2012 Triumph Scrambler - Coolness Factor: 70.67%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Triumph Scrambler is...

You may select 1 option

View results

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: This week: 2012 Triumph Scrambler: Vote Now

#11 Unread post by HYPERR »

Grey Thumper wrote:I just noticed that the first pic (black bike) only has one gauge, while the second one (green bike) has two (presumably speedo and tach). But the spec sheet just says: "Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer with odometer and trip information"

Does the Scrambler come in different trim levels (like a regular and T100 Bonnie)?
The second bike also has a shorter and more compact two into one exhaust instead of the two into two of the first bike. I know that exhaust is available as an accessory. So I'm going to assume that the second bike is also outfitted with an accessory gauge package.

BTW, I voted awesome.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Bullet Bill
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2006 Honda Nighthawk 250

#12 Unread post by Bullet Bill »

After a quick Google search, it looks like an optional digital instrument cluster.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

It is truly a unique looking bike with heritage attached. It's not for me (it's just a little too uncomfortable for my boney bottom), but I can see this bike attracting quite a bit of attention at a bike night. This is really what the KLR650 should have looked like way back in the day as it looks like it could ride anything, anywhere and still be stylish. The KLR of course is a lot cheaper (and less powerful) but that aside, the Triumph is really special. Even the price is really good and the MPG also.

I haven't really seen more than 1 on the road (for shame guys, buy one!).

Funny enough it looks like they took the photos riding in central London, which is an interesting setting for this bike, but, amazingly enough, it works!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Thanks to Grey Thumper's comment on the last cool wall bike "From meh cruiser one week, to meh sportbike the next" here is something really different, just for you. :D

Mike
Ha ha, er, thanks. And indeed, the Scrambler is awesome!
You are most welcome! I do read all the posts and requests, some I just ignore, some I laugh at and some get my attention (good and bad) ... hahaa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#15 Unread post by sapaul »

We see quite a few of them here, there was a resurgence of the retro Triumph's a few years back
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R