2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball - VOTED: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball - VOTED: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... r8Ball.htm

2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball

Blacked out muscle cruiser with a sport bike soul.

Blacked out muscle cruiser with sport bike soul.

Victory 8-Ball models have the least chrome and the fewest frills. The most black and the greatest value. Victory pioneered the 8-Ball approach to provide riders with the best values among cruiser motorcycles. Same great ride and performance as the standard models, but in basic black.

New for 2011:

2011 Colour Options

o Solid Black. No graphics.

Pure Victory Accessories for the 8-Ball Models Include:

o Windshields, backrests, saddlebags & other touring gear.

o A wide range of grips, lower controls, covers and trim in chrome, billet or black finish.

o New X-Bow and Tri-Pro Stage 1 Performance Exhausts.

o Two 8-Ball models - Vegas and Hammer - have; o The new Freedom® 106/6 Stage 2 V-Twin

o New speedometer features blue backlighting, indicator lights on the gauge face and large LCD that provides: Clock (viewable at all times), gear position, tachometer, odometer, trip meter and diagnostic readouts.

PROVEN OUTSTANDING RELIABILITY

Victory has a track record of consistently outstanding reliability and dependability, which has led to the industry's highest customer satisfaction ratings. This proven reliability, along with the new transmission design, allows Victory to recommend extended oil service intervals for 2011 drivetrains.

o The recommended oil change interval for 2011 models is every 5,000 miles (8,000 km).

o Less-frequent oil changes results in a lower cost of ownership.

NEW TRANSMISSION

The Victory drivetrain team scrutinized every component of the engine and transmission and fine-tuned the designs and performance of numerous parts. Approximately 40% of the drivetrain is new for 2011, with the transmission receiving so many improvements it is virtually a new transmission.

The changes: improved manufacturing efficiency and quality assurance; enhanced drivetrain's already-impressive reliability; improved engine performance; and, for riders, improved ridability and delivered a more appealing-sounding transmission.

o In terms of operating sound, selected modulation frequencies have been eliminated. This produces a more-appealing sound - consistently in each gear. In 4th and 6th gears in particular, gear whine has been reduced.

o Driveline lash has been reduced by 66%.

o "Neutral Assist" has been added to make it easier for a rider to shift into neutral when stopped. This will reduce the rider's effort, will reduce clutch wear and will lessen the performance demands on the oil.

ENHANCED INSTRUMENTATION

All cruisers now have instrumentation similar to that of the Victory Cross Roads, which provides a rider with a wealth of information in one, easy-to-read location. The new instrumentation includes:

o An analog speedometer, which may be set to show MPH or KPH.

o Blue backlighting.

o A large LCD that displays: Clock (time of day is viewable at all times), gear position, tachometer and diagnostic readouts for Victory dealership service technicians.

o The gauge face includes lights such as high-beam and neutral indicators and the oil warning light. Cruisers no longer have these indicator lights atop the triple clamps.

o The Cross Roads instrumentation also has an always-viewable fuel gauge.

CHASSIS CHANGES ACROSS THE LINEUP

All brake calipers, rotors, lower belt guards, and floorboards are black.

o All left- and right-hand switch cubes are black, as are the audio control switch block and cruise control switch block.

o The triple clamp is black on all models except the Vegas Jackpot (which retains its chrome triple), and the Victory Cross Roads (which retains its brushed finish).

o A new side stand on each model features an integrated hooked-end design for easy locating and easy control of the side stand.

o All cruiser exhausts have a larger outlet for improved sound quality and a lower exhaust note.

2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball Model Highlights
- Blacked-out 106 cubic-inch Freedom V-Twin Engine
- Inverted front fork
- 250-mm rear tire

2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball Features and Benefits

BLACKED-OUT 106 CUBIC-INCH FREEDOM V-TWIN
Whether you're finding your way across town or cruising the city's glass canyons, the Freedom V-Twin power plant delivers 97 horsepower and 113 ft lbs of green-light torque with ultimate authority. The dark heart of the Hammer 8-Ball, it informs the world of your arrival with every crack of the throttle.

6-SPEED OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION
The best performing transmission on the street collects the power generated by the massive V-twin and allows the<br /> Hammer 8-Ball to roll fluidly between the curbs. Helical-cut gears ensure that each shift will be as smooth and clean as the bike itself.

113 FT LBS TORQUE
Press the starter and you can feel deep in your chest an eruption of low-end torque. With each precision-tuned piston stroke, the Freedom V-Twin's 4-valve overhead cams and perfectly matched 6-speed overdrive transmission promise to provide unmatched throttle response, acceleration and passing power.

INVERTED FRONT FORK
The Hammer 8-Ball's classic look pleases every rider walking up to his machine, but that feeling is turbocharged when taking it through the twisties. The beefy inverted front fork sends more rigidity forward, providing better handling at every turn.

250-MM REAR TIRE
Put a 250 mm tire on the back of a muscle cruiser like the Hammer 8-Ball, and rider and machine will both look like they are ready for anything the road has to dish out. In this case, looks aren't deceiving. This tire will stick to the road no matter the condition, and make any rim proud to be associated with it.

REMOVABLE PASSENGER COWL
Even the most independent of riders feels the need for human interaction once and a while. When that time comes yank the stylish, color-matched cowl and there's your passenger's ticket to ride. When ready to get back to that drag bike demeanor, simply reattach the cowl and return to one-up heaven.

BLACKED OUT PIPES AND HEADLIGHT
Leave it up to the Hammer 8-Ball to take you where no bike has gone before. Blacked out pipes and black bullet headlight take you to the dark side, which leads to the kind of performance that has every other motorcycle scurrying for the light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball - Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $14,499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $15,799 CDN

Engine
Battery 12 volts / 18 amp hours
Bore x Stroke 101 x 108 mm
Charging System 38 amps max output
Clutch Wet, multi-plate
Compression ratio 9.4 : 1
Cooling System Air / oil
Displacement 106 ci / 1731 cc
Engine Type 4-stroke 50° V-Twin
Exhaust Staggered slash-cut dual exhaust with crossover
Final Drive Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal / 17.0 ltr
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
Oil capacity 5.0 qts / 4.75 ltr
Primary Drive Gear drive with torque compensator
Transmission 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
Valve train Single overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cam chains, hydraulic lifters

Chassis
Dry Weight 672 lbs / 305 kg
Ground Clearance 5.3 in / 135 mm
GVWR 1,173 lbs / 532 kg
Length 93.1 in / 2366 mm
Rake/trail 32.7o / 5.5 in / 140 mm
Seat Height 26 in / 660 mm
Wheelbase 65.7 in / 1669 mm

Suspension
Front Suspension Inverted cartridge telescopic fork, 43 mm diameter, 5.1 in / 130 mm travel
Rear Suspension Single, mono-tube gas, cast aluminum with rising rate linkage, 3.0 in / 76 mm travel, preload adjustable spring

Brakes
Brake System Type Conventional
Front braking system 300mm floating rotor with 4-piston caliper
Rear braking system 300mm floating rotor with 2-piston caliper

Wheels & Tires
Front Tire 130/70R18 Dunlop Elite 3
Front Wheel 18 x 3.5 in
Rear Tire 250/40R18 Dunlop Elite 3
Rear Wheel 18 x 8.5 in

Color
Colors Solid Black

Also available as the "S" Version for:
USA MSRP Price: $18,499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $20,199 USD
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: This Week: 2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball - VOTE NOW!

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

Most Victorys get a Cool from me, simply because they're American-made but not Harleys, demonstrating that American-made bikes don't have to be based on 50-year old designs. That said, my favorite power cruiser of all time was the Midnight Warrior. This bike is more of a "meh" for me. I'll give it a lukewarm "Cool". :|
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#3 Unread post by jaskc78 »

Having owned the 2010 model and the only thing I would have changed was putting the 6-speed gearbox in it for highway riding, this is a no-brainer full-blown awesome bike. They've changed it to a blacked-out exhaust from the factory and given it the newer style "bullet" headlamp. If I had the money, this really would be my bike of choice.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4 Unread post by madjak30 »

I would choose the Victory Cross Roads, but this model (the Hammer) was the one that caught my eye at the bike show a few years ago...I love the look and stance of the bike...the price keeps one out of my garage, but the few people that I know that have Victories have ALL stated that they will never own another Harley...they feel that they are just that much better...the one I am thinking of has owned 4 Harleys and now rides a Victory Vegas...beauty as well...I just have to get used to the riding position if I am going to go in that direction...maybe when I'm older :twisted:

I voted: AWESOME

@jstark47: I hear ya about the midnight warrior...very cool bike...my MT-01 has that engine (with a few tweaks) in a frame derived from an R1...piles of torque and actually not that thirsty...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: AWESOME

I mean, how can you not really? A bike with this much modern technology, a very nice engine and transmission and at a price around $15k, which is quite reasonable considering the quality and "rarity factor".

I've again sat on one at the Birmingham Motorcycle Live Show a two weeks ago and it's comfortable and stylish. I'm not for a lot of chrome but I would like a color than all black. I'd consider it myself as well to buy vs the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob and Dyna Wide Glide...

Now the question is (for me), how does it sound versus a Harley-Davidson?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#6 Unread post by mogster »

jstark47 wrote:Most Victorys get a Cool from me, simply because they're American-made but not Harleys :|
+1

I love the mean black look & voted cool.
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#7 Unread post by ZRex »

I voted Awesome, not that long ago (O.K. several years ago), magazines would go on about how great Victory motorcycles were to ride, but that they were kind of "plain" looking. Victory motorcycles definately are not "plain" looking anymore, plus anything with that much torque has to be fun to ride.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted cool. 8)

I've always loved the look of Victories. But while the regular Hammer would have earned an Awesome vote for me, I'll go cool for the blacked out version. The only benefit I see of going with the black one is the cost...
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

sunshine229 wrote:I voted cool. 8)

I've always loved the look of Victories. But while the regular Hammer would have earned an Awesome vote for me, I'll go cool for the blacked out version. The only benefit I see of going with the black one is the cost...
LOL, you are on vacation and you voted? That's awesome. :D

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, time to check the votes (as of this Friday morning) to record in our Cool Wall 2011 guide:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Victory Hammer 8-Ball is...

Awesome 36%
Cool 57%
Uncool 7%
Fail 0%

57% Cool, hey, that's pretty darn cool. :D

Mike