2014 Honda CTX700N - Coolness Factor = 43.9%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Honda CTX700N is..

You may select 1 option

View results

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: This week: 2014 Honda CTX700N : Vote Today

#21 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

It's difficult to find anything appealing aesthetically about this bike. It really is quite ugly -- not enough curves to make it sexy, not enough edges to make it techo-modern.

That said, I see good things in this bike's future. It's a 'Goldilocks' bike, plain and simple. Low seat height, not really a cruiser and not really a sport bike, very little chrome to care for, middle-of-the-road 700cc displacement and even the option of a slushbox -- this bike will snick right into that starter bike niche populated by people who are bike shopping for financial or practical reasons. This may not be the bike for us enthusiasts, but it is a fantastic bike for the masses, and infiltrating the masses can be beneficial for us enthusiasts if it happens right. For that reason, I'll hand this a Cool.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: This week: 2014 Honda CTX700N : Vote Today

#22 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I like it because it looks a bit sporty but the pegs are a bit forward. I also like the fact that when my hand is acting up I don't need to shift.

I think this would be a good commuter bike when you're in rush hour traffic.

Given the power to weight ratio, it will probably be just as energetic as my 900 Vulcan.

I like the black and red combo.

The cc's also put it in the lower insurance bracket.

It is 150 pounds lighter than my current bike.

I'd like to give it a try.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: 2014 Honda CTX700N - Coolness Factor = 43.9%

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Honda CTX700N is..

Awesome (3 points) 9% 9% [ 4 ]
Cool (2 points) 39% 39% [ 17 ]
Uncool (1 point) 27% 27% [ 12 ]
Fail (0 point) 25% 25% [ 11 ]

Total number of votes: 44

Average points per vote: 58/44 = 1.32
Standardized to a maximum of 3 points: 1.32/3 x 100 = 43.9
...Therefore, this bike ranks a Coolwall Factor of 43.9%

Quite a good voter turnout on quite a unique new motorcycle! With the Scattergory of votes and a 43.9% end result I am not sure how the CTX700 will really do for Honda, it's a risky move, but it's good to see innovation in the market. Honda has never been a risk taking company but they have been proving this axiom wrong now for the past few years (with good and bad results). So why the change at Honda? Is a riskier business plan good for Honda?
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

StreetFighter
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: CB500F

#24 Unread post by StreetFighter »

If you can add bags and a backrest, it is pretty cool for a 2 up cruiser.

Chabu
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2013 Triumph Tiger 800

#25 Unread post by Chabu »

StreetFighter wrote:If you can add bags and a backrest, it is pretty cool for a 2 up cruiser.
Totally agree, especially since bags may slightly hide those fugly pipes. I also wish it offered ABS as a stand-alone enhancement without the auto-crap. A 3 gallon tank on a cruiser is just wrong. If the nc700x did not exist, this may worthy of a slightly higher vote but putting it next to the nc makes this thing look hideous.