2012 Honda Crossrunner VFR800X - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

The Coolness Factor of the 2012 Honda Crossrunner VFR800X is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2012 Honda Crossrunner VFR800X - COOL WALL VOTE: VOTE NO

#21 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks for voting and it was a TIE! The votes for the 2012 Honda Crossrunner VFR800X for the Cool Wall are as follows:

Awesome 17%
Cool 42%
Uncool 42%
Fail 0%

As it is a tie the highest catagory wins out. It will be placed in history as 42% Cool. If you were voting for Uncool you just needed 1 more vote, next time, ask a friend to vote. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: 2012 Honda Crossrunner VFR800X - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

#22 Unread post by High_Side »

Motorcycle Sport and Leisure magazine (issue #614) says:

"Three months on and we have finally got it sussed. Honda's Crossrunner is our motorcycle of the year"

I find it refreshing for a magazine to write a review stating that they may have had it wrong with their first impression. They say right in this article that you will not like the bike until you ride it for a while - then you will really like it. Similar to when I bought my VFR, I initially thought that it was kind of underwhelming. Then it starts making sense.

As for the looks, they are starting to grow on me but I'm still not enamored with them. The thing about Honda is that the market is very conservative and cannot understand anything new. Honda's customers are some of the worst of the bunch. If they try to be innovative everyone complains that the bike is not what they were used to or were expecting. Maybe this bike will be a great one. If it is hopefully the market responds before it is discontinued. It would be a shame if they actually made a great bike and it fails because nobody can understand it or fail to give it a chance.

I still wanna ride one.