2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS: Voted Cool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS: Voted Cool

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... s14ABS.htm

2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS

This year continues Kawasaki's heritage of high performing, versatile, rider-friendly sports motorcycles. There are some welcome returns along with a few young upstarts that'll get your heart racing.

Inspiring Touring Performance, Enviable Sporting Credentials

Sport touring riders are among the most discerning of all motorcyclists, and the Concours™ 14 supersport tourer's combination of technology, comfort and continent conquering performance meets the toughest demands of this selective crowd. It is powered by a muscular heart derived from the legendary Ninja® ZX™-14 sportbike. Comfortable ergonomics make it well-suited to long days in the saddle, while offering proper body positioning for sport riding. Its overall performance will entice riders to pull out the big maps and plan extraordinary sporting tours through the next county or country.

The Concours 14 holds its own with the best world-class touring rigs yet still negotiates the twists and turns of America’s backroads in finest, Ninja-inspired tradition. Whether carving through canyons, devouring highways and even shuttling through the cities, a Concours 14 provides the ultimate platform for your next sport touring adventure.

The Concours 14 supersport tourer boasts several features that enhance comfort, convenience and safety, solidifying its position at head of the class. Dynamic bodywork increases comfort by routing heat away from the rider and passenger. A tall, electrically adjustable windscreen creates a calm cockpit experience with help from ducts above the instrument panel, which balances pressure areas outside and inside the screen. Handgrip heaters come standard, providing comfort when the temperatures drop to disagreeably cold temperatures.

The Concours is packed with technological features that enhance the riding experience. The bike’s K-ACT (Kawasaki Advanced Coactive-braking Technology) braking system offers two modes of linked, anti-lock braking and great overall performance. A high-tech traction control system (KTRC: Kawasaki Traction Control) not only reduces wheelspin on slick surfaces, offering riders more confidence-inspiring feedback, but it can be easily switched off at the rider’s discretion.

2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS Key Features

• Ninja ZX-14-based 1,352cc inline-four with variable valve timing provides smooth power across a wide rev range
• Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC) reduces engine output when wheelspin is detected, helping the rear tire to regain grip
• Kawasaki Coactive-braking Technology (K-ACT) links front and rear brakes and has two modes to suit different riding styles
• Aluminum monocoque frame is lightweight, narrow and rigid
• Tetra-Lever shaft drive offsets the lifting and squatting tendencies of shaft drive
• Fuel economy assistance mode prioritizes fuel savings, giving up to a 25 percent mileage boost
• Standard heated grips help provide comfort even in harsh conditions
• Convenient Kawasaki Intelligent Proximity Activation Starting System (KIPASS)
• Electrically adjustable windscreen has memory function and suits a variety of riders
• Includes a 36 month limited factory warranty that can be supplemented with up to an additional 36 months of Kawasaki’s Good Times™ Protection Plan. That’s a total of up to an amazing SIX YEARS of coverage!

2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $16,199 USD

Engine Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four with VVT

Displacement 1,352cc

Bore x Stroke 84.0 x 61.0mm

Maximum Torque 102.0 lb-ft @ 6,200 rpm

Compression Ratio 10.7:1

Fuel System DFI® with four 40mm throttle bodies

Ignition TCBI with Digital Advance

Transmission 6-Speed

Final Drive Tetra-Lever shaft drive

Rake/Trail 26.1 degrees/4.4 in.

Front Tire Size 120/70 ZR-17

Rear Tire Size 190/50 ZR-17

Front Suspension / wheel travel 43mm inverted, telescopic fork with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload / 4.4 in.

Rear Suspension / wheel travel Tetra-Lever with stepless rebound damping adjustment and remote spring preload adjuster / 5.4 in.

Front Brakes Dual floating 310mm petal discs with four-piston calipers with ABS

Rear Brakes Single 270mm petal disc with ABS

Fuel Capacity 5.8 gal.

Seat Height 32.1 in.

Curb Weight 688.0 lbs.

Wheelbase 59.8 in.

Overall Length 87.8 in.

Overall height windscreen lowered / raised: 50.8 in. / 57.7 in.

Overall width 39.4 in.

Color Choices Metallic Spark Black, Metallic Nocturne Blue

Warranty 36 Months

Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24 or 36 months are available
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This week: 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS: Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Last Cool Wall Bike of 2012 Now Up For Voting On - 2013 Concours 14.

53 motorcycles have appeared every Friday each week on our Cool Wall in 2012. Each model different, unique and special, each with a different set of votes and results. Now the last bike of 2012 is up for voting on, the 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS. Have your say today, vote, discuss and debate on where you think it's place should be on our Cool Wall. Is it Awesome? Cool? Uncool or a plain old Fail. You decide! 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

Awesome, overkill but awesome.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#4 Unread post by BobK »

It looks like it would be comfy for long trips, but I only do one long trip a year, and ride around town and short trips the rest of the time, so it wouldn't be ideal for me. Maybe a good retirement bike.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

I ride a Connie 1000 and love it, however the Connie 14 only rates a cool from me coz we don't have a Meh option.

The old 1000 was a big bike, and the 14 even bigger still. One of the best in her class true, but unlike the 1000, she is geared more toward touring side of the ST world then the sport (in my humble opinion) whereas the 1000 has more then a touch of the hooligan sport rider in her. Still a nice bike, so not a fail or uncool.
Always ask why.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#6 Unread post by madjak30 »

I think it's an awesome bike...most rides I take to meet up with people starts with a 150-180kms ride, so this would be perfect. It's still not as big as a Goldwing, so that's a good thing in my book. A little too techie for me, but would still look nice in my garage. Might even be comfy enough to get wifey to go for a ride?!?

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#7 Unread post by Hanson »

My dentist uses a Concours 14 for his daily commute and parks it on the walkway outside is tiny office. Looks sharp!
ImageImage

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

I've gotta go with cool just because the Mayans said that I wouldn't be around to enjoy voting this week :laughing: I have a friend who replaced his 1250 Bandit with one however and he never has really said that it feels like it was the right move. I DO hear about how much he missed the Bandit though.... It's a little on the porky side for what I like in a bike, but get what people see in them. Just not for me.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#9 Unread post by dr_bar »

ceemes wrote:I ride a Connie 1000 and love it, however the Connie 14 only rates a cool from me coz we don't have a Meh option.

The old 1000 was a big bike, and the 14 even bigger still. One of the best in her class true, but unlike the 1000, she is geared more toward touring side of the ST world then the sport (in my humble opinion) whereas the 1000 has more then a touch of the hooligan sport rider in her. Still a nice bike, so not a fail or uncool.
+1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#10 Unread post by dr_bar »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Last Cool Wall Bike of 2012 Now Up For Voting On - 2013 Concours 14.

So, no new bike to vote on next Friday??? :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"