2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR (electric) - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

VOTE: Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR (electric) - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... BikeRR.htm

2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR

The ROEHR eSuperBikeRR

Roehr Motorcycles would like to congratulate all who have participated in this year’s ground breaking 2010 TTXGP and FIM e-Power racing series.

These machines represent a wide range of innovative configurations, solutions, and technologies, showcasing the ingenuity and true spirit of competition of all the teams involved.

Roehr Motorcycles is committed to the continued growth of the sport, as well as increasing the performance capabilities of the electric motorcycle.

We are now offering a high performance, turn-key electric racer to teams and individuals planning to compete in these series.

Whether you are an existing team looking to take the next step to increased levels of performance, or a new team planning to enter this exciting new race series with a competitive platform, the new Roehr eSuperBikeRR offers class leading performance in a cost effective and reliable machine.

The Roehr eSuperBikeRR offers an extremely high level of performance, previously unavailable in a turn-key solution. It is designed and developed to incorporate the finest commercially available, proven components and technologies, resulting in the most cost effective and reliable package possible.

A new American Classic

The dream of owning an American made sport bike that could hold it's own against the world's finest machines has been a dream for many. This dream is now a reality. Not only is the Roehr eSuperBike RR the fastest and most powerful American production sport bike, but one of the top performing machines in the world.

The eSuperBike RR represents the birth of a new American motorcycle brand. A brand committed to producing beautiful, high performance machines made in the USA. The "can do" spirit that made America great is alive and well at Roehr Motorcycles. This passion is the foundation of our brand and expressed through our products.

The Roehr eSuperBike RR, the rebirth of American world class performance.

The excitement is electric

The eRoehr electric motorcycle model lineup consists of three motorcycles, each one uniquely equipped and priced to appeal to a wide range of customer budgets and desires. Each model shares at its core the Roehr Brand DNA of performance, style, and quality.

2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR Features

With 96HP and 210 lb/ft of torque as well as 10Kwh of high discharge LiFeP04 battery technology, the eSuperBikeRR is capable of 135MPH+ top speeds with acceleration to match, providing the speed and range necessary for your team to be battling for the win.

Roehr Bi-Metal Frame Technology

The eRoehr Series feature a unique Bi-Metal beam frame. The frame is constructed of 4130 Chrome-Moly steel and 6061 T6 Aluminum. This method allows each material to be used in areas of the frame that their material characteristics are best suited.

A motorcycle frame needs to be strong, stiff and light weight, but also needs to flex just enough under certain conditions. This controlled flex provides essential information, providing the rider with added confidence near the limits of tire grip. Additionally, this flex also adds a level of dampening which is especially beneficial when the motorcycle is leaned over on the edges of the tires. Under these conditions the motorcycle's suspension effectiveness is dramatically reduced due to road forces no longer acting on the suspension at parallel angles.

The Roehr Bi-metal frame provides a level of dampening that allows the tire to better follow road irregularities under these conditions.

Through the use of computer assisted finite element analysis, the Bi-metal frame was designed using large section, thin wall, 4130 steel, main chassis beams to provide a stiff yet soft structure that is bonded and bolted to extremely strong, stiff yet light weight billet aluminum swing arm pivot plates.
By combining these materials into one structure, the Roehr Bi-Metal frame provides the ultimate combination of strength, stiffness, controlled flex and light weight. This unique frame technology is a major contributor to the stellar handling characteristics of the eRoehr series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR - International Specifications
MSRP - Starting from $35,495 USD

Drivetrain:
Twin Fan Cooled AC Induction Motors
96HP, 210 lb/ft torque
Single speed direct drive
Ratio 12:54
Batteries:
Large format, cylindrical LiFePo4
Capacity: 9.6 Kwh
96 Volts/ 96Ah
960 amps (continuous)
1450 amps (max)
Battery Management System:
LVC, HVC, Shunt balancing
Chassis:
Steel twin spar beam frame with integral
motor and battery mounting substructure.
Rake: 24deg
Trail: 89mm
Wheelbase: 56in.
Suspension:
Front:
43 mm Ohlins inverted
Rear:
Ohlins Single shock with linkage
Brakes:
2 x 320mm Brembo discs
2 x 4 Brambo radial mount

Tires:
120/70/17 front
170/60/17 rear
Overall weight:
500 lbs.

MSRP:
Starting from $35,495 USD

Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, requiring a 50% deposit. These machines are built to order, with all required racing equipment installed.
Roehr Motorcycles LLC offers alternate motor and battery configurations specifically suited to your needs.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

Re: 2011 Roehr eSuperBike RR - COOL WALL VOTE: VOTE NOW!

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Wow, an electric bike with 200+ torque??? That's insane. It's super cool that they can build such a race ready electric machine for what I think is a low price of $35k.

I voted cool, the only reason I didn't vote awesome is because it's looks leave a little to be desired...
Andrea :sun:

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#3 Unread post by ZRex »

sunshine229 wrote:Wow, an electric bike with 200+ torque??? That's insane. It's super cool that they can build such a race ready electric machine for what I think is a low price of $35k.

I voted cool, the only reason I didn't vote awesome is because it's looks leave a little to be desired...

The torque alone almost had me voting Awesome even though I don't like the looks that much. My problem is when I buy a Kawasaki, a BMW, a Honda or a Harley I kind of know what I am getting, but with this I don't know how reliable it will be or how I will fix it if something goes wrong, so that unkown keeps me from an Awesome vote. I still gave it a Cool vote because I love that someone is building a bike like this.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

I voted fail...its too butt ugly, too damned expensive and near enough as I can tell, next to useless.

There are better looking and more practical electric bikes out there. Basically its a niche market bike and a very small niche at that. It will appeal to the eco-posers out there, much the same way the fairly ungreen Prius does.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I decided to go with: AWESOME

Not because of it's looks but because it's riding the very top of the electric motorcycle chain. The technology, the specifications, the power, are all awesome achievements.

The looks, well, I would relate the looks to what motorcycles looked like whey they were first coming out, say a 1920 Harley-Davidson, the difference between that 20's bike and today's bike is amazing, the difference between the 2011 Roehr eSuperbike RR and what electric bikes will look like in 20 years from now might as be just as amazing. These electric bikes are the pioneers of what is to come, for good or bad, into the industry, just like 2 strokes vs 4 strokes, but on a bigger scale.

I'm honestly not a fan of the silent sound, I enjoy the sound my motorcycle engine makes, it adds to the fun and excitement. But no noise at all might just remove some of the fun of riding an electric motorcycle... I would think many riders are thinking the same...

It's also quite expensive, but I would think the prices will fall quite a bit in the next 5-10 years as the electric motorcycle technology gets more mature and more mass produced (cheaper). Sorta like how TV's, MP3 players or computers have gone.

I guess that raises another question, will electric motorcycles just be "electric toys", thrown away when the next much better generation comes along (sorta like a 1GB digital camera vs a 5GB, vs a 12GB). OR will we see a 2011 electric motorcycle on the road in 2031 when 2031 eBikes are going 500miles a charge and charging within 20 mins?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hmmm, not such a popular model? Maybe it won't do well on the showroom floors... what do you think?

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Hmmm, not such a popular model? Maybe it won't do well on the showroom floors... what do you think?
It'll tank. Its too ugly, too radical, too unknown and to be honest too useless to be accepted by the general riding public. Look at all the other radical designs of the past that tanked such as the Pacific Coast or that bike with the very radical front suspension (cant recall who made it or what it was called). People like the tried and true and are very suspicious of something new.

I think you might find a few on the track, or in the hands of eco-posers, but that is about it.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Hmmm, not such a popular model? Maybe it won't do well on the showroom floors... what do you think?
It'll tank. Its too ugly, too radical, too unknown and to be honest too useless to be accepted by the general riding public. Look at all the other radical designs of the past that tanked such as the Pacific Coast or that bike with the very radical front suspension (cant recall who made it or what it was called). People like the tried and true and are very suspicious of something new.

I think you might find a few on the track, or in the hands of eco-posers, but that is about it.
Good points you have brought up there ceemes.

Would you give it a go if you were offered or would flat refuse to ride it on the street? :D

"Eco-posers" haha... never heard that one before!

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#9 Unread post by jstark47 »

Well, really..... unless you're into electric motorcycle racing, what possible purpose does it serve? What percent of the TMW regulars are into track and racing at all - not just talking about it, but doing it with some frequency? Maybe 2%? So of that little fraction, who is into electric racing? 1%? That's 1% of 2%?

At least the Zero S was billed as a commuter bike (at which is was a total Fail due to speed and range restrictions.) This thing is aimed at a niche of a niche market.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#10 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
ceemes wrote:

Good points you have brought up there ceemes.

Would you give it a go if you were offered or would flat refuse to ride it on the street? :D

"Eco-posers" haha... never heard that one before!
To be honest, I would give it a go, just to see what it was like. Not overly fond on how quiet it would be. While I do not believe obnoxiously loud pipes save live, I do believe that the noise of any motor vehicle does alert other road users and pedestrians of your presence. I wonder if they have put a friction lock on the throttle? All that torque at one go would be scary, especially if it all comes on at once.

Eco-poser, I think I might of just coined that one....can I claim a copywrite and get a couple of pennies everytime it is used? Eco-posers generally are your Hollywood types who go on about driving a so-called green car, usually a not so green Prius. If they were truely eco-friendly, they would park the Prius, which has pretty shoddy gas mileage and a whack of toxic batteries made out of very rare earths and drive a something like a Golf powered by the Devil's fuel, Deisel. (Devil's fuel, that one belongs to the arch anti-bike wanker, Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame, thankfully Captain Slow and the Hamster are riders.)
Always ask why.