2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R - Voted: Cool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R is..

You may select 1 option

41%
44%
13%
3%

Total votes: 32

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R - Voted: Cool

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... da900R.htm

2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R

This new model will have more than 100 horsepower, will be very easy to handle thanks to its great lightness and the linear, fluid nature of the engine which bursts powerfully and controllable into action at the touch of the throttle. The components will be top-notch too, just like our Husqvarna racing bikes: fork from Sachs, Öhlins shock absorber (both fully adjustable), Brembo Racing brakes, and many small details in carbon fibre, sport exhaust system with an exhaust valve and much more. All this comes with an aesthetically pleasing appearance and a sexy, seductive and typically Italian style.

The naked truth about the NUDA 900 R

Factory Supermoto rider Mauno Hermunen is one of the few lucky people in the world to have tried out Husqvarna's awesome new NUDA 900 R. He sits astride the sleek, angular motorcycle at Husqvarna's Milan headquarters, keen to tell the world how exciting the brand's first ever street bike is. The 23-year-old Finn trialled the motorcycle in France - apart from official testers, he is the only rider to have been given the opportunity to put it through its paces. Mauno's verdict is simple: "it's just a really cool bike."

This 'cool bike' seamlessly combines the Husqvarna brand's fun-loving soul and effortless style with the cutting-edge technology of BMW. The two motorcycle makers collaborated over every element of the NUDA and according to Mauno, the proof is in the riding.

"First of all, it handles brilliantly," he enthuses. "It's just so light, the engine is great, and the performance is amazing. If there are fast corners it just takes them - the bike goes wherever I want to take it."

He says one of the things he finds most exciting about the motorcycle is its fun, sporty soul. "It's important that a bike is fun. I could easily pull wheelies and stoppies on the NUDA 900R, it really was great from that aspect. But of course, it depends on the rider - some people choose to ride in a different way and it's equally good for regular riding. It is made for people who want to have fun though!"

Despite the fun factor, the NUDA is a bike which means business. Its 900cc engine has an output of more than 100 bhp and 100 Nm of torque, yet its dry weight is less than 175kg, ensuring a perfect power-to-weight ratio. Premium components have been used throughout its construction - it has fully-adjustable ?hlins suspension at the rear, and full-adjustable Sachs forks at the front, as well as Monoblock radially-mounted four-piston Brembo brakes at the front and a trick exhaust system, equipped with carbon parts.

The NUDA's core is a modified version of the BMW F 800 R's parallel 800cc two-cylinder engine. The engine was upgraded to a 900cc capacity and many internal components were modified to improve power, performance, and torque curve. The result is a more typically aggressive, racing character - a true Husqvarna machine.

For Mauno, who currently rides a Husqvarna SMR449 and is just two points from the top in the Supermoto World Championship standings, the motorcycle's stunning design is a personal highlight. "For me, one of the main things is the style," he says.

"The design is so typically Italian, it's a really great-looking bike - there is nothing else which looks like it. It's just so sharp, it looks really dynamic and in my eyes, it just couldn't look better."

The championship contender has been racing since he was a child, first in motocross, graduating to supermoto after an impressive 15-year career. He is hungry to be World Champion and with three races left this season and just that tiny gap between himself and the leader, the title is within reach. With his ability to get the best from Husqvarna motorcycles, it was felt he was the perfect person to the put NUDA 900 R through its paces.

Mauno, who spends hours every week training on his SMR449, says the revolutionary street bike is the perfect balance between performance, technology and style - the three key elements which went into its creation. "Having been lucky enough to be one of the first to ride the bike, I know how nice its power delivery is. It's so smooth - but with a frame and engine from BMW and the brand's trademark technology behind it, that's hardly surprising. It doesn't just look good, sound good, and feel good, it's a reliable motorcycle too. And on top of that, it has the great Italian design. It's really the perfect combination of the performance, technology and style."

"If I had to sum up the new NUDA 900 R in just three words, I'd say performance, fun and style. It's just a really cool bike."

2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R - Specifications/Technical Details

Note: More specs to come as released.

Engine: 900cc parallel twin cylinder engine

More than 100hp

More than 100Nm

100% BMW Technology

100% Husqvarna performance

Weight: Mass distribution and centre of gravity set up to get a superior fun experience with dry weight below 175kg.

Exhaust System: Exhaust system with exhaust value and equipped with carbon cap, carbon clamp and carbon heat protection.

Rear Shock Absorber: Ohlins fully adjustable rear shock absorber derived from racing experience.

Brake calipers: Brembo radially mounted monoblock front brake calipers with four pistons.

Fork: Sachs 48mm front fork fully adjustable in compression, rebound damping and spring preload.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900R - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

It's new, it's radical and it's up on our Cool Wall!

Have at 'er! :pirate:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3 Unread post by High_Side »

While I am a fan of big naked twins ( :0 ) this looks to be trying to emulate the KTM Superduke only several years later, with less power, a less soulful engine ( parralell twin vs a V-twin)and an uglier look. A while lots of people consider the 'Duke to be less than attractive it still looks great in my eyes but this Husky has a look only a mother could love. Fail!

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4 Unread post by madjak30 »

I like the SuperMoto bikes...but the KTM SuperDuke is a better execution...but I gave it a Cool vote, because I like the "different looking" bikes...you're not likely to see many of these on the road...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

I dont like it. Looks like the unholy spawn from the questionable mating of sport bike, a street fighter and a trials bike. I went uncool.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: UNCOOL

It was almost a fail vote for me as I just can't see the Nuda 900R being comfortable to ride for very long, it looks like you are going to be sitting on edgey plastic bits for a seat! Ya, think I'll pass on that one.

On the positive side of fail, I think it's great for Husqvarna to create something out of the box (something not enduro or dirt only), so way to go, I just wish it was a "real street bike". The 2nd positive thing I see is the use of the BMW F800 engine in there and it's been boosted to 100hp, so way to go!

Even though I think it's unique, will create attention if you pulled into a budger joint or bike meet, I think people will walk away thinking, sure glad I don't have ride that home!

Looking forward to seeing what Husqvarna has next for a street bike (if they make another).

From the current votes on the cool wall, it doesn't look like this bike is going to be a great seller on the showrooom floor...

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#7 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted cool. It's got a super edgy design and has nice cosmetic features such as the carbon fibre accents. It's not a bike I would run out and buy but it certainly is a head turner. It's a good model to get Husqvarna's name out there a bit more. Can they change the name of the model from "Nuda" though? What a stupid name.

So I guess Husqvarna is now related to BMW??:
totalmotorcycle wrote:This 'cool bike' seamlessly combines the Husqvarna brand's fun-loving soul and effortless style with the cutting-edge technology of BMW. The two motorcycle makers collaborated over every element of the NUDA and according to Mauno, the proof is in the riding.
Andrea :sun:

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

High_Side wrote:While I am a fan of big naked twins ( :0 )
:twss:
Andrea :sun:

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#9 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

oh yes.. i too am a BIG BIG fan of naked twins... but if you two want to talk about relationships, trysts, and mistresses, i believe the Soap Box is the right place for that as Sunshine has pointed out.

NO TOUCHING!
-- (this is a common line from Arrested Development TV show used in the prison scenes)

anyhoooooo... I give the Husky a COOL vote because it is styled impeccably well... they took big chances, did freaky things, like the front fender, and nailed the colour scheme to maximum effect. They also have lots of competition in this class now yet have styled the thing with some perfectly unique character. Better than I would ever expect from Husky! So despite coming late to the party with a possibly sub-par engine... at least the engine is different... and i like it.

ok... back to the naked talk now... your delicate ear lobes are driving me crazy baby!

(er, i meant cam lobes... hardened steel.. er, no, um...)
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, seems that the tide is turning in favor of a COOL vote for the Nuda.. I would not have guess such a turn around.

That's a great thing about the TMW cool wall, sometimes you never know how it is going to turn out it's that close...

Mike