2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout : Coolness Factor: 50%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout : Coolness Factor: 50%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... eakout.htm

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout

The New Harley-Davidson Breakout Belongs to the Street.

Aggressive Styling and Gritty Attitude from a Premium Softail® Chopper

The 2013 Harley-Davidson® Breakout® motorcycle is an urban prowler, a bike ready for a midnight ramble to the roadhouse or a rib joint rendezvous with the crew. Green light? Crack the throttle to deliver a muscular dose of American V-Twin torque and etch the asphalt with a fat rear tire. The Breakout will be long gone, along with its rider's inhibitions.

With authentic swagger that turns heads in traffic and a proud stance certain to draw a curb-side crowd on bike night, the Breakout is presented as a premium model in its segment with distinctive finishes and specific components not available on other Harley-Davidson bikes. Long and low-slung, the Breakout features a 240mm rear tire visually balanced with thick forks and chopped fenders, while a shaved tank console and a drag handlebar keep the profile low. A Twin Cam 103B™ powertrain and other components are trimmed in gleaming chrome and gloss-black paint.

Like the acclaimed 2013 Custom Vehicle Operations™ (CVO™) Breakout® model that precedes it, the Breakout features styling that's smooth, tight, and intended to showcase the engine and the tires.

"With Breakout we got down to motorcycle essentials, which means emphasizing the powertrain and the wheels," says Harley-Davidson Styling Manager Kirk Rasmussen. "The black and chrome engine visually pops out of the center the bike, and then to maximize the impact of the tires, the fenders are chopped. We wanted a lot of rubber showing to give the Breakout a tough, muscular look."

The Gasser wheels are new and specific to the Breakout, according to Rasmussen.

"We've always loved the gasser-style drag racing wheels from the 1960s and '70s," says Rasmussen. "Our wheels are loosely inspired by those classics. Each wheel has 10 half-round spokes. The gloss-black powdercoat is machined away on alternating spokes and the rim edge to expose the aluminum under the paint."

A gloss-black finish is also applied to the new cast aluminum oil tank, as well as fork lowers, brake rotors, muffler shields and the handlebar.

"To lower Breakout's overall profile, we placed the speedometer on the handlebar riser," says Rasmussen, "and topped the fuel tank with a black leather strip that covers the seam, and a chrome-plated pod that's just high enough to conceal necessary wiring and vent lines. The handlebar is a new curved drag bend that which I think feels aggressive when you ride."

The Softail® chassis mimics the clean lines of a vintage hardtail frame, but utilizes rear suspension control provided by coil-over shock absorbers mounted horizontally and out of sight within the frame rails. The Breakout is available with ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and the Harley-Davidson security system as a factory-installed option.

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... eakout.htm

2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $17,899 - $18,299 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $20,329 - $20,779 CDN
UK/European MSRP Price: £15,645 - £15,945 GBP
Australian MSRP Price: $28,995 AUD - $31,995 NZD

DIMENSIONS
Length 96.3 in.
Seat Height, Laden 724.7 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 726 in.
Ground Clearance 4.7 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 35
Trai l5.7 in.
Wheelbase 67.3 in.
Tires, Front Specification 130/60B21 63H
Tires, Rear Specification 240/40R18 79V
Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3.5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 680 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 710 lb.
Luggage Capacity -Volume N/A
Luggage Capacity -Weight N/A

ENGINE
Engine Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™
Bore 3.875 in.
Stroke 4.38 in.
Displacement 103 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Fuel System Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)

DRIVETRAIN
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79

CHASSIS
ExhaustStaggered, straight-cut chrome mufflers with gloss black exhaust shields
Wheels, Optional Style Type 9 N/A
Wheels, Front Type 9 Gasser Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Rear Type 9 Gasser Cast Aluminum
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston fixed front; 2-piston floating rear

PERFORMANCE
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 95.5 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,000
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 23.4
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 23.4
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 42 mpg

ELECTRIC
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
GaugesClean, low center tank console

PRICING
Vivid Black $17,899
Color Option $18,299
Two-Tone Option N/A
Custom Color Option N/A
Security Option Only offered as part of Security Package
Wheel Option N/A
ABS Option Only offered as part of Security Package
Reverse Option N/A
Cruise Control Option N/A
California Emissions $200
Freight $335
Security Package (Security and ABS) $1,195
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This week: 2013 Harley-Davidson FXSB Breakout : Vote Tod

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

You want fresh and hot off the press? No? You want HOTTER than that, you want 0-day releases!!!! (It's so l33t Sp33k it has other motorcycle sites look like n00bs!) :laughing:

Well, here you go, before ANYONE else has it, TMW has it. After all, if you deserve the best, that's why you are here! :revv: :revv: :revv: :revv:

Enjoy

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

The bike by itself looked ok but soon as I saw the second pic with the typical wannabe goofy lookimg tool on it, the entire human/bike combo looked so ridiculous I had no choice but to rate it fail. :banging:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4 Unread post by madjak30 »

And here I was just about to say that this is a Harley that I can see the attraction to...

Not awesome, but Cool for sure...only because you can get the same style and attitude for less from Japan...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#5 Unread post by ZRex »

I voted awesome, there are a few things I might change, but that would be easy.

Great job TMW on getting it on the cool wall so quickly.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

UPDATE: Stats and information update, plus another 7 new desktop sized photos as well for you to enjoy: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... eakout.htm

Also I guessed wrong as I originally thought the Breakout would be part of the Dyna family but it is actually part of the Softail one, hence the higher price but beefier model appearance. See the rear tire!

Working on Saturday morning to bring you the latest information and specifications on the Breakout. :D

Enjoy the new info!

Mike

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

Apart from the rakish front end, it's just another HD cut from the same old and tired mold. Fail and nothing but fail votes until they come up with something really new and innovative.
Always ask why.

snakedoctEr726
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '11 BMW K1300S

#8 Unread post by snakedoctEr726 »

ceemes wrote:it's just another HD
That means it's going to be an exceptional motorcycle.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:Apart from the rakish front end, it's just another HD cut from the same old and tired mold. Fail and nothing but fail votes until they come up with something really new and innovative.
I could see how Harely-Davidson sticks to a design formula, but that formula really works well to be honest. But I do see Harley-Davidson now taking in ideas from other manufacturers rather than sticking hard and fast to the same "basic designs" they used to. The V-Rod really opened up The Motor Company to creative ideas and we are starting to see more fruits of that labor.

The new designed models coming out today from H-D look nothing like they did just 10 years ago (remember H-D is a slooooooooooooow changer!).

Look at the Breakout vs a 2003 model:

Those are some forward thinking designs of their year as well.

Mike

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#10 Unread post by jstark47 »

It's kind of pretty, I'll give it that. But it's just another parts-bin special from the MoCo. Original? Not. :sleepy:

Uncool it is.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S