2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom : Coolness Factor = 61.0%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom is..

You may select 1 option

View results

momule
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650

Re: This week: 2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom : Vote Today

#21 Unread post by momule »

It's a nice looking bike but is the dying gasp for a series that has outlived itself. I believe that the midsize market will probably be the future for biking but that future it won't be done on the back of a V-Star 650 in this overweight, oversized configuration. One of these days people are going to realize that anything over a litre bike is a bit unnecessary and all those sales will fall back to the 650-1000cc bikes, both cruisers and tourers. The V-Star will be in people's garages for a very long time to come however because it really IS a fine, well-made machine.
"ONE DAY AT A TIME"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

momule wrote:It's a nice looking bike but is the dying gasp for a series that has outlived itself. I believe that the midsize market will probably be the future for biking but that future it won't be done on the back of a V-Star 650 in this overweight, oversized configuration. One of these days people are going to realize that anything over a litre bike is a bit unnecessary and all those sales will fall back to the 650-1000cc bikes, both cruisers and tourers. The V-Star will be in people's garages for a very long time to come however because it really IS a fine, well-made machine.
Great point there. I really agree with your statement "One of these days people are going to realize that anything over a liter bike is a bit unnecessary and all those sales will fall back to the 650-1000cc bikes, both cruisers and tourers." I would stretch it a bit further and say 500-900cc range as we already see sales/popularity in this category building today. There will always be a place for 500cc or smaller and 900cc or bigger bikes, but we do have seen that anything over 1800cc just doesn't sell that well.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Quite a good voter turnout and really nice discussion on this one! Great job gang. It seems like everyone agrees that the V-Star 650 is a good bike and even with it's little dated looks still turns heads enough to get people to buy one and start riding on it as their first bike as well. While there are in deed a few things that Yamaha could improve on the V-Star, it's pretty good value and maybe doing so the price would go up too much and ruin it's value?

The 650cc segment is a strong one and overall the V-Star 650 competes well in it.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom is..

Awesome (3 points) 15% 15% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 54% 54% [ 26 ]
Uncool (1 point) 27% 27% [ 13 ]
Fail (0 point) 4% 4% [ 2 ]

Total votes : 48

Average points per vote: 88/48 = 1.83
Standardized to a maximum of 3 points: 1.83/3 x 100 = 61.0
...Therefore, this bike ranks a Coolwall Factor of 61.0%

Next Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion. The vote for the V-Star 650 will remain open so if you haven't voted on it, feel free to do so still....

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.