2013 Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) Heist: Cool Factor 56.7%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist is...

You may select 1 option

View results

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) Heist: Cool Factor 56.7%

#41 Unread post by High_Side »

Yep HYPERR, Storysunfolding pretty much summed up what drove my comments.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#42 Unread post by HYPERR »

storysunfolding wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:As the guy who brought the idea of including CCW bikes on TMW forward I am royally pissed at the way this forum was referred to as "rasist".
What do you mean? :shock: Did I miss something? :boat:

Looks like the picture linked on the last page isn't working anymore. After comments such as mine talking about how Lifan motorcycles tend to be low quality and unreliable the owner of CCW decided to post this along with a link on his facebook page (the CCW person, not company page)

"Let us know what you think of the CCW Heist. Seems the old men have mixed feelings about it. Seems the racist also are having a field day, imposing their idea of China on our bike without actually seeing or riding one. CCW will leave it up to our customers to set the record straight. If you like it, give it a good vote!"

Maybe they do truly have the only quality motorcycles to come out of 'the Lifan factory, but their approach to advocating their product is disgusting. Though at the same time I am amused at all the "It's a great bike for teaching you how to work on your motorcycle" posts both here and on the CCW page.
Ok got it, thanks.

I don't see how calling a spade a spade can be considered racist... :boat:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

79XS650Brat
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 23
My Motorcycle: 1979 Yamaha XS650

#43 Unread post by 79XS650Brat »

Hello I am new here but I am not new to motorcycles. I currently have a 1979 XS650 Special that is Brat Style. I looked long and hard for a new low cost bike in the 200cc range back in 2011 and came across the CCW "Tha Heist" and the Kikker 5150. I joined two different forums to get a little better feel for the 2 bikes in question and found one forum to be a little upsetting by the way they treated the newbies which really through me off. After that I decided against the Kikker and found a local dealer that carried the CCW. I spent a few days at the dealer going over Tha Heist and asking all types of questions and concerns about it and the maker. I was unable to purchase at the time because of a unforeseen family emergency. Once I had the funds again I researched a little harder and ran across several more reviews of Tha Heist and it was unsettling by what I had found. More and more riders were having issues with the cush drive failing, wiring harness burning up in the fake oil can, no castle nuts on the front or rear axle, no locking nuts anywhere to be found, rear tail lights breaking, front lights burning out the wiring harness connectors, chrome flaking off the engine covers and one guy even found bits of newspaper inside the engine when performing a oil change. Sorry if this all sounds anecdotal but the info is out there on several different forums and facebook. Really turned me off for a new bike to be having so many issues and maintenance to be performed. I found my current ride on Craigslist and glad I made the purchase.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#44 Unread post by Wrider »

To be honest, one of the other reasons I find it hard to get behind these bikes is the fact that all of the bikes they make start with "Tha".
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#45 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

And the 'living vote' asserts itself. Praise be to the short attention spans of fanboys.

saccityscout
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 2112/cleveland cycle works/bobber

#46 Unread post by saccityscout »

i personally own a heist bobber and have found it to be a lot of fun.only problem i have had is due to clearance between rear fender and tire. being a hard tail the ride gets a little ruff, result being tire rubbed tail light harness and shorted it out in turn burnt half the wiring harness on the bike. pretty embarassing concidering i was in traffic and the bike went up in smoke! been trying to repair every since. road the bike for about a month and its been sitting over a year. i love the bike and cant wait to get it back on the road.

JackoftheGreen
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#47 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Lance, thanx for the input and welcome to TMW! I must say, I'm impressed at your level of devotion to your Heist, if any bike ever caught fire and started smoking on me, I'd say a few words and shoot it in the head.

ScooterScott
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: 83 Honda Magna, 87 Honda Shadow

#48 Unread post by ScooterScott »

I just created my account on these forums, but I've been lurking them for about four months now. I cast my vote as "Cool", because I like the concept here...

The idea behind a self-maintenance, low-MSRP, bobber is pretty amazing. Like the Johnny Pag and similar bikes, one of these manufacturers is going to come out on top eventually. (I'd prefer sooner, rather than later...)

All the owner reviews seem to be mixed. The owners who knew they were going to have to put on locking screws and such as well as maintain the bike themselves seem happy, the ones who thought they'd get something they could ride til it fell apart seemed surprised it fell apart as quick as it did.

I'm not big on the idea of doing this much maintenance myself, and I see that about $60 bucks worth of changes to manufacturing would fix the biggest issues reported on these bikes. I've got confidence the manufacturer will get there, even if they haven't yet.

Scooter
(And yeah, I get the irony of my name.)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#49 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Some readers have asked with 611 votes (currently) what does that now put the 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) Heist?

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist is...

Awesome (3 points) 290 47%
Cool (2 points) 151 25%
Uncool (1 point) 22 4%
Fail (0 point) 148 24%

Total votes: 611

65.14% Cool
(from 56.7%)

That's a lot of votes!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#50 Unread post by ceemes »

It's still a POS bike made by a POS company.......
Always ask why.