2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S - COOL WALL VOTE: FAIL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S is...

You may select 1 option

View results

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: 2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S - COOL WALL VOTE: In progress

#21 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

A sportbike with two regular sized (17") wheels in front, with a leaning mechanism (like Piaggio's 3-wheelers) would be interesting. If the MP3 is a great handler, imagine that system in an otherwise conventional motorcycle.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:A sportbike with two regular sized (17") wheels in front, with a leaning mechanism (like Piaggio's 3-wheelers) would be interesting. If the MP3 is a great handler, imagine that system in an otherwise conventional motorcycle.
That would be quite good to see the Spyder go in that direction. One of the main things I find a big negative about the Spyder is it's size and bulk. If it was smaller, lighter and thus more agile I think it would be cheaper to buy, quicker due to less weight and in turn look more like a motorcycle or MP3 due to its decreased size and weight.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#23 Unread post by sunshine229 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:What do you think if they made a "stripped down" version of the Spyder? It would still have 3 wheels, but say would look more like a sportbike with a side car...?
That suggestion is putting my creative mind into overload, trying to picture what that would look like!

I know there are people out there that will think the Spyder is pretty cool and that is fine. The rest of us have something like 40 or more manufacturers at our fingertips so we don't have to love the Spyder. :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#24 Unread post by jstark47 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Wow, the voting is very close as of this morning
I can vote again, if you'd like...... :mrgreen:

FAIL!!!!
Attachments
Shipment of Fail.jpg
Shipment of Fail.jpg (79.75 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#25 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Easy: FAIL

It gets uglier with every generation. Sure it'll work for some, but it ain't cool unless you are comparing it to a 4-door sedan, then it gets 2-points to the sedans 0-points.

If you want more than two wheels, go with a leaning sidecar hack, or a T-REX with a Kawi ZX12 motor. If you really need another extra wheel build a Caterham 7 with a Hayabusa engine :D or all sorts of other more sedate (Roadsport) or wilder :shooting: options (R500, V8 Levante), or an Ariel Atom 2 :mrgreen: or a small-displacement V8 like the Caterham Levante.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: 2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S - COOL WALL VOTE: FAIL

#26 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

That is really great that my vote pushed that hideous beast into cool-failure. Hoooray for the vote!

BRP will still sell enough of those ugly things, and plenty of ski-doos so that the $$$ is available to develop a nice 2 wheels vehicle.... or maybe now that Erik Buell is solo again, in a few years he will make a deal with the BRP kids to have a proper Rotax/Buell and BRP meshing together!
:D
(or will Harley build a new sport twin for him to buy? --- nahhh that Rotax engine just drove the H-D dummies over the brink of sanity in the "We Love Our Cruisers Twins" management department, and it used as the last straw in Buell Blasphemy. I'm surprised disc brakes are standard equipment on H-Ds instead of 1958 leading-shoe performance drum... and you can even get ABS now. Such techo wizardry on a 50 year old tank!)
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#27 Unread post by HYPERR »

This is one awesome looking vehicle! I love the way it looks. Since it has the extra wheel, I cannot give it the awesome vote, but definitely deserves a cool vote. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

spydercanopus
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600

#28 Unread post by spydercanopus »

I love the wheels. Long trips would be a blast on one of these. Curious what "semi-automatic" means.. I guess push button shifting?

There's also something cool about being able to haul a trailer:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#29 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Ha! Swung the vote to cool! I see a lot of these, and maybe just as an avid snowmobile lover I have to say cool. Would I buy one? No, but ride one? Hells yeah.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F