2009 Yamaha MT-01 - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2009 Yamaha MT-01 is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2009 Yamaha MT-01 - VOTE: In Progress

#31 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New motorcycle up tomorrow! Get your last votes in now to be counted on the Final Vote in the Cool Wall... (the votes on the thread will be open "forever" so you can see how the vote goes on)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#32 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

didnt read many other comments (no time), but i was appalled that people thought this was a cool bike. having just seen one (again) recently up close, i had to shake my head. To me it looks worse in person than in pics, but the pics say enough.

In the pre-production and design phase it looked awesome, but by the time it came into production all the cool was buried in ugly.

i saw one comment that said "more like cruiser engine in a cruiser frame" (hyperr??) and must agree, it aint got the mean sport/muscle/monster character of a new naked bike (like a monster). It just looks ugly.

fail.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#33 Unread post by madjak30 »

QuietMonkey wrote:didnt read many other comments (no time), but i was appalled that people thought this was a cool bike. having just seen one (again) recently up close, i had to shake my head. To me it looks worse in person than in pics, but the pics say enough.

In the pre-production and design phase it looked awesome, but by the time it came into production all the cool was buried in ugly.

i saw one comment that said "more like cruiser engine in a cruiser frame" (hyperr??) and must agree, it aint got the mean sport/muscle/monster character of a new naked bike (like a monster). It just looks ugly.

fail.
Don't be so mean to my baby...and you're a Canadian too :evil: :P

I'll admit that the styling isn't for everyone, but a cruiser frame? "we used our exclusive CF die-cast technology. This hi-tech process - developed by Yamaha - allows lighter, more intricate castings, giving us the freedom to create a weldless frame that is stiff, light, compact and stunning to look at. The upside-down truss-style swingarm - similar to the arm used on our YZF-R1 supersport weapon - is also cast aluminium for an optimum stiffness/flex ratio, contributing to the bike’s confidence-inspiring handling.

Besides, most cruisers will ground out long before my bike would...to in the twisty's I would have an advantage, not to mention the weight advantage over a cruiser...the extra 20Hp and 20TQ also would be a bonus...

But then I'm probably compensating for something... :twisted: and I do impress myself!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2009 Yamaha MT-01 - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

#34 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Next bike up: 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#35 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

madjak30 wrote:I'll admit that the styling isn't for everyone, but a cruiser frame? "we used our exclusive CF die-cast technology. This hi-tech process - developed by Yamaha..."

true. not a cruiser frame really. and i like what yam has been doing with frame tech, extrusion techniuques, etc... in fact i posted it somewhere in these forums on day... i think when bi***ing about how ugly the Hayabusa's are... BUT the M1 is just so ugly I dont care what technology yamaha played with to resurrect it. that bike is dead ugly and rather than attempting to resurrect it with a set of crutches it wouldve been better to wrap it something MORE LIKE A CRUISER and less like a Transformers play thing. I cant look at it anymore -- i'd like it be beautiful and to "work" but it's like a female bodybuilder who took it way to far past the testosterone injections....

I did however read the glee the comparisons to the Diavel and Indiana this time through the thread... so happily Hyperr is here to bring out an ugly mirror for the contestants to revel in there failings.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)