2013 Hyosung GT650R - Voted 44.7%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Hyosung GT650R is..

You may select 1 option

View results

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This week: 2013 Hyosung GT650R: Vote Today

#21 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I do really like the looks of the GT650R's and Hyosung really is trying to get into the market by producing a cheaper version of what's available by the big manufacturers. The only problem is that Hyosung's aren't built with comfort in mind. The seat on this bike (unless things have changed for 2013) is rock hard and after sitting on it for only 30 secs at a motorcycle show I felt the ache. I can't imagine riding this bike.

In this regard, I have to give it an uncool. But I do want them to keep trying... they are on the right track, they just need to do a bit more to make their bikes appealing!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool.

It's unique, you won't see many of them on the road, which is really too bad considering the price. I haven't rode a Hyosung myself but I'm quite familiar with their product and I have to say they are improving in each model generation. But I've seen a few Hyosung's in the UK rust up real quick after 5 or so years. Hyosung had a good thing going with the low price point, but that might be ending soon considering we are seeing cheap Honda's coming out ($6k for a new Honda? Wow). It's unfortunate that you are truly getting what you are paying for and the lower quality might just come back and bite Honda in the bum.

But back to the GT650R... It's like the Ninja 650R, it's a sport bike that you could start out on (if you have enough skill to do so) and it would work well for any seasoned rider too. The question I guess is how good is it built and how good is the dealer network?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Quite interesting end result, this really shows how the new voting system is truly working. Even though the most popular vote was Cool, there was enough votes in Uncool and Fail to bring it to 44.7% end result, thus every vote counted. I'm a little surprised the 2013 Hyosung GT650R didn't do well considering what you are getting for the price, but in the end, price is only a part of the total package...

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Hyosung GT650R is..

Awesome (3 points) 5% [ 2 ]
Cool (2 points) 50% [ 19 ]
Uncool (1 point) 18% [ 7 ]
Fail (0 point) 26% [ 10 ]

Total votes : 38

...Therefore, this bike ranks a Coolwall Factor of 44.7%
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.