2011 Honda CBR250R - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Honda CBR250R is...

You may select 1 option

View results

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: 2011 Honda CBR250R - COOL WALL VOTE: In progress

#21 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'd imagine it's quite a challenge to design a small bike that's truly desirable, and Honda has stepped up to it. Odd that the design language that looks somewhat bloated with the VFR just works with the 250. And yeah, +1 to a 400-500cc version of this bike.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#22 Unread post by jaskc78 »

I really don't like the boxy/angular design, it honestly just looks horrendous to my eyes. I think a big part of the visual turn-off is the high arch in the tank, too. I'd also be curious to see some power numbers on it, sorry if they were posted in the replies and I missed them. Overall I'm going with Uncool. I think Honda really missed the mark with the design (at least in my eyes).

I'm also going to have to disagree with everyone else in the thread, I would have preferred a parallel twin. The ABS is a huge bonus, but I honestly think that the ABS and Fuel Injection are the only things Honda got right on this bike. It is nice to see some competition for the Ninja 250, though, and it'll hopefully prompt them to start offering more options and updates on their biggest seller.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#23 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I can't help myself, this one was an easy vote - it's AWESOME all the way!

What a snazzy looking bike and so great for beginners. If I were buying my first bike brand new I would probably go for the Kawasaki 400cc rather than this one, but that being said, this little Honda will probably go for decades so is probably the better choice for longevity.

Either way, it's fab that someone is making a 250cc to compete with the Ninja 250!
Andrea :sun:

waterbuffalo750
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1999 Harley Davidson Night Train FXSTB

#24 Unread post by waterbuffalo750 »

sorry, I had to go with uncool. It's cool for it's market... new riders. I'm not a new rider. If I was voting on if it was cool for someone else, I'd always vote cool. But for me, if I don't want it in my garage, it can't get a cool vote...

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Here is a good video review of the Honda CBR250R.

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#26 Unread post by High_Side »

waterbuffalo750 wrote:sorry, I had to go with uncool. It's cool for it's market... new riders. I'm not a new rider. If I was voting on if it was cool for someone else, I'd always vote cool. But for me, if I don't want it in my garage, it can't get a cool vote...
I had a blast on my wife's VTR250 after I had been riding for over 20 years. I think that there are people other than new riders who will pick up something like this just for the fun of it.

waterbuffalo750
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1999 Harley Davidson Night Train FXSTB

#27 Unread post by waterbuffalo750 »

High_Side wrote:
waterbuffalo750 wrote:sorry, I had to go with uncool. It's cool for it's market... new riders. I'm not a new rider. If I was voting on if it was cool for someone else, I'd always vote cool. But for me, if I don't want it in my garage, it can't get a cool vote...
I had a blast on my wife's VTR250 after I had been riding for over 20 years. I think that there are people other than new riders who will pick up something like this just for the fun of it.
oh yeah, I'm sure there are. And I'm sure it'd be a blast to ride. Not trying to bash the bike by any means, it's just not something I'd want in my collection.

JVRR
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

Re: 2011 Honda CBR250R - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

#28 Unread post by JVRR »

I did not actually vote, but I would probably go with cool. It's a nice looking bike, but having gotten my GS500F up to sustained freeway today, I can say in complete and total confidence I am so glad I started on a 500cc. To be fair its the only bike I have ridden, and I know just because the GS500 is 500cc hardly means its "twice" the power of this Honda 250cc... but I feel like the 500cc is perfectly manageable, and you would be hard pressed to get into a situation where the 500 is going to get you in trouble, when you would have been fine on a 250cc.

I can already tell it won't take a lot of riding before I am ready for either an upgrade, or crossover to cruiser (assuming I have good money of course :D).

That being said, 250ccs are great for a couple reasons. First they introduce more people to the passion, and they bring prices down. Finally, I could see if I lived in a big city where a 250cc would be great for commuting as, as far as I can tell, they get better mileage in general than their more powerful competitors.

But I'm a noob :D.
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JVRR wrote:I did not actually vote, but I would probably go with cool...
FYI - The vote will remain open forever so you can still vote if you like. The final Cool Wall vote is just taken on the week it's up (Friday to Friday) and that's the set "coolness" vote. :D

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#30 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BTW - The 2011 Honda CBR250R so far tops the cool wall chart with 54% Awesome followed by 2011 Norton Commando 961 Sport with 50% Awesome.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=40773