2011 Suzuki Boulevard M109R - COOL WALL VOTE: UNCOOL

VOTE: Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Suzuki Boulevard M109R is...

You may select 1 option

View results

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Re: 2011 Suzuki Boulevard M109R - COOL WALL VOTE: UNCOOL

#41 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Wrider wrote:As for defending a brand, it's because I like the brand, whereas reading your posts (go back and read them again from another's perspective and you'll see what I'm talking about) you do single Zuke out as being what's wrong with bikes.
The Cool Wall is more about what one believes and perceives, even though those two qualities can be based upon what one knows. Your belief drifted so far in the opposite direction that it is harmful to the community.

Some of us have a reasonable amount of long-term knowledge about bikes and the industry. We have strong opinions because we have been riding and working in the industry for a long time. I am told equally often that I am "opinionated" as that I am "very humble" and a lot of things in between :D and I know how easy it is for people to be egotistical especially when there words and actions are left unchecked. So being self-responsible I take time to correct my facts and also took the time to correct yours, since you are clearly not responsible with yours.

I've worked in the industry with the big-four Japanese brands, KTM, BRP, Harley, etc. in a variety of capacities, with distributors, dealerships, sanctioning bodies, and clubs... including writing the ad copy that you are lured into believing is "god's" truth, all the while riding a wide range of bikes, and giving back to the sport of motorcycling by volunteering, wrenching, and instructing, out of respect for the people who taught me, and to correct the idiots who try to make people believe they are special, when all they are is especially naive, biased and egotistical.

That posting of mine was a "Hat's Off" to the thousands of great people who have taken the time to teach me about motorcycles and motorcycling throughout the years. After having spent a couple decades around some of the worst, and most importantly, some of the best riders, true teachers and friends of the motorcycling community, in a variety of conditions, like cruising, rallies, commuting, working, and racing, it's quite possible that my confidence is because of my experience, whereas your bravado seems to be blinded and boosted by a few years education and an attachment to your own ego.

True knowledge is hard to come by and it takes an equal amount of effort to impart. That posting was a worthwhile 70%-effort with a lot more that could be said. I tend to use my free time trying out and learning some new things, rather than investing as much energy on Total Motorcycle as some contributors do each day or each time they log in to visit.

When I choose to write something I prefer to be more thorough and accurate.

Wrider wrote: And no I don't meet the marketing credentials as you call them. Would I ever own an M109R? Very doubtful. Too fat of a rear tire, too plasticky for me. If I'm gonna ride a cruiser, it's going to be a cruiser.
Right, too fat of a rear tire. :laughing: One o' those "real" cruisers: like the Harley's with 100 years of *real* history and experience building cruisers (that you said you dont like (rolling my eyes)), or more likely you'll ride a knock-off of Harley's reality, which all the Japanese manufactures indulge in, like your Suzuki Volusia. (hmmm... pretty practical, seems normal enough. Nothing wrong with that except you chose to believe that the Suzuki has this *real* cruiser heritage). That is too F-king hilarious -- or is that B-King hilarious... You are clearly too practically minded to be frivoulous enough to enjoy *owning* Suzuki's idea of a power cruiser and too blinded to purchase Harley's real cruiser and all that reality entails.

The "marketing" includes that even if you dont buy one you support the brand *more* because of this bike, and in your now hypnotized mind :laughing: the M109 has raised the value of every other model Suzuki produces, so that you speak of models like the new 250 and your Bandit with a salesmen's passion, "Oooohhhhh guys check out that new 250!" Because you are now onboard as a mindless salesman for Suzuki.
Wrider wrote:Oh and feel free to say whatever you want about the Bandit 400 and the large dual-sports in my sig.
The M109 and the Cool Wall has the least to do with the (nice little) Bandit 400 or your current dream bike than all the other chaff in your post. That's all that needs to be said about that.

So after a refreshingly medium-sized post it's back to the beach for me today :D and I'll watch for Suzuki watercraft while I am out there... oooops... it seems other more successful manufacturers are ruling the watercraft market too... :wink: (poking stick at a dead horse just for fun).

//MonkeyMotoPatrol

p.s. If I see anything new like a Harley XL1200 powered Super-Slippery-Sportster Twin-Turbo Baby-Blaster-Boat then you know I'll be back to post some more 2011 late Spring news.

p.p.s. Hey Suzuki... keep up the great work on the RMs, DRz400, V-Strom, SV, and GSXRs... just try a little fresh restyle on those Gixxers will ya :wink: and how about a direct-injection 2-stroke RGv500 just to do something different. Really, there has gotta be enough Kevin Schwantz fans out there to make it worthwhile. If not try a DI 2-stroke RM :D and if you're gonna drop out of MotoGP, then put some real effort into WSBK again. Jeesh. And if you wanna copy something from the old days make it nasty like a liquid cooled, 700cc single in a cafe racer chassis. :shooting: or redo the Falcorustyco and cash in on all the TRON fans. Thanks.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/Concept-Suz ... tyco.shtml
Attachments
Falcorustyco.jpg
Falcorustyco.jpg (31.13 KiB) Viewed 4918 times
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#42 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Okay children!!!

:ontopic:

Can we please get back to being one big happy family? :group:
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#43 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I want to stress that the Cool Wall is a debate and discussion forum, it is OK to disagree with others and have some heated discussions in there, but I don't want to see personal attacks on any members. Attacks on their opinions are fine, but not personal ones.

Thanks for understanding guys. Remember, keep is FRIENDLY above all. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#44 Unread post by HYPERR »

sunshine229 wrote:
HYPERR wrote:that's long! :shock:
:twss:
:laughing:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

noUturns
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 07 suz M50

#45 Unread post by noUturns »

How could bike be uncool.....its one of the sexest bikes around!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#46 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

noUturns wrote:How could bike be uncool.....its one of the sexest bikes around!
Interestingly enough, since the original poll, the live voting results have definately shifted to Awesome from Uncool.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Suzuki Boulevard M109R is...

Awesome 51%
Cool 27%
Uncool 22%
Fail 0%
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.