Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: TOTAL MOTORCYCLE COOL WALL - 2012 RESULTS

#41 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S - Final Vote: Cool
Featured: September 28th - October 5th, 2012.
Voted: Cool - 52% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45911
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... er-STS.htm

Notes: Well, that was quite an interesting model to vote on and discuss eh? Turns out it's a "like it or hate it" type of bike based on the voting, which it pretty much I think what we all expected before the vote! But no matter, the 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S still comes out on the Cool side of the vote by 52%! Well done Can-Am!

Here we go:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S is...

Awesome 0%
Cool 52%
Uncool 19%
Fail 29%

Next Cool Wall bike is up. Have fun and thanks for voting!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#42 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 - Final Vote: Awesome
Featured: Octorber 5th - October 12th, 2012.
Voted: Awesome - 55% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45964
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... da1200.htm

Notes: I have to say that with a 55% Awesome rating and 30% Cool Rating the 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 should do just fine for Ducati. The only issue would be if the economy does slow down more and a $17-19k bike is just too much to bear...

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 is...

Awesome 55%
Cool 30%
Uncool 15%
Fail 0%

Next Cool Wall bike is up. Have fun and thanks for voting!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#43 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Honda CB1100 Naked - Final Vote: Awesome
Featured: Octorber 12th - October 19th, 2012.
Voted: Awesome - 74% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46005
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... CB1100.htm

Notes: Wow, that was quite the impressive vote for the CB1100! Our most popular bike up on the Cool Wall in the first 7 days ever. but not only that has jumped to our #1 spot on our Cool Wall as well! Amazing work everyone voting and discussing it. As Ceemes said one the first day of the voting with all the Awesome votes coming in for it " I'd say the voting on this bike is all but over already" and he was right.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CB1100 Naked is...

Awesome 74%
Cool 16%
Uncool 5%
Fail 5%

#1 Bike: 2013 Honda CB1100
#2 Bike: 2012 Ducati 848 EVO - Vote and Discuss - 72% Awesome - Featured: July 20th - July 27th, 2012.
#3 Bike: 2012 Yamaha VMAX / VMX17 - Vote and Discuss - 70% Awesome - Featured: Apr 6th - Apr 13th, 2012.

Next Cool Wall Bike now up! Enjoy

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#44 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept - Final Vote: Uncool
Featured: Octorber 19th - October 26th, 2012.
Voted: Uncool - 47% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46052
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... oncept.htm

Notes: Well, that was interesting! I didn't really think Suzuki's new V-Strom 1000 concept would go uncool (even thought I did vote uncool myself)... well Suzuki, I guess it is back to the drawing board!

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept is...

Awesome 12%
Cool 38%
Uncool 47%
Fail 3%

Next Cool Wall Bike now up. :D

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#45 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser - Final Vote: Fail
Featured: Octorber 26th - November 2nd, 2012.
Voted: Fail - 50% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46092
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... rosser.htm

Thanks to everyone who has voted thus far in the polls! The vote will remain open but the results from first week the bike is up is what goes into our Cool Wall.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser is...

Awesome 13%
Cool 23%
Uncool 13%
Fail 50%

Notes: Even though it ended as a 50% Fail vote it was not really as cut-and-dry as people did vote awesome and cool as well which does show there is a future for electric bikes, but either the technology, the cost or the buyers are just not 100% ready for it yet. It will be interesting to see how things change in their arena in the coming years.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#46 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 MV Agusta Brutale 800 - Final Vote: Awesome
Featured: November 2nd - November 9th, 2012.
Voted: Awesome - 61% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46133
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... le-800.htm

Great voter turnout in the first week! (Now it sounds like the US elections...haha)

Unlike the votes in the US election though, every vote counts here and influences the other votes as well as the final result! So even though this bike came to be 93% awesome/cool, there was still 7% that didn't think so and those were not throw away votes at all.

But in the end, the Brutale line has always been an awesome line-up and the brand new Brutale 800 is no different at all.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 MV Agusta Brutale 800 is...

Awesome 61%
Cool 32%
Uncool 2%
Fail 5%

Voting is always open so if you didn't vote in the first week for this or any bike on our Cool Wall you can always go back and vote on the ones you missed! :)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#47 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2009 Ridley Auto-Glide Standard - Final Vote: Fail
Featured: November 9th - November 16th, 2012.
Voted: Fail - 85% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46176
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... andard.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2009 Ridley Auto-Glide Standard is...

Awesome 0%
Cool 0%
Uncool 15%
Fail 85%

Wow. 85% Fail.

That's harsh but sadly accurate. You never know, maybe we haven't seen the last of Ridley or US startup motorcycle companies with unique ideas. My advice would be research your market and price accordingly.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#48 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Honda CB500F - Final Vote: Awesome
Featured: November 16th - November 23rd, 2012.
Voted: Awesome - 46% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46215
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... CB500F.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CB500F is...

Awesome 46%
Cool 44%
Uncool 8%
Fail 2%

Overall, people really like the new CB500F and new 500 series of Honda motorcycles! Some would like to see a completely naked or even retro version as well, but no matter which Honda 500 series bike you choose you are sure to enjoy a great bike at a great price.

Up next on the Cool Wall is another Honda, the new Honda Gold Wing F6B as suggested in our "Suggest a Cool Wall Bike" thread.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#49 Unread post by High_Side »

2013 Honda GoldWing-F6B - Final Vote: Cool
Featured: November 23rd - November 30th, 2012.
Voted: Cool - 40% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46250&view=viewpoll
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ng-F6B.htm

Awesome 37%
Cool 40%
Uncool 12%
Fail 11%

There were some polarizing comments but overall there is a lot of love for the new Wing-variant!

Up next on the Cool Wall is the brand-new for 2013 R1200GS!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#50 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 BMW R1200GS - Final Vote: Cool
Featured: November 30th - December 7th, 2012.
Voted: Cool - 56% of vote

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=46258
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1200GS.htm

And now for the exciting results!

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 BMW R1200GS is...

Awesome 25%
Cool 56%
Uncool 9%
Fail 9%

Overall, people seem to like the new BMW R1200GS and the GS series, but has BMW created too many GS' and has so many now offered by other manufacturers watered down the market for them? Especially an expensive one? Time will tell... the question is, what is the next "new" tread going to be with bike design? I'm betting it is the comeback of the mid sized bike. What do you think?

Mike