2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V SeventyTwo: Voted: Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V Seventy-Two is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V SeventyTwo -VOTE

#21 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V SeventyTwo sure is turning into a great debate!

Let's throw another log onto the fire... do you think it will be a sales success for Harley-Davidson or a sales flop?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#22 Unread post by jstark47 »

If sales success means they get return on their investment in this model........... all those hours rooting around in the parts bin to come up with the bars and the chopped rear fender....... those tedious sessions with focus groups and interior decorators to come up with Hard Candy Big Red Flake.......

Yeah, it will probably be a success. [/sarcasm]
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#23 Unread post by sunshine229 »

You've gotta love it for what it's worth.

I voted awesome and wouldn't vote anything else. This bike is iconic and whilst it's not a practical bike it's all about the image and I am perfectly okay with that. It's retro styling and uber awesome paint job are flippin' fantastic!!!

I'd probably never own one because it's not my type of ride but I still love it for what it is and I'd take it for a test ride if I was given the chance.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

:mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#24 Unread post by ceemes »

awesome?????? its pure unadulterated poser crap. No doubt it will sell well, after all image is pretty much everything in its target demographic.....men with big wallets and tiny wee-wee's.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I have to say, the vote and discussion on the 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V SeventyTwo has been pretty amazing so far. Who would have guessed this model would have such diverse opinions! Great stuff.

Please keep debating and voting on it, but for now, love it or not, it gets recorded into the Cool Wall as: Awesome (with a very close Fail!)

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V Seventy-Two is...

Awesome 38%
Cool 19%
Uncool 19%
Fail 24%

Remember, if you want the bike to swing in votes one way or another, just get your friends, neighbour and even pet bunny to vote! More votes and discussion = more fun for all.

New Friday's Cool Wall Bike up next!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V SeventyTwo: Voted: Awesome

#26 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Wow, that's a surprising result, considering this forum is, IMHO, basically full of people who are more about riding than posing (not that great-looking bikes aren't appreciated of course). This H-D just seems so limited in its riding appeal.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Wow, that's a surprising result, considering this forum is, IMHO, basically full of people who are more about riding than posing (not that great-looking bikes aren't appreciated of course). This H-D just seems so limited in its riding appeal.
Ya, I do agree with you there, TMW members are indeed more about the riding than the posing... but it is most likey more complex than the H-D is good because it makes me look good or bad because it isn't X type of bike.

And the result, yes, very interesting indeed, it was quite mixed overall. I would say the 2012 Harley-Davidson XL1200V SeventyTwo isn't just a love it or hate it bike but more of a deluxe pizza where you could find something you like about it and pick off the rest you don't.

Mike

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#28 Unread post by High_Side »

Grey Thumper wrote:Wow, that's a surprising result, considering this forum is, IMHO, basically full of people who are more about riding than posing (not that great-looking bikes aren't appreciated of course). This H-D just seems so limited in its riding appeal.
I agree that this forum is more about riding than posing, but also has a lot of people who are mature in their appreciation of bikes. As you ride with a wider range of bikes, and have ridden with all types of riders you start to appreciate all types of riding and develop beyond your own little view of what is a "great " motorcycle. When I think of "great" I don't mean "performs the basic function of a motorcycle most effectively", I think "GREAT" as in puts a smile on your face. Would I have the '72 as my only bike? Hell no. But would it be fun to have parked in the garage next to my vanilla-practical Honda VFR? Hell yeah. It would be a great run around town for care and giggles type of bike.

Some of my favorite people to ride with have both ends of the spectrum covered in their garage, and are talented riders. When they jump on the Harley they don't just suddenly turn in to a "poser", they are just enjoying a different kind of ride.