2013 Honda CB1100 Naked: Voted Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CB1100 Naked is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week - 2013 Honda CB1100 Naked: Vote & Discuss

#21 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

On a side note: 60 votes so far in just 6 days! Way to go for making the CB1100 the most voted bike in such a short time.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

sapaul wrote:While I personally like the look of the bike, I think they sat around the boardroom and said, hey we need a retro to compete with all the other retro's out there, lets go bigger and better. For this I voted "fail" i think they could have easily produced a far better bike in the 750 class. Modern tech would have given it everything it needed with a smaller price tag and just as much performance. Plus the added "I would rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
I can definately see your points and agree with you on the "I would rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow". Interesting your thoughts on how they came up with the 1100cc idea vs a 750cc, we might know in the future but quite an interseting theory. Honda does have a CB1300 out in Europe.

I used to ride my 750cc Kawasaki to the max (that is safe on public roads) and it was a blast. Like you, I'd rather see this in a 750cc version, but in the end I'm glad Honda is even making it.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#23 Unread post by sapaul »

Bring back the 80's semi faired interceptor with a v4, wow that would be something.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#24 Unread post by High_Side »

sapaul wrote:While I personally like the look of the bike, I think they sat around the boardroom and said, hey we need a retro to compete with all the other retro's out there, lets go bigger and better. For this I voted "fail" i think they could have easily produced a far better bike in the 750 class. Modern tech would have given it everything it needed with a smaller price tag and just as much performance. Plus the added "I would rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"

I think they would have had bigger sales and a bigger following with a smaller CC bike.

regards

Capt Grumpy
Capt Grumpy? ....hehe

The last of the classic CB line and arguably the nicest was the '83 CB1100F so it seems logical to me that this is where they would return to. Given that there is not a lot of weight difference, or even cost to manufacture difference between the two engine sizes, and the fact that they were still able to make it in a compact package, appeals to me much more with the bigger engine. More torque is better than less torque - always :mrgreen:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, that was quite the impressive vote for the CB1100! Our most popular bike up on the Cool Wall in the first 7 days ever. but not only that has jumped to our #1 spot on our Cool Wall as well! Amazing work everyone voting and discussing it. As Ceemes said one the first day of the voting with all the Awesome votes coming in for it " I'd say the voting on this bike is all but over already" and he was right.

Now the Cool Wall results:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CB1100 Naked is...

Awesome 74%
Cool 16%
Uncool 5%
Fail 5%

#1 Bike: 2013 Honda CB1100
#2 Bike: 2012 Ducati 848 EVO - Vote and Discuss - 72% Awesome - Featured: July 20th - July 27th, 2012.
#3 Bike: 2012 Yamaha VMAX / VMX17 - Vote and Discuss - 70% Awesome - Featured: Apr 6th - Apr 13th, 2012.

Next Cool Wall Bike now up! Enjoy

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

Re: 2013 Honda CB1100 Naked: Voted Awesome

#26 Unread post by sunshine229 »

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW the best AWESOME bike so far!!!!

:mrgreen:
Andrea :sun: