2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser: Voted Fail

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser is...

You may select 1 option

View results

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: This Week - 2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser: Vote & Discuss

#31 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Crazy question but, why would you want to intentionally modify a diesel pick up so that it does smoke?

Mike
Small pencil

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#32 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Fail. (well, I voted on day 1 but didn't post a reason till now)

I can see electric bikes in the future, but not taking away gas engines but more adding to the line-ups. Motorcycle's (on average) do not use a lot of fuel and in Europe or California gas bikes are still passing (and improving) on emissions (like EURO4) as well.

More of a novelty item right now I would think or the "Must have it as I bought a Chevy Volt" kind of bike, maybe you live in a county where gas/petol it really expensive or in short supply or even of poor quality?

Not for me and not my tastes but I can see a future for it and congratulate those with a long sighted vision to bring it to us sooner.

But sorry, I just don't see the value in it right now... but then, things do change.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#33 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Crazy question but, why would you want to intentionally modify a diesel pick up so that it does smoke?

Mike
Small pencil
Of course! haha.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#34 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks to everyone who has voted thus far in the polls! The vote will remain open but the results from first week the bike is up is what goes into our Cool Wall.

And now the exciting results of this week's bike!

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser is...

Awesome 13%
Cool 23%
Uncool 13%
Fail 50%

Notes: Even though it ended as a 50% Fail vote it was not really as cut-and-dry as people did vote awesome and cool as well which does show there is a future for electric bikes, but either the technology, the cost or the buyers are just not 100% ready for it yet. It will be interesting to see how things change in their arena in the coming years.

simon
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: yahama R 15

Re: 2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser: Voted Fail

#35 Unread post by simon »

really awesome bike . i have currently Yamaha R15 . but i want to purchase now this ZERO bike . i am very excited to saw all the picture . seat is adjustable and very all features are very good . price of bike is according to my pocket purchase so this is very good feature for me . so from where i purchase this bike . i am in Chandigarh now so please let me know if there is any automobile center where i purchase this ZERO bike . tanks for sharing .

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2013 Zero XU Urban Crosser: Voted Fail

#36 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

simon wrote:really awesome bike . i have currently Yamaha R15 . but i want to purchase now this ZERO bike . i am very excited to saw all the picture . seat is adjustable and very all features are very good . price of bike is according to my pocket purchase so this is very good feature for me . so from where i purchase this bike . i am in Chandigarh now so please let me know if there is any automobile center where i purchase this ZERO bike . tanks for sharing .
I Simon and welcome to the community! am sorry, I am not sure where in India you could purchase this. You could check Zero's site dealer locator here: http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/locator/ but as of now it says:
India

There are currently no dealers near India

Zero Motorcycles is always expanding and may have a dealer in your area soon. In the meantime, please contact us us directly so that we can answer any of your questions.