2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero - VOTED: UNCOOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero - VOTE NOW

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

madjak30 wrote:I haven't like the style of this bike since they brought it out...I like baggers (might be my next purchase), but not the "batwing" type of faring...and what is with the useless vents?? The styling sucks, so I went uncool...and with the name translating to "cowboy"...makes me think of that lame song...SAVE A HORSE, RIDE A COWBOY...sounds like an alternative lifestyle to me...for that alone it should be a fail, but I'll stick with uncool...

Later.
Just for you...

Now that really brings me back to the Calgary Stampede!

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

jstark47 wrote:
HYPERR wrote:I always liked when a bike manufacturers uses names from their own country of origin
I guess that leaves out "Triumph Bonneville"!! :dunno:
Triumph and Bonneville Salt Flats have a very significant historical connection, thus the name is very cool in that respect.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#13 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
jstark47 wrote:
HYPERR wrote:I always liked when a bike manufacturers uses names from their own country of origin
I guess that leaves out "Triumph Bonneville"!! :dunno:
I think it should be then called:

Triumph Bristol

or

Triumph Swindon

or even

Triumph Ace

(or such named for the UK raceways).

Mike
Triumph Thruxton for example... :kicking:

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Eincheng Extra Egg Roll 1000RR

:laughing:
:laughing:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#14 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted uncool, but struggled a bit with my vote. You see, I find some things about the bike particularly appealing whilst other parts are completely bunk. For example, I really like the look of the dashboard, the available colours and the clean, slick appearance of the engine, transmission and pipes. The biggest thing I hate about it is that fairing! (No surprise there...) And the name of it... Why can't manufacturers come up with COOL names?

For the price it's probably a pretty good buy, just as long as you can get over that fairing!!!
Andrea :sun:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#15 Unread post by jstark47 »

sunshine229 wrote:For the price it's probably a pretty good buy, just as long as you can get over that fairing!!!
I hate to keep working (overworking?) the V-strom analogy, but if I'm riding it, I don't have to look at it!! :mrgreen: I don't particularly like the looks of the fairing on the RoadGlide either, but I bet it's plenty functional, and I bet the Varquero fairing is too. For the price, this bike delivers value.

Besides I've seen these in person, and they look better than in the pictures.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#16 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I voted uncool as well. Motorcycles are, by definition, cooler than cars, so IMHO it's kinda dorky that the styling of this motorcycle alludes to car styling (especially 50's car styling, as can be seen in the dash and fairing).

PS, I assume that the Vaquero isn't sold in Japan, or if so, under another name, because its name sounds like the Japanese word for idiot.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jstark47 wrote:
sunshine229 wrote:For the price it's probably a pretty good buy, just as long as you can get over that fairing!!!
I hate to keep working (overworking?) the V-strom analogy, but if I'm riding it, I don't have to look at it!! :mrgreen: I don't particularly like the looks of the fairing on the RoadGlide either, but I bet it's plenty functional, and I bet the Varquero fairing is too. For the price, this bike delivers value.

Besides I've seen these in person, and they look better than in the pictures.
I do know what you mean about not seeing your V-strom when you are riding it. Although I am thinking today that the V-Strom will go down as "ugly" just "different" vs when it came out.

Here is a more head-on, read life image of the front from the TMW 2011 Kawasaki Model Guide. http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... wasaki.htm Not sure if it's more pretty or not...

you might notice it's very simular to the Voyager's front fairing but with added lights:

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#18 Unread post by Johnj »

I'd like to have one just to get my brother all worked up.
:lol:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Good discussing and great voting guy/gals! New Total Motorcycle Cool Wall model model up shortly. :D

Mike