Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 Vespa 946 - Coolness Factor = 56.1%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 Vespa 946 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pa-946.htm

2014 Vespa 946 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams". - E. Roosevelt

Back from the future

Unique as the year in which it was born, 2013. The essentiality of the design endows even the most impersonal function with style and individuality.The Vespa 946 is a pure expression of a style synonymous, in the minds of millions of travellers and devotees, with freedom of movement and expression. A far-sighted projection of sustainable mobility, whose form and substance crystallise the fundamental aesthetic and dynamic values of the history of the two-wheeler.

Made for distinction

The Vespa 946 is made to man’s measure. And to the measure of the universe. Low consumption and reduced emissions. Fully digital instrumentation.A throbbing technological heart, perfect for long distances and city travel.Superior construction quality to make it a winner on every road, the means to reach every destination.

ECO-SUSTAINABLE BY VOCATION

The way to guard against imitations is to look beyond the immediate future. The Vespa 946 has ABS braking and ASR traction control. The 4-stroke 125 cc monocylinder engine is a response to requirements that may still be nascent. And it guarantees the best performance in its category. Electronic injection, three-valve distribution, reduced friction and improved fluid dynamics sharply reduce consumptionand emissions, establishing a new benchmark over and beyond current regulations.

CONCEIVED THROUGH PASSION

Real luxury is realising a more ambitious and fascinating dream every day. Today the Vespa 946 re-affirms its legend. It enhances the classical values of tradition: the shape of the handlebar, the proportions of the fairing, the plunging curves of the saddle all come from the earliest drawings. Every detail reflects a choice and a reference to Italian-style production. A craftsman’s approach in a futuristic dimension.

2014 Vespa 946 - Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN

Engine Single cylinder 4 stroke, with catalytic converter and eletronic
fuel injection, Single overhead camshaft - 3 valve (2
intake, 1 exhaust)
Cylinder capacity 155 cc
Max speed 57 mph (93 km/h)
Tank capacity 2.2 gallons (8.5 liters)
MPG up to 117 mpg (up to 50 km / l)
Ignition Electric
Transmission Automatic “twist and go” CVT
Front suspension Single link arm with coil spring and dual-action hydraulic shock (http://www.totalmotorcycle.com)
absorber
Rear suspension Coil spring with adjustable preload, mono shock with
progressive lever system
Front brake Disk, 220 mm + ABS - ASR
Rear brake Disk, 220 mm + ABS - ASR
Seat height 31.6 in (805 mm)
Emissions approval EPA and CARB
Warranty All 2014 and newer Vespa scooters include a 2-year unlimited mileage

For MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... pa-946.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2014 Vespa 946 - Vote Today

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As you know, Scooters on the Cool Wall are quite rare, but this one is quite the exception as it's a new design direction for Vespa. Think of Vespa like Harley-Davidson, they have been constrained by heritage design. So it's like the V-Rod was to H-D when it was introduced.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Fail
gorgeous woman but all scooters fail sorry :P
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BRUMBEAR wrote:Fail
gorgeous woman but all scooters fail sorry :P
Lol. Ok, but what you think of the direction then for the company? Good idea... bad idea?

Mike

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#5 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

the seat sorta looks like the head from alien
Image :lol:
The company IMHO is doing ok they have a cult following and seems like the MOD scene is on the rebound so will see.
there aint nothin like it

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#6 Unread post by pchast »

They have a market and utility. The new design is enough
of a cross between modern and traditional. Now, if they just
price it right,it should do well.

I'm inclined to give it a cool.
Even though I'd not want one.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#7 Unread post by montanalifter »

I vote cool for almost every motorcycle, scooter is a fail. That being said abs, traction control, and the brunette is not too bad either.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#8 Unread post by jstark47 »

I'm gonna ruffle some feathers, but voting fail just because it's a scooter (i.e. all scooters are fails) is wrong. That would be like voting fail on every cruiser just because they're cruisers.

If it fails at being a scooter, then that's a different story.

Vespa's have a lot of style, but you pay a lot for it. No price given yet for this one, but I checked out Piaggio's website and the 946 is positioned as much as a fashion accessory than as transportation. They have another model, the LXV 150 ie, that's priced at least $1000 higher than it's worth, just because of the styling. I bet this one's going to be pricey, too.

If I wanted a 125cc scooter for in-town basic transportation (the spec above is wrong, it's 125cc, not 155cc), I could get a Yamaha Zuma 125 for $3400. (Zuma's are cool little bikes, BTW). I'll wager this Vespa 946 will be priced above $5000. Nice styling, and if Piaggio can get away with pricing these things as "lifestyle accessories", (remind you of a certain American motorcycle company? :mrgreen: ) then more power to them. But they won't sell one to me. Uncool for suspected price.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#9 Unread post by ceemes »

I gave it a cool coz its a Vespa and even though updated, still looks uniquely like a Vespa.

Personally I wouldn't own or ride one, but still its not a bad looking little commuter runabout.

Tho I think is we were to paint one pink, our friend from the bottom end of Africa Sapaul would love it. :lol:
Always ask why.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#10 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

I'm sure that to the Italian palette this Vespa looks chic and fashionable. But to my 'MERIKUN! eye it looks like nothing as much as a 1950's era dishwasher. I wanna know if it'll get streaks off my glasses and egg off my fork tines, more than if it'll get me where I need to go.

UnCool.