2013 BMW F700GS: Voted - Cool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 BMW F700GS is...

You may select 1 option

View results

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: This Week - 2013 BMW F700GS: Vote & Discuss

#11 Unread post by ceemes »

Would of gave it a cool rating at least, except it has that godawful beak nose and silly looking instrument cluster/windshield combo...that and its relatively small petrol tank.....so gave it an uncool rating.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#12 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Marginally better looking than the previous model, but still not exactly a looker. I don't mind; pretty much every dual sport looks a bit weird. It's part of the category's function-over-form charm.

I think this is one of the few dual sports that relatively short riders (like me) can be pretty comfortable on, so that's quite a plus. Good riding position, enough power, really good fuel economy, and BMW GSes (even the smaller ones) get quite a lot of OEM and aftermarket support in terms of farkling. Cool enough.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

Like others have said in the thread (that rhymes!) I'm not a fan either of the duck bill look, but that's BMW's, there are just some "radical" part on it that's just...kinda weird... sometimes, you know?

I'm a big fan of a mid-sized motorcycle, the do-it-all, go-anywhere, type of bike that's comfortable and not super heavy and naked. So it's gets a solid cool vote from me, but it would have been awesome if it did't have the duck bill... but I could get used to it I'm sure. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#14 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I voted cool. This bike is not quite awesome for me but it's pretty cool. Good all rounder and nice looks, just not awesome looks.
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks for voting everyone! Next Cool Wall bike is now up to cheer to jeer about!

And the exciting results are in:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 BMW F700GS is...

Awesome 25%
Cool 60%
Uncool 10%
Fail 5%
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

DvGAdventure
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW F700GS

Re: 2013 BMW F700GS: Voted - Cool

#16 Unread post by DvGAdventure »

2013 F700GS

Just got mine delivered last Saturday - got the comfort package in Ostra Grey (somewhat like a gun-metal and best color by far).

The bike has sufficient power. I have not done off-roading in the past and bought this bike knowing that it will be capable of doing so. The one hesitation I have is that the bike is heavy. I have the center-stand and can barely lift it to get it on it (maybe I should just hit the gym...) As far as control, agility, power and looks - this bike has it all and will not disappoint. On interstate speeds it feels smooth and grounded. The insurance is $24/month - and that's for above-basic coverage I believe.

I've nicknamed mine Beamatron and I encourage all riders to name their bikes, ha! Thanks and goodluck if looking.