2013 Hyosung GV250 - Coolness Factor = 61.0

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Hyosung GV250 is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Hyosung GV250 - Coolness Factor = 61.0

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Hyosung GV250 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Aquila.htm

2013 Hyosung GV250

The GV250 will make even the long way home feel short.

A full-size, 250cc cruiser with low handle bar built around classic styling and V-twin DOHC 8 valve engine combine to deliver a smooth and confident ride, normally only found in larger displacement motorcycles. Featuring electronic fuel injection, increased intake and exhaust efficiency and improved riding position, you will not find a more comfortable or better performing small cruiser. It breaks through the hardest tasks with ease.

An entry level cruiser with a real V-Twin engine and true custom cruiser styling. The low seat height and easy riding makes the GV250 an ideal first motorcycle. Recent open road tests by a learner rider returned 33km per litre!
Compare the GV250 to any in its class and you will soon realize the value for money.

The fuel injected GV250 is capable, nimble and right at home on the open road.

2012 Hyosung GV250 Aquila Features and Benefits

The 250cc v-twin includes roller bearing cam shafts, 2 piece spring dampened bevel primary drive gears, and dual squelch combustion chamber. These are features that were previously confined to racing engines, and in the past have not been economical to incorporate into smaller capacity engines for street use until now.

Air / Oil cooled 75° V-twin DOHC, 4-valve per cylinder

Double piston of large size disk (Ø 275mm)

Disk brake of strong brake force that employs caliper

Wide and comfortable seat, low seat height 700mm.

Rear combination and turn-signal lamp for excellent rear visual recognition.

High-capacity (14 l) fuel tank of two-tone color with beautifully curved lines.

Aluminum casting wheel and extra-wide tubeless tire

Rear wheel : 150/80 - 15 MCs 70 Ss

2012 Hyosung GV250 Aquila - US Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $3,999 USD

Chassis Type Air / Oil cooled DOHC 8-valve 75° V-twin
Displacement 249cc
Bore x Stroke 57 x 48.8
Compression 10.3 : 1
Fuel System Fuel injection
Lubrication Wet sump
Clutch Wet, Multiplate
Gear Constant Mesh 5-speed
Final Drive Chain
Overall Length 89.84 inches
Overall Height 43.15 inches
Overall Width 34.45 inches

Engine Wheel Base 59.65 inches
Seat Heigh 27.95 inches
Brake Front: Single disc, 2 pistons caliper
Brake Rear: Drum
Suspension Front: Conventional Telescopic
Suspension Rear: Swing arm with Hyeraulic Double shock absorber (Preload adjustable)

Transmission Tire Front: 110/90 -16 / Rear: 150/80 -15
Fuel Tank Capacity 3.7ga;
Curb Weight 388lbs

Colors: Black and red, black and silver, carmel and black, black
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This week: 2013 Hyosung GV250: Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As we just had an inexpensive 250cc cruiser up (The CCW Heist for $3200), I thought this would be an interesting back-to-back challenge. Hyosung is a pretty new company as well in North America and are known for inexpensive bikes, their 250cc here rings in at $4000 or $800 more.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#3 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

For my fellow metrically challenged Americans, that's 77.5 miles per gallon...

I'm a little disappointed to see Hyosung style their cruiser so mainstream, as opposed to the 'techno-muscle' look they had previously. That said, I think it's going to work out well for them and this little machine is going to put a burr in the Rebel's saddle. It's especially going to make a splash because it's a 'beginners' 250cc that doesn't look like a beginners bike. Wait 'till your neices' 'bike-curious' husband gets a load of this thing -- they'll be flying off the shelves all this spring, and come about August they'll be all over Craigslist for 3k.

I'm curious to see if this move to a more traditional looking cruiser means that Hyosung will also be offering larger displacements in the future. If the GV of 'ago had also been available in a GV750, I may very well have one in the driveway now instead of PowerSlave.

I'm voting Cool.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

Gave it a cool. It's got the right looks for its market segment and its small enough for entry level riders to master as well as cheap enough to afford. And they have been around for a bit now so should have made some decent progress in reliability and finish, like Korean cars have made. Compared to the last offering, which was one ugly, shoddy POS in my humble opinion, this one is the real deal, and with luck will give Honda a push to upgrade and freshen up their Rebel.
Always ask why.

sheister
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2012

#5 Unread post by sheister »

Gave it a cool. Don't know much about the company or it's products but at least it's actually 250cc and it's fit and finish look far and away beyond what CCW has offered for not much more money. Anyone own one of their products that wants to chime in?

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

JackoftheGreen wrote:For my fellow metrically challenged Americans, that's 77.5 miles per gallon...

I'm a little disappointed to see Hyosung style their cruiser so mainstream, as opposed to the 'techno-muscle' look they had previously.
I like the "mainstream" cruiser look. I think this would make an awesome commuter bike.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#7 Unread post by montanalifter »

I voted cool, a lot of good things going for it, modern except the rear drum brake. Could be liquid cooled but oil cooler is good. I think a lot of people will never buy it though because it says hyosung on the tank.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#8 Unread post by storysunfolding »

When we bought Hyosung's for the Navy and Marines Traffic Safety program it was mainly because with the gas crunch in 2008 it was hard as hell to get any of the more traditional bikes (rebels, TW's, v-star, dR's, eliminators etc). We ended up with a fleet that was mostly Hyosung aquila's, comets and Lifan motorcycles. While the lifan's didn't make the first year due to horrible QA issues, the comets and aquila's are still in circulation and going strong after four full seasons of new rider abuse.

While I'm not a fan of the styling, I gave it a cool for reliability, and a smooth ride.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

JackoftheGreen

#9 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

blues2cruise wrote:I like the "mainstream" cruiser look. I think this would make an awesome commuter bike.
I like the traditional cruiser look too -- I only meant that I appreciated the previous GV because it had that meld of cruiser and techno-future. I think if the GV had been offered in larger displacements, a 750 or an 800 to be sure, a lot of us younger novice riders would have gravitated towards it for the styling. I came [--] <~~ that close to buying a GV650 instead of my Vulcan, but in the end I just wasn't confident I could do the sort of long-distance freeway riding I wanted to do with a 650 under my butt. (-:

I worry that without that edgy look in their cruiser, Hyosung will have to truly go "head-to-head" with the well-established brands. If they're going to make that work, this bike will have to stay significantly lower in price-point than the Rebels, Marauders and V-Star 250s -- where previously they were below price-point and had that teckie style.

JackoftheGreen

#10 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Thought this could use a bump, given the amount of attention we're still giving to the previous Cool Wall candidate. Let's not let a good bike languish 'cause were too busy trashing a bad one. (-: