2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept: Voted Uncool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept: Voted Uncool

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... oncept.htm

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept

The Future Is Here

Suzuki Motorcycles is offering a glimpse into its future with the release of a concept motorcycle, the V-Strom 1000 Concept adventure tourer.

Sharing the spirit of the globally successful V-Strom 650, the V-Strom 1000 Concept has been engineered to deliver fun, excitement and versatility to the open class rider who seeks a new world of motorcycling adventure.

Discover your final destination.

More than a decade ago, Suzuki developed the V-Strom 650. The motorcycle offered incredible versatility, comfort, and a fun to ride character. The well-balanced package included an incredibly versatile V-twin engine and lightweight aluminum chassis. Sharing the spirit of the globally successful V-Strom 650 ABS, the all-new, V-Strom 1000 "Concept" will deliver fun, excitement and versatility to the open class rider who seeks a new world of motorcycling adventure.

"Suzuki Motorcycles changed the adventure touring category forever when it developed the V-Strom 650 and introduced to the world an incredibly versatile, comfortable and fun-to-ride motorcycle," said Perry Morison, General Manager, Suzuki Motorcycles.

"Our two V-Stroms, the 650 and 1000, are amongst the Australia's best-selling adventure tourers and we are very excited about the release of a concept V-Strom 1000 as it shows the future direction of this popular model and of our organisation."

The current V-Strom 1000's engine has been totally redesigned in this exciting concept motorcycle to focus on rider-friendliness and features a 1,000cc powerplant which produces effortless acceleration along with a strong and distinctive V-Twin rumble.

The slim and lightweight aluminium frame, thickly padded seat and an adjustable windscreen make the V-Strom 1000 Concept fun and easy-to-ride, whether it is cruising the streets or exploring outback roads.

For enhanced rider confidence when braking, the V-Strom 1000 Concept features a performance-inspired radial mount front brake caliper and an Antilock Braking System (ABS) to ensure ultimate traction on the road in all weather conditions.

The V-Strom 1000 Concept is also equipped with an advanced traction control system for enhanced sport riding, performance and the peace of mind to negotiate slippery surfaces with confidence.

The suspension has been totally overhauled with the V-Strom 1000 Concept featuring an inverted front fork and easy-to-adjust single shock style rear suspension.

Inspired by the 1988 DR750S, Suzuki's first big adventure tourer, the V-Strom 1000 Concept features bold and distinctive styling to create an unmatched presence.

The V-Strom 1000 Concept features an all-new luggage system which provides easy installation, a narrow overall width when installed and a clean look when detached.

The riding experience will be further enhanced with these new features to satisfy even the most savvy adventure motorcyclists.

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept - Specifications/Technical Details
MSRP Price: TBA

As this is a concept model there are no specifications as of yet. Details to follow with the release of the 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 when it's released.

More photos and information here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... oncept.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

Re: This Week - 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept: Vote & Dis

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Here we go! Enjoy yet another unique motorcycle brought to you by the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall... "It might be cold outside but it's cooler here".
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

A bike that should be awesome, however, best I could manage...if drunk out of my mind is cool...sadly, no rye or scotch to be had, so uncool. Why you ask?....that god awful beaky nose and mini windscreen.....either lose that craap and go naked or give a proper bullet nose fairing.....
Always ask why.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#4 Unread post by sunshine229 »

WTF is that woody woodpecker? Or a missile?

This bike is close to a cool vote but that front bit needs to go, so UNCOOL!
Andrea :sun:

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

This bike is so much better looking than the old one! Now it's mfugly in a cool unique way instead of being mfugly in a bland boring way. Besides, I must like beaks since I own a R1150R and a Hypermotard. I also have the then HRC mascot, the pissed off Woody Woodpecker decal on my CBR.
The bike is more meh than cool, but certainly not uncool, so it gets a cool by default vote from me.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#6 Unread post by madjak30 »

It really should be AWESOME, but why do all adventure touring bikes have to look the same...BMW, Triumph and even the Honda NC700X kinda looks like this...even if they went with the look of the Vstrom 650's new look, that atleast is a Suzuki look...this is copy cat, but I'm glad they are contemplating the 1000...so it got a Cool vote from me, but just barely...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

madjak30 wrote:It really should be AWESOME, but why do all adventure touring bikes have to look the same...
Exactly! Granted, a large fuel tank, rear rack, windshield, tall suspension, upright riding position, ground clearance etc. are all likely to make ADV bikes similar, but will designers just quit it with copying details like BMW's useless beak!?

I really like this bike, and would've voted it awesome if not for that beak. Makes it look like Shen the Peacock (Kung Fu Panda 2).

PS, not to be a stickler, but I thought bikes that weren't in production yet didn't qualify for the Cool Wall?
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#8 Unread post by jstark47 »

Updating the DL1000= cool
Beak = uncool
Single exhaust = uncool
Over/under headlights = uncool

The old DL1000 headlights were the best in motorcycling, I'm really afraid of what they might have done to them.

If they've increased the weight, then it goes from Uncool to Major Fail. And they better straighten out that god-awful FI mapping in the old DL1000.

HYPERR wrote:it's mfugly in a cool unique way instead of being mfugly in a bland boring way.
The more I look at this thing, the more it's mfugly in a barf!! kind of way :puke: That's just ludicrous looking.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#9 Unread post by ceemes »

jstark47 wrote: The more I look at this thing, the more it's mfugly in a barf!! kind of way :puke: That's just ludicrous looking.
Perhaps we need a puke wall for bikes such as this. We can vote on just stomach churning and nauseating a bike makes us feel.

Rank bottom to top:
E: nausea inducing
D: stomach churning
C: throwing up in the back of your throat
B: blowing chunks
A: FULL IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY EVACUATION!!!!! TWO EXITS!!!!! NO WAITING!!!!!!! .....aka, the squat and bucket routine one experiences from drinking bad Tequila and eating even worse Thai food.

perhaps Mike can add a second question to the regular poll.

Is this bike a candidate for the puke bucket?
A: Yes
B: No
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#10 Unread post by HYPERR »

jstark47 wrote:
HYPERR wrote:it's mfugly in a cool unique way instead of being mfugly in a bland boring way.
The more I look at this thing, the more it's mfugly in a barf!! kind of way :puke: That's just ludicrous looking.
Yeah you're right, the more I look at it, the more just plain mfugly it's starting to look! :?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS