2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR (electric) - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

VOTE: Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR is..

You may select 1 option

View results

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: 2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR - COOL WALL VOTE: VOTE NOW!

#11 Unread post by ceemes »

jstark47 wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Hmmm, not such a popular model? Maybe it won't do well on the showroom floors... what do you think?
Well, really..... unless you're into electric motorcycle racing, what possible purpose does it serve? What percent of the TMW regulars are into track and racing at all - not just talking about it, but doing it with some frequency? Maybe 2%? So of that little fraction, who is into electric racing? 1%? That's 1% of 2%?

At least the Zero S was billed as a commuter bike (at which is was a total Fail due to speed and range restrictions.) This thing is aimed at a niche of a niche market.

I have to agree, and judging by the price of the silly thing, I think the manufacturer also agree's. Its a bike for a very small niche of a very small niche market. In one way, its the same yet polar opposite of the Boss Hoss. Both fill a niche that really never existed and only a few jokers would want to fill.

That said, electric bikes could well be the way of the future, however not the type that require batteries and to be plugged into the wall to recharge. Most likely the future of electric bike and cars for that matter rest in fuel cell technology which is slowly advancing. I would not be all that surprised to see us stopping up at the filling station in the very near future and instead of topping up with liquid hydrocarbons of varying octain levels, but with liquid hydrogen.....just don't spill any on your leathers.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR - COOL WALL VOTE: VOTE NOW!

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:That said, electric bikes could well be the way of the future, however not the type that require batteries and to be plugged into the wall to recharge. Most likely the future of electric bike and cars for that matter rest in fuel cell technology which is slowly advancing. I would not be all that surprised to see us stopping up at the filling station in the very near future and instead of topping up with liquid hydrocarbons of varying octain levels, but with liquid hydrogen.....just don't spill any on your leathers.
Sounds like an interesting future! I know they are starting to work with lithium ion batteries in cars and with lithium ion battery technology getting cheaper, lighter and longer lasting it's possible we could see 200 mile range bikes in 5-10 years.

I am just very unsure if it would be the same experience, when you take away the sound/noise completely, do you take away too much?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.