Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

Re: This week: 2012 KTM 990 Duke R: Vote Today

#11 Unread post by BobK »

I voted Awesome!!

I don't care for the looks of it, but they seem to go pretty good. I'm not sure I need 125 hp, though. I find the 390 intriguing:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 KTM 990 Duke R is:

Awesome (3 points) 58% [ 23 ]
Cool (2 points) 28% [ 11 ]
Uncool (1 point) 8% [ 3 ]
Fail (0 point) 8% [ 3 ]

Total votes : 40

= a Coolwall Factor of 78.3%

NOTES: A wonderful Cool Wall finish for a wonderful Naked bike. Light, fast and fun, what more could a rider ask for?

Next bike is now up for voting on and it's a new Kawasaki 2014...but which one? :revv:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#13 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I voted: Uncool

Yes, I know, it's a naked bike and yes, it's light, powerful, agile, fast, etc, but what gets me to go from cool to uncool is the angular design of it. Just too many angles and not enough curve. Reminds me of Japanese Origami but on wheels. :D

Yes, my best friend owns one and he is gonna kill me when he sees I voted "uncool", he even let me ride his 990 as well. It was fun for a quick ride bike but I couldn't see riding it for more than an hour (even though he does tour on one).

Good bike but less Origami please. :D

Mike
Bast@rd! hehe

No worries Mike. For me, my standard SD is the least civilized street bike I have ever ridden. It has a nervous throttle, and the feeling like there is almost non-existent flywheel effect. In this regard it is the anti Honda (I love my Honda's too, but for a different purpose), and for many this is the deal breaker. But for me when you master the the ridiculous throttle response, you are rewarded with a street-bike that is ultra-light, with superb handling, endless grip and the best suspension of any bike I have ever ridden (yep - including the stuff with the Ohlins suspension). It also has a very comfortable riding position (no really), and a 300km tank range. The down-sides: the seat is a little hard, but better than the R-version here, and the LC8 engine is a pain to change the oil. There is also no wind-protection and when playing at ridiculous speeds this is an issue, but it IS a naked bike after all. And although I do like the look of the R-version with the orange frame, most publications that I have read say that they prefer the standard version for the seat and the throttle response (the R-must be REALLY nervous then).

Mrs High_Side says it looks like the bad-guys bike in a Mad-Max movie and really doesn't like it. In my case however beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder, and I freaking love it (and love the fact that others don't)! Most fun on two wheels I have ever had, and a readjustment every time I get off one of my Honda's.

F'n awesome.

Here is my lowly standard version :mrgreen:

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: 2012 KTM 990 Duke R - Coolness Factor = 78.3%

#14 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Not to shabby not at all 8)
there aint nothin like it