2012 Indian Chief Vintage - Cool Wall Vote: Uncool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Indian Chief Vintage is..

You may select 1 option

View results

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

Re: This Week: 2012 Indian Chief Vintage - VOTE NOW

#21 Unread post by mogster »

jstark47 wrote:
For $36K I could buy the Heritage Softail Class and a Ford Fiesta to drive on rainy days!!! :frusty:
Apologies if I am missing some American irony here, but $36K to own a Harley + a Ford Fiesta :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :?
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#22 Unread post by jstark47 »

mogster wrote:
jstark47 wrote:
For $36K I could buy the Heritage Softail Class and a Ford Fiesta to drive on rainy days!!! :frusty:
Apologies if I am missing some American irony here, but $36K to own a Harley + a Ford Fiesta :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :?
No particular irony. The point simply being H-D is a premium brand, but the for price of this Indian, I could have a rather expensive H-D motorcycle plus a car.

(No reason for picking a Fiesta except they're a new model here in the US, and I'd noticed a brilliant metallic green one in the parking lot at work this a.m.)
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, this is going to go down to the wire on which way the Indian will swing...

Remember: NEW BIKE UP TOMORROW!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Markg1
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '09 Vrod and '10 Vmax

#24 Unread post by Markg1 »

Dated and Ugly! People actually buy this thing? REALLY?
Life may begin at 30 but it gets real interesting at 140!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, this may be a shocker to some, but the votes have spoken and it goes up on the Cool Wall as: 36% Uncool.

It sure was a close one in all vote categories, definately a love it or hate it style of bike.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Indian Chief Vintage is..

Awesome 21%
Cool 14%
Uncool 36%
Fail 29%
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: 2012 Indian Chief Vintage - Cool Wall Vote: Uncool

#26 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

i missed this vote, but love the way it became a love/hate thing so easily for a variety of reasons. i dont think "cool" has that much problem with the retail price tag :-)

I think this bike is just a continuation of the previous Indian owners products. I took a look at them whe I was in Calgary, and these seem reminiscent of that era. I think previous versions used S&S engines, but i havent paid attention to ever know if they did a redesign on the motors.

Polaris hasnt had time to do a major redesign, but give 'em some time. It took Triumph 7-10 years to really do something different with there (apparently Kawi-borrowed) designs, and now look at them. Nice stuff in there own rights. A self sustaining moto co.

I would luv to see more innovative Indian models, but the reality of the potential Indian buyer is not so kind. They are probably smart to continue the classic v-twin thing before risking other designs.

I think the H-D- Softail Deluxe is a more similar and cooler traditional/nostalgic bike, much moreso than the Heritage Softail that a few people mentioned above.

anyway... yawn... i must be pretty bored to be talking about cruisers. i best get back to life's funnner things.
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)