2012 Suzuki TU250X - VOTED: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Suzuki TU250X is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Suzuki TU250X - VOTED: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Suzuki TU250X

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... TU250X.htm

Tradition comes alive in the Suzuki TU250X. With its classic styling, including spoked wheels, a round headlight and sweptback muffler - and plenty of chrome - it's designed to remind everyone that motorcycling is all about fun. That all begins with light, agile handling complemented by smooth performance. Best of all, it's designed to combine the fun of riding with truly economical performance.

Get a grip on a whole new standard. Striking looks. Comfort. Power. Versatility. Our standards deliver easy ergonomics, modern style, and metro muscle in dynamite packages. Whatever type of riding you prefer, our standards can handle it.

2012 Suzuki TU250X Key Features

Contemporary styling thanks to chrome-plated front and rear wheels, headlight case, speedometer cover, tail lamp housing, front suspension outer tube and polished crank side case produce a beautiful, high quality look.

Low 30.3 inch seat height and compact chassis provide confidence-inspiring performance for beginning riders.

2012 Suzuki TU250X Features and Benefits

Engine Features

249cc, air-cooled four-stroke, single-cylinder, SOHC engine with Suzuki's industry leading fuel injection system is tuned for strong low-end torque well-suited for city riding.

Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) Plated cylinder for improved durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.

Effective engine management and emissions control systems working together with Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system, featuring 32mm throttle body, provides superb throttle response, smooth power delivery and reduced emissions.

Digital ignition provides optimum ignition timing for increased efficiency and crisp throttle response.

PAIR (Pulsed-AIR) system injects fresh air into the exhaust port to ignite unburned hydrocarbons, further reducing emissions.

Transmission Features

Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission has gear ratios suitable for a wide variety of riding conditions.
Chassis Features
Diamond-shaped steel tube frame is lightweight and strong, producing confident and agile handling.

Exhaust system is outfitted with a catalytic converter and oxygen sensor feedback system reducing exhaust emission.

3.2-gallon fuel tank and fuel-efficient engine provide excellent riding range.

Full lighting system and easy-to-read instrumentation includes a trip meter.

Front disc brake with dual-piston caliper and rear drum brakes offer strong braking capabilities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Suzuki TU250X - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4099 USD <- UPDATED PRICE

Chassis
Overall Length 2070 mm (81.5 in)
Overall Width 750 mm (29.5 in)
Wheelbase 1375 mm (54.1 in)
Ground Clearance 165 mm (6.5 in)
Seat Height 770 mm (30.3 in)
Curb Weight 148 kg (326 lbs)
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, DID520V, 108 links
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake
Brakes Rear Drum brake
Tires Front 90/90-18 M/C 51S, tube type
Tires Rear 110/90-18 M/C 61S, tube type
Fuel Tank Capacity 12.0 L (3.2 US gallons)

Engine
Displacement 249cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
Starter Electric
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
MPG 79

Warranty
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... TU250X.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: This Week: 2012 Suzuki TU250X - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

A 250 single cylinder thumper standard, classic styling.....how can it be anything but awesome?
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Awesome

Same reasons ceemes said above, but I'll add it's really nice to see a good looking small cc bike out there that you'd be happy to own long after your learner curve is past it. In fact, I think it would be a great bike to own as an experienced rider, it's a classic without being a 30 year old bike you have to work on more hours than you ride it. It also looks very simple to maintain, work on and I'm sure it's cheap insurance (and thus cheap fun) as well. WTG Suzuki.

At $5,400 it's not a bad price either, although I'd like it see it at $4900 just as a "lead loss" to get more riders into the Suzuki brand.

I can just see myself bombing around town on it, WOT around corners having a blast.

One small request: Can they make a 750+cc one as well?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4 Unread post by madjak30 »

I voted: FAIL

I agree that the concept is a good one, reliable entry bike other than a cruiser...but the styling looks like a parts bin bike...tail light from a trailer surplus store?? And why would anyone pay more for this bike than the Honda CBR250 ($4499)? or the Ninja 250R($4999)? What is the advantage to this bike over a DR200SE($4999)? I would think that a dual sport bike might be better in that it could be used for more than just commuting...I just don't see the fun factor for the bike, other than it is a bike.

And for me the "Classic Styling" is a negative...I like the looks of the modern naked bikes...in my mind, if the bike was $3999 it would catch my interest...and a bike of that size would only interest me if I lived in a large city because it would be all but useless for hiway riding...but for me it is the styling and price that put me off...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

madjak30 wrote:I voted: FAIL

I agree that the concept is a good one, reliable entry bike other than a cruiser...but the styling looks like a parts bin bike...tail light from a trailer surplus store?? And why would anyone pay more for this bike than the Honda CBR250 ($4499)? or the Ninja 250R($4999)? What is the advantage to this bike over a DR200SE($4999)? I would think that a dual sport bike might be better in that it could be used for more than just commuting...I just don't see the fun factor for the bike, other than it is a bike.

And for me the "Classic Styling" is a negative...I like the looks of the modern naked bikes...in my mind, if the bike was $3999 it would catch my interest...and a bike of that size would only interest me if I lived in a large city because it would be all but useless for hiway riding...but for me it is the styling and price that put me off...

Later.
Wow, I just saw the price, $5,399 for an quarter liter air cooled thumper in a ultra low tech bike? That's highway robbery right there!

The styling isn't too bad but they could have done better...I know they can as the big four makes lots of great looking quarter liter thumpers for the home market.

It really should be a fail but I have a soft spot for classic design thumpers so I will upgrade it to uncool.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, looking at the votes this morning and the TU250X is much more controversial than I even imagined:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Suzuki TU250X is...

Awesome 29%
Cool 29%
Uncool 29%
Fail 14%

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#7 Unread post by dr_bar »

I went with cool, as I thought this bike with it's retro styling, could have come off a 70's showroom floor. Great entry level bike...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#8 Unread post by jstark47 »

It's very cool. They got the tank right, and that curved headpipe is a work of art. I've read in reviews that the thing handles very well too. If I had more in-town riding and less freeway, I would so have one of these things in my stable. Great training bike, too.

Toss up between cool and awesome, I went with cool.

(It's gotta be in red though. Nothing would look good in that beige color, reminds me of the 2005 Concours)
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#9 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Small, simple, elemental, classic styling. This thing is great! I hope the fenders, sidepanels, and headlight cowling are all made of metal. With such a simple bike, I don't know how else to vaguely justify the price. ABS? A tach? Tubeless spoked wheels?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#10 Unread post by Thumper »

I voted "cool." If the price was more reasonable, it would be awesome...