2009 Yamaha MT-01 - COOL WALL VOTE: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2009 Yamaha MT-01 is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2009 Yamaha MT-01 - VOTE: In Progress

#21 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

A 20L tank would be nice! But I can only imagine it would be quite large vs the 14l one and may not look that great... Sounds like the RPMs are not a big deal then being lower. :D

Luggage with wide pipes, hopefully you can find a solution for that which won't cost you a fortune.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#22 Unread post by High_Side »

I'll give it cool and I think that it is the next bike that my buddy TotalMike should buy. The "inverting the torque-sports catagory" claim is quite a stretch considering that Ducati, Buell, and even Honda and Suzuki have been doing this for years and decades even. However it should feel like a higher powered air-cooled Buell, which should be a good thing. If it were mine I would seek out the fairing from the European version which actually makes the bike look better than when naked. I would also look up the race kit that they had for the MT-01 which reportedly puts out over 140hp!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:I'll give it cool and I think that it is the next bike that my buddy TotalMike should buy. The "inverting the torque-sports catagory" claim is quite a stretch considering that Ducati, Buell, and even Honda and Suzuki have been doing this for years and decades even. However it should feel like a higher powered air-cooled Buell, which should be a good thing. If it were mine I would seek out the fairing from the European version which actually makes the bike look better than when naked. I would also look up the race kit that they had for the MT-01 which reportedly puts out over 140hp!
Yes sir, I have always been interested in the MT-01, now that I know 14l will go 200km, that isn't "so bad", I'm sure if you use WOT, that might get cut down... But it is what I am looking for in a next bike, something with charater, a Twin and sounds nice. There are a few bikes that match that. But my tallness is the biggest issue on bike selection. Going to 200km range from 700km range of the V-Strom might be another one... ;)

I'd go with the silver/orange or red one I think rather than the all black, but they are rare it seems.

Not much for the fairing of the European version myself, but hey, I couldn't refuse one if it was on it. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side

#24 Unread post by High_Side »

Yep - definitely like the orange color. You could bring home the pieces to Canada when you return and install them on a Canadian model....like the one for sale at a decent price locally right now. Did you want me to swing by and pick it up for you when I get back to Alberta? :)

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#25 Unread post by HYPERR »

So much better looking than the ultra-mfugly Ducati Diavel. Anyone buying the Diavel? I have never seen one on the road. Hopefully the Diavel will die a quick death.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side

#26 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:So much better looking than the ultra-mfugly Ducati Diavel. Anyone buying the Diavel? I have never seen one on the road. Hopefully the Diavel will die a quick death.
I've actually seen a few out in Alberta and a couple more in the Atlantiic provinces since I've been out here. Somebody must be buying them!

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#27 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
HYPERR wrote:So much better looking than the ultra-mfugly Ducati Diavel. Anyone buying the Diavel? I have never seen one on the road. Hopefully the Diavel will die a quick death.
I've actually seen a few out in Alberta and a couple more in the Atlantiic provinces since I've been out here. Somebody must be buying them!
Thanks to the Diavel, noone will ever refer to the Indiana as the ugliest Ducati ever. :exactly:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#28 Unread post by madjak30 »

Not sure I think it is ugly...but is it really that much different than a V-Max? Seating/rider triangle is quite similar...but the front is...well...different :shock: ...Harley's XR1200 is kinda similar (lower performance, mind you)...

As for an MT-01 for Mike...it is the silver model with an orange plastic bit on the tank...amazing how that piece of plastic makes such a difference...you could also check out the SP edition...it's a nice change from the black or silver as well...I'll stick with my gun metal/black/silver model :wink:

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

madjak30 wrote:As for an MT-01 for Mike...it is the silver model with an orange plastic bit on the tank...amazing how that piece of plastic makes such a difference...you could also check out the SP edition...it's a nice change from the black or silver as well...I'll stick with my gun metal/black/silver model :wink: Later.
I agree, that little bit of orange plastic or red paint job makes a difference. I've seen it in all black and I really couldn't complain about all black either. 8)

High_Side wrote:Yep - definitely like the orange color. You could bring home the pieces to Canada when you return and install them on a Canadian model....like the one for sale at a decent price locally right now. Did you want me to swing by and pick it up for you when I get back to Alberta? :)
Hey, that's a really nice offer!

HYPERR wrote:Thanks to the Diavel, noone will ever refer to the Indiana as the ugliest Ducati ever. :exactly:
I've seen just 1 on the streets of London (at the Ace Cafe for Ducati night) and I have to say, it's not pretty. I would have to agree with Hyperr, I think it's a contender for uglist Ducati ever prize... and isn't Hyperr a Ducati fan too? (thus that should carry some weight).

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#30 Unread post by HYPERR »

madjak30 wrote:
Not sure I think it is ugly...but is it really that much different than a V-Max? Seating/rider triangle is quite similar...but the front is...well...different :shock: ...Harley's XR1200 is kinda similar (lower performance, mind you)...
Yes quite a bit of difference from the ultra mfugly Diavel, the V-Max is a good looking bike. :laughing:

The XR1200 is not really a power cruiser, the HD's equivalent of the VMax and Diavel would be the VRods. That being said, the XR1200 is a good looking bike as well.
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS