, then they'll be missing out on a bike that's destined to redefine fun on two wheels.

CBR250R

Features & Options

•249cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine
•Low seat height
•Programmed Fuel Injection
•Analog/Digital Instrumentation

CBR250R ABS

Features & Options

•249cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine
•Low seat height
•Programmed Fuel Injection
•Combined Anti-lock brake system

ENGINE
Engine Type 249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore And Stroke 76mm x 55mm
Induction PGM-Fi, 38mm throttle body
Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Six-speed

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 37mm fork
Rear Suspension Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability
Front Brake Single 296mm disc
Rear Brake Single 220mm disc
Front Tire 110/70-17 radial
Rear Tire 140/70-17 radial

DIMENSIONS
Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 degrees
Trail 95mm (3.74 inches)
Wheelbase 53.9 inches
Seat Height 30.5 inches
Curb Weight 359 pounds. includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
Fuel Capacity 3.4 gallons
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2011 Honda CBR250R - COOL WALL VOTE: In progress

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Off you go, have fun with the discussion and voting on where this model belongs on the Cool Wall!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

#3 Unread post by Markg1 »

My girlfriend wants to learn to ride. This might be a cool bike for her to ride after she finishes her class. I think it's cool.
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I decided to vote Awesome.

I think this is a very cool bike as well and a lot of new riders will really enjoy owning and riding this. There are not too many smaller cc motorcycles out there and I'm very happy to see Honda has stepped up and offers a CBR125R and CBR250R. Riding schools will be a big fan of this bike and as long as it isn't too expensive (please Honda keep it affordable to the Kawasaki Ninja 250R) then I can see it a big success.

It's only other competition (as mentioned above) is the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. The CBR250R looks more the "futuristic" part than the Kawi, especially in the Red/Silver color.

359lbs isn't bad, I still would like to see it closer to 320lbs as a 1980's 400cc is around 400lbs. Still a very managable weight for a new rider. Power is 19kW on my UK poster for it which is exactly double that of the CBR125. The Honda 599 (Hornet 600) is 75kW.

I think this bike is going to be a blast to ride for the new riders and some riders who want something light and quick for the curves.

Mike

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#5 Unread post by rayian »

Very nice looking little bike. I vote cool like I do for most everything else on the cool wall. Not a lot of power but quite suitable for a beginner I'd say. How fast will it go and how long does it take to get there?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

rayian wrote:Very nice looking little bike. I vote cool like I do for most everything else on the cool wall. Not a lot of power but quite suitable for a beginner I'd say. How fast will it go and how long does it take to get there?
High_side said to me it's: (and please correct me if I am wrong)

Honda CBR250R 16 second 1/4 mile
Kawasaki Ninja 250R 15 second 1/4 mile.

Not a lot of difference. My 1982 Yamaha Seca 650R was a 12.6 second quarter mile for comparison sakes.

Mike

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
rayian wrote:Very nice looking little bike. I vote cool like I do for most everything else on the cool wall. Not a lot of power but quite suitable for a beginner I'd say. How fast will it go and how long does it take to get there?

Not a lot of difference. My 1982 Yamaha Seca 650R was a 12.6 second quarter mile for comparison sakes.

Mike
One second on the quater mile is quite a difference actually. Foregone conclusion since the Honda is a thumper and the Kawasaki is a twin. That being said, the latest issue of Cycle World does not show a delta that great. Has the CBR at [email protected] & the Ninja at [email protected], a half a second difference.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by HYPERR »

I cast my first awesome vote. A high tech quarter liter thumper in a high tech sportbike wrapped in slick bodywork built by Honda can be nothing else but. :kicking: And an ABS option to boot!. :kicking:

If they could manage to build a 350 or 400 like that, I just may be interested. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:I cast my first awesome vote. A high tech quarter liter thumper in a high tech sportbike wrapped in slick bodywork built by Honda can be nothing else but. :kicking: And an ABS option to boot!. :kicking:

If they could manage to build a 350 or 400 like that, I just may be interested. :kicking:
Honda already has a new 400cc inline-4 engine in Japan they could make a CBR400R out of (See below) and why not, Kawasaki has a new Kawasaki Ninja 400 out.

2011 CB400SF

Horsepower
最高出力(kW[PS]/rpm) 39[53]/10,500

Torque
最大トルク
(N・m[kgf・m]/rpm) 38[3.9]/ 9,500

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:

Mike
One second on the quater mile is quite a difference actually. Foregone conclusion since the Honda is a thumper and the Kawasaki is a twin. That being said, the latest issue of Cycle World does not show a delta that great. Has the CBR at [email protected] & the Ninja at [email protected], a half a second difference.

Thanks for posting that, I haven't read the article. From what High_Side told me of another review they choose the Honda CBR250R over the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. What were the conclusions with Cycle World?