totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This week: 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 500: Vote Today

#21 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:It might be a bit unfair (since he’s a big guy in a bulky costume) but Chris Evans (or his stuntman) makes this bike look tiny :lol:
Well, to be honest, the "super-low seat height" is the part the worries me. I hope, in fact, pray, H-D didn't make the seat height so slammed that it turns off 1/3 the market that would have purchased this bike.

Based on this image, the length of the wheelbase (60") is 3x the height of the seat, thus it's around a 20" seat height? Which it couldn't be 7" lower than the 883 Super Low right? After all, the 883 Super Low is: Seat Height, Laden - 25.5 in, Seat Height, Unladen - 27.4 in. http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... perLow.htm

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#22 Unread post by sunshine229 »

How can this be anything but awesome? It's so wonderful that Harley-Davidson is attempting to appeal to a younger, funkier crowd. I never thought I'd see the day when they'd come out of their styling for the "mid-50's" and open a market for a much younger generation than before. They have been slowly moving in this direction for a few years (if you've been to a dealership or seen them at a bike show recently you would have seen their new marketing in the flesh) and it's great to see them bring out this wonderful looking 500cc beauty!

Some quotes that resonate for me...
The Harley-Davidson Street™ 500 motorcycles – the first all-new platform from Harley-Davidson in 13 years
“Both the Street 750 and Street 500 were designed with thousands of hours of input from young adults in cities around the world. This input guided both the attitude and capabilities of these motorcycles.
Well done Harley-Davidson!!! This is the way a company stays competitive over decades.
Andrea :sun:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#23 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I throw a cool at it. Nice to see a beginner sized bike that has some pizazz.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Chip Beazley
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 57
My Motorcycle: 2014 H-D FLHTP, 2012 Suzuki C50T

#24 Unread post by Chip Beazley »

I think the bike is cool...i would rate the 750 as uber cool.
Chip

2014 H-D FLHTP Police
2012 Suzuki C50T

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 500 is:

Awesome (3 points) 34% [ 23 ]
Cool (2 points) 37% [ 25 ]
Uncool (1 point) 12% [ 8 ]
Fail (0 point) 18% [ 12 ]

Total votes : 68

= a Coolwall Factor of 62.3%

NOTES: Wow, for a small bike it sure does create quite a bit amount of discussion and varying opinions! Did Harley-Davidson make the right choice by offering such a different platform? Personally I think so and the bike (and H-D) will be successful, but there were quite a few fail votes that unfortunately never stated why the Street 500 is a fail. A new direction for Harley-Davidson, one that appeals to new and youthful riders. Can that be that bad?

Next bike is now up for voting on, have fun!!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 500 - Coolness Factor = 62.3

#26 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I got an email from the HD dealer....those 2 new bikes won't be available here until 2015.

That's too bad.....they'll miss out on a lot of potential sales. Maybe they aren't in production yet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:I got an email from the HD dealer....those 2 new bikes won't be available here until 2015.

That's too bad.....they'll miss out on a lot of potential sales. Maybe they aren't in production yet.
Oh, that's interesting as the press release I got said "Early 2014" hmmm, I'm off to the Harley-Dealer then that I know really well to ask about the inside information on this. :D

CSI: Total Motorcycle :kicking:

(insert 007 music here)

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#28 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, I got some great inside information, which I'll post over at our other 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 500/750 thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=48377

Mike