2013 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS - Coolness Factor = 76.0%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS is...

You may select 1 option

View results

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: This week: 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS : Vote Today

#21 Unread post by Wrider »

totalmotorcycle wrote: (sorta how I felt with the Dodge Charger is it a muscle car or a family car?)
Lol I know of a local Charger that can carry a whole family while keeping up with (or beating if he has the NO2 hooked up) my Z750S.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#22 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I love this bike for what it is - a sport tourer that keeps getting better with time. The newest version is so gorgeous, I love the design!

It got an awesome from me!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wrider wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote: (sorta how I felt with the Dodge Charger is it a muscle car or a family car?)
Lol I know of a local Charger that can carry a whole family while keeping up with (or beating if he has the NO2 hooked up) my Z750S.
That would be one souped up car then with the Hemi and all the fixin's. It would be quite, no very, rare for anything under a Fererri to keep up even close to your bike; after all, you have one sweet bike there. :revv:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#24 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Quite a good voting turnout and another great discussion too! Riders really seem to like what Yamaha has done with not only the FJR1300 but the whole sport-touring scene as well. How will Honda or Suzuki improve upon the FJR?

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS is...

Awesome (3 points) 56% [ 20 ]
Cool (2 points) 25% [ 9 ]
Uncool (1 point) 11% [ 4 ]
Fail (0 point) 8% [ 3 ]

This bike ranks a Coolwall Factor of 76.0%
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS - Coolness Factor = 76.0%

#25 Unread post by Wrider »

Very cool!

As for the Charger, it's an SRT8 with a built tranny, aftermarket axle, ported/polished intake, CAI and a 91 octane tune when he beat me from a dig. Now he's on E-85 with a 150 shot of N02.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS - Coolness Factor = 76.0%

#26 Unread post by ceemes »

I always had a soft spot for the FJR, mainly because Yamaha bucked the trend in the ST world of making ST's bigger and fatter. The Connie 14, Honda ST and even my beloved Triumph Sprint all have gotten bigger and fatter, leaning more toward the Touring side of the ST world and away from the Sport side.

A lot of people don't get the ST models, are they sport bikes or are they touring bikes? Well, with bikes like my old and trusty '87 Connie, they are both. I can easily tour all day on them in comfort and not be crippled after an hour or so. And I can cut loose and tear up the twisties damn near as well as any RR600 when I want to. A good ST such as the Connie 1000 and Sprint ST finds that fine balance between both worlds. And they make pretty good commuter bikes as well, even when dealing with city traffic. (The only down side I have with the Connie is that it does not like sitting in traffic idling on a hot summer day too long, even with the cooling fan going full bore, she starts to cook and overheat.)

But as I said, the makers of ST's have progressively making their bikes bigger, heavier and fatter along with throwing on more and more "tech" goodies to the point where they are slowly morphing into mini full on touring machines, or baby Wings if you like. This I think is a mistake and I will have to take a close look at the new FJR to see if Yamaha has jumped onto that band wagon.

Triumph at least was honest when it recently upgraded the Sprint by changing its designation from ST (Sport Touring) to GT (Grand Touring) to reflect its shift more towards the touring end of the model. I am hoping that with the release of the new Trophy, Triumph will take the Sprint back to its roots as a full on hooligan big S small t sport touring machine.
Always ask why.