2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Voted: Cool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 is...

You may select 1 option

37%
58%
4%
1%

Total votes: 117

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Voted: Cool

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ardS40.htm

2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40

Built For Fun, Pure and Simple.

You haven't lived until you've ridden a big single-cylinder road bike. They're flat out a blast to ride. The Boulevard S40 takes that timeless single-cylinder design and adds a shot of advanced Suzuki technology to create a bike that combines exciting performance with rock-solid reliability. One of the S40's major attractions is its lightweight responsiveness - it's great for cruising down the boulevard or beyond the city limits. Wherever you ride, one twist of the throttle rewards you with a blast of low-end and mid-range torque. And when you're up to cruising speed, you'll really appreciate the engine's smooth performance.

For 2012 the Boulevard S40 is available in Metallic Fox Orange/Glass Sparkle Black and Pearl Mirage White/Metallic Veil Silver.

There's a good reason so many road bikes in the '50s and '60s were big single-cylinder machines: they're incredibly fun to ride! The Boulevard S40 adds a shot of advanced Suzuki technology to this timeless design to create a bike that combines exciting performance with rock-solid reliability. One of the S40's major attractions is its lightweight responsiveness. Weighing just 381 pounds, it's great for cruising down the boulevard or getting outside the city limits. Wherever you ride, one twist of the throttle rewards you with a blast of low-end and mid-range torque. And when you're up to cruising speed, you'll really appreciate the engine's smooth performance. The Boulevard S40 for 2012 - designed for you to enjoy the simple pleasure and pure excitement of motorcycling.

2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 Features and Benefits

Engine Features

A 652cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled four-stroke engine with TSCC (Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers) cylinder head and high mass crankshaft produces strong low-end power and torque.

An electric Starter with automatic decompression system provides quick, easy engine starting.

A precision electronic ignition system includes a maintenance-free battery.

Chassis Features

A hydraulic front disc brake and drum-type rear brake provide strong, reliable braking performance.

A wide 15" rear tire and slim 19" front tire provides a classic cruiser look.

Polished spoke wheels provide a classic look like larger cruiser models and a polished upper fork bracket features an attractive and durable clear coat finish.

The Boulevard S40 comes with an attractive tear drop-shaped fuel tank (2.8 gal capacity) with flush-mounted speedometer.

Custom flat handlebar design provides a clean, sporty appearance, while custom-style rear view mirrors provide an attractive appearance (similar to the larger Boulevard models).

The rear reflector is integrated with the taillight for a clean, finished appearance to the rear section of the bike.

A sleek, one-piece saddle adds to the Boulevard S40's already streamlined appearance. The low seat height (only 27.6 inches) is great for smaller or entry-level riders.

Transmission Features

A smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission is complemented by a low-maintenance belt-drive system that's quiet, durable, and simple to adjust and clean.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,399 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $6,199 USD

Chassis
Overall Length 2180 mm (85.8 in)
Overall Width 720 mm (28.3 in)
Wheelbase 1480 mm (58.3 in)
Ground Clearance 135 mm (5.3 in)
Seat Height 700 mm (27.6 in)
Curb Weight 173 kg (381 lbs)
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Belt drive
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Swing arm type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake
Brakes Rear Drum brake
Tires Front 100/90-19 M/C 57H, tube type
Tires Rear 140/80-15 M/C 67H, tube type
Fuel Tank Capacity 10.5 L (2.8 US gallons)
Color Pearl Mirage White/Metallic Veil Silver and Metallic Fox Orange/Glass Sparkle Black

Engine
Displacement 652cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
Fuel System MIKUNI BS40, single
Starter Electric
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
MPG 63

Warranty
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week's Bike: 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Vote & Dis

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I thought this would be the PERFECT bike for the Spring Cool Wall as many new riders will be looking at getting a 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 (also named a Savage 650) as their first motorcycle.

Can a first bike be cool?

Have fun with it and thanks for voting!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

Single cylinder thumper = awesome.
Always ask why.

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#4 Unread post by Thumper »

They're decent first bikes, but unless they've changed how lean they run, they backfire like crazy. Cool bike, but not awesome just for that...

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#5 Unread post by jstark47 »

It's a Thavage!!!! :mrgreen: Oldie but goodie, gets a cool from me.

I always wanted Suzuki to put this engine in a larger frame. I don't really fit into these. Have an acquaintance whose turned one of these into a bobber - they can be the basis of cool bobber - but he's 5'6".
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

This thing has been around for like three decades!

650cc! A genuine thumper!

Had they kept the Savage name I would have voted awesome but have to downgrade to Cool for the ridiculous new name.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#7 Unread post by madjak30 »

I'm voting cool...but I'm with jstark, just a little small...

This is a pic from the 2011 Bike Show in Edmonton...and my then 12yo daughter sitting on one...

At that time she was under 5' tall...

But this year she was more interested in the sporty bikes...damn teens!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

It is an awesome little starter cruiser, been around since 1985/1986 and is reliable as a stone, plus it's just $5-6k new. The only things I could ask for is making it bigger to fit more body types and increase the horsepower to make riders hang on to it for many more years. I've never rode one myself (there is NO way I could fit on it as I'm so tall) but I know many who have owned/rode it and loved it.

Mike

P.s. Sorry for the lateness this week for the new cool wall bike, it's been an extremely busy week for me moving countries (UK to USA) and trying to get everything sorted.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

Re: 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Voted: Cool

#9 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I struggled to vote for this one. I'm not a cruiser rider and I've never tested out a single cylinder so I don't understand what's so great about the engine. So, how to vote???

In the end I went with cool, thinking about this bike as a starter. For a starter bike it's a good physical size, has a fantastic price tag and comes with a decent sized engine.

Given the positive comments made on this thread about the single cylinder engines I'm sure this is not just a starter bike though!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Voted: Cool

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sorry, should have added this a few days ago, but here are the fantastic results for the 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 is...

Awesome 20%
Cool 70%
Uncool 10%
Fail 0%