2013 Honda CBR600RRA - Coolness Factor: 73.96%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CBR600RRA is...

You may select 1 option

View results

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: This week: 2013 Honda CBR600RRA: Vote Now

#11 Unread post by HYPERR »

BobK wrote:I'd give it a try, but I'm afraid it would be boring to ride one of these and stay within the law.
Do you stay within the law with your XR? :ninja:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: COOL.

A solid cool. Honda really makes their bikes to last and with the tight tolerances of a 600cc superbike that's really hard to do. Plus, Honda makes all their bikes with a safety first mind set. Take this bikes mirrors, they are designed to bend forward so not to catch a riders legs/feet if an accident occures and the windscreen is a breakaway type one too. Not bad thinking.

But to me, even the 600's are getting a little generic in their looks and for the novice, it's hard to tell them apart anymore. I think the design really needs to be quite different to be noticed anymore. So, it gets an uncool on design, a fail on rider comfort but an awesome on technology.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#13 Unread post by storysunfolding »

JackoftheGreen wrote:
So, how about price?

A 2012 Hyosung GT650 will set you back just $6,200, literally half of this CBR. Yeah, you say, but that's a Hyosung.
A 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 comes in at $7,500. Or less than 2/3s.
Can we get a little closer? Okay --
2012 Yamaha YZF-R6 600 nudges up next to this CBR at $10,900, $1,500 less.

So, given all that, I can feel good about handing this a Fail. (-:
totalmotorcycle wrote:So, it gets an uncool on design, a fail on rider comfort but an awesome on technology.
You have to look at the CBR for what it is, a 600 cc Race Replica. It's not really designed to be a street bike but a track fast cat. Sure people ride them on the streets, but I have a neighbor whose choice for a daily driver in DC Metro Traffic looks like this

Honda hit something right with their 600cc bike. It's lines flow from fairing to tail, the engineering adds power down low and grunt up high, the abs prevents the all too common newb or daily driver mistakes and it culminates into one of the best handling machines in it's class with strong dependable power and a great suspension. I'm on awesome but I have to address those comments guys.

While chic styling may win groupies, sport bike design by necessity focuses on adding edge to performance. Reducing drag by 6.5% is phenomenal. Building in safety features at the same time without reducing room for a tuck or having a tank block your arms for performance sake (*cough*yamaha*cough*) shows equal attention the dichotomy of design between rider and machine. It will never be dramatically different than other sportbikes since they are all conforming towards an ideal shape. If anything the outliers are horrible performers... unless you want to pick up girls. In that case, if you're relying on a $20,000 Ducati then I wish you luck. $20,000 can buy your way out of ugly, teach you some class or get you a masters but if its your way to get girls then more power to you.

Comfort... it's a sport bike. It was designed for 20-30 laps of hopping side to side stretching your body out to grasp those precious few extra degrees of extra lean angle. The whole time you're fighting an ever losing battle with skin tight leathers constantly feeling a breathe away from the wedgie that will never come unstuck. She looks comfortable enough. Of course I'd love to see a big soft seat that won't support you midturn paired with forward controls while you're trying to drag an elbow. That would be bitchin.

Also compare it to similar bikes here guys. What's it like versus an R6, ZX6, GSXR600, or even something striving for it like a ducati 848? Comparing it to standard twins or detuned models with upright positions isn't fair. It's like comparing vettes to the Honda Civic SI. Looking fast doesn't mean being fast.

Staying with my awesome and wishing I wasn't stopping hitting the track this year :(
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#14 Unread post by storysunfolding »

HYPERR wrote:
BobK wrote:I'd give it a try, but I'm afraid it would be boring to ride one of these and stay within the law.
Do you stay within the law with your XR? :ninja:
I haven't stayed within the law with any of my bikes. I have to admit the S1000RR was rough on my will power. However, I probably broke more laws with my ninja 250 than any other bike. In the back of my head I always imagined saying "Officer, are you sure you weren't clocking the other guy? My little baby only puts out 24 hp!"
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#15 Unread post by sunshine229 »

This bike is Awesome! Always a looker and such a great model that has stood the test of time. And Honda finds a way to keep making it every so slightly better each time they renew it. Beautiful bike and mostly practical for those who like sports bikes. :mrgreen: A bit expensive though!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

From comments like: It's a CBR600RR! 'nuff said to meh! The CBR600RR sure does attact attention all around, but, love it or hate it, it does attact quite positive attention!

Here is the turn out:

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CBR600RRA is: 73.96%

Awesome (3 points) 38% [ 12 ]
Cool (2 points) 50% [ 16 ]
Uncool (1 point) 9% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 3% [ 1 ]

Total votes : 32

Total number of votes: 32
Average points per vote: 71/32 = 2.22
Standardized to a maximum of 3 points: 1.74/3 x 100 = 73.96
...Therefore, this bike ranks a Coolwall Factor of 73.96%

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.