Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 BMW R nineT - Coolness Factor = 82.6%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 BMW R nineT on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... RnineT.htm

2014 BMW R nineT on Totalmotorcycle.com

BMW R nineT. Pure Riding.

Motorcycling has always been a passionate lifestyle. For the past 90 years BMW Motorrad has been ensuring that this remains the same in the future, too. For those who like it pure and original, BMW Motorrad has now developed the perfect machine: the BMW R nineT. A motorcycle featuring purist design and numerous ways of customizing it.

BMW R nineT: Pure Authenticity.

Riding a motorcycle and feeling free. The BMW R nineT combines this feeling with a casually cool look which, in spite of all the details, is unmistakably a member of the BMW family. Further criteria such as ride feel, design and sound lay the foundation for an independent, authentic lifestyle.

BMW R nineT: Pure Customizing (Totalmotorcycle.com)

The BMW R nineT is powered by an air/oil-cooled 2-cylinder 4-stroke flat twin engine. The instruments consisting of speedometer and tachometer harken back to historical times and emphasize the essential and minimalist visual appeal of the motorcycle. The BMW R nineT is equipped with an upside down fork at the front and with the BMW Motorrad Paralever at the rear. However, the nineT does not only stand out due to its pure design. The nineT offers great options for individualization. No customizing wish is left unfilled. For example there is the removable rear frame, enough space for 6 inch rims and many other options. Even though the BMW R nineT offers so many modification opportunities it remains a real BMW motorcycle from a technical point of view. Standard-fitted ABS ensures highest-degree safety for the nineT, too.

BMW R nineT. Pure Lifestyle.

Pure passion, pure design, pure riding pleasure. This is what makes the BMW R nineT so essential for the classic enthusiast. Modify, ride, have fun. The nineT leaves nothing to be desired with regard to customization. Design your motorcycle, design your life. One name, one purist lifestyle:
BMW R nineT.

2014 BMW R nineT - Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $NA CDN

Engine (Totalmotorcycle.com)
Type Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
Bore x stroke 101 mm x 73 mm
Capacity 1,170 ccm
Rated output 81 kW (110 hp) at 7,550 rpm
Max. torque 88 lb/ft (119 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
Compression ratio 12.0 : 1
Mixture control / engine management Electronic intake pipe injection
Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3

Performance / fuel consumption
Maximum speed over 125 mph
Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h 52 mpg at a constant 56 mph (4.5 l)
Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h
Fuel type Premium Unleaded
Electrical system
Alternator three-phase alternator 600 W
Battery 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free

Power transmission
Clutch Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
Gearbox Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
Drive Shaft drive

Chassis / brakes (Totalmotorcycle.com)
Frame four-section frame consisting of one front and three rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, removable pillion frame for single ride use
Front wheel location / suspension Upside-Down telescopic fork with 46 mm diameter
Rear wheel location / suspension Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
Suspension travel front / rear 4.7 inches / 4.7 inches (120 mm / 120 mm)
Wheelbase 58.1 inches (1,476 mm)
Castor 4.04 inches (102.5 mm)
Steering head angle 64,5 °
Wheels Spoke wheels
Rim, front 3.50 x 17"
Rim, rear 5.50 x 17"
Tyres, front 120/70 ZR 17
Tyres, rear 180/55 ZR 17
Brake, front Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston radial calipers
Brake, rear Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
ABS BMW Motorrad ABS

Dimensions / weights (Totalmotorcycle.com)
Length 87.4 inches (2,220 mm)
Width (incl. mirrors) 35.0 inches (890 mm)
Height (excl. mirrors) 59.8 inches (1,265 mm)
Seat height, unladen weight 30.9 inches Standard
Inner leg curve, unladen weight 69.3 inches Standard
Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1) 489 lbs (222 kg)
Dry weight
Permitted total weight 948 lbs (430 kg)
Payload (with standard equipment) 459 lbs (208 kg)
Usable tank volume 4.8 gal (18 liters)
Reserve approx. 0.8 gal
" Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
" 1) According to guideline 93/93/EWG with all fluids, fuelled with at least 90% of usable tank volume

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... RnineT.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This week: 2014 BMW R nineT: Vote Today

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BMW's first completely new bike for 2014. Based off of the BMW Concept Ninety TMW brought you earlier this year: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Ninety.htm

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Chabu
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2013 Triumph Tiger 800

#3 Unread post by Chabu »

Although its clearly a design derivative of the Griso (nice way of saying BMW ripped off Guzzi's design) I still have to give it an awesome. :)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Chabu wrote:Although its clearly a design derivative of the Griso (nice way of saying BMW ripped off Guzzi's design) I still have to give it an awesome. :)
Ah, not that does make sense as when I saw this bike, I immediately thought "Wow, that bike speaks to me, what an awesome looking machine", and there are very few bikes that do that to me to be honest (and I do see/know thousands upon thousands of them). A BMW Griso, hmmm, not a bad idea, afterall, the Griso is still tied for the #1 Coolest Bike on the 2013 Cool Wall right now.

Mike

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Really like this. Awesom.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

NorthernPete wrote:Really like this. Awesom.
Did you see: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Ninety.htm that is has 3 seat "options", seat w/cowl, seat + passenger and seat + nothing? Quite different the seat + nothing look.

Mike

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Versatile!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#8 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I almost voted uncool but it's a Beemer and deserves respect, I just don't like the shock placement with the styling other than that it's a good machine but not my cup of Bayern.
there aint nothin like it

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#9 Unread post by BobK »

I'm sure it is a good bike and fun to drive, but to me it just looks hideous.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#10 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Solid cool. For a company with so much history its amazing that it took BMW this long to come up with a bike that sorta alludes to its history. Still wouldn't buy one though. I prefer the R1200R; not as flashy, but more versatile. Still, it's great to have choices.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."