Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Ducati Monster 821 - Coolness Factor = 70.0%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Ducati Monster 821 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... er-821.htm

Sport performance Italian design and unique personality: Monster 821, essentially Monster...

Ducati announces the brand new Monster 821

Borgo Panigale (Bologna), 28 May, 2014 – Ducati announces the brand new Monster 821, a mid-size entry for the third generation of the iconic naked model and the latest chapter in the Bologna-built motorcycle’s famous story. Underlining Ducati’s strong association to the Bologna region, the company has chosen to release the first images of the new model portrayed in typical Bolognese ambience.

Following the successful unveiling of the new generation Monster 1200 at the Milan International Motorcycle show in November, Ducati now introduces the Monster 821, a mid-size version of the exciting new model and the latest entry to the world of Monster.

Having delivered over 290,000 Monsters since the original concept more than 20 years ago, the essential new model maintains its stylish character using the new chassis and muscular styling of the Monster 1200, designed with premium components fully integrated with Ducati’s latest technologies.

Powered by the latest edition of Ducati’s highly successful 821 Testastretta 11° engine, the highly accessible new Monster combines 112hp and 65.9ft-lb of torque with an impressively lightweight 179.5kg – 395.7lb (dry weight) overall package. This stylish mix of minimalism and performance paves the way back to the original essence of the Monster concept, where less-is-more and made-in-Italy combine to create a motorcycle lifestyle.

2015 Ducati Monster 821 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

• Brand new Monster 821 powered by 112hp water-cooled 821cc Testastretta 11°

• Available also in Dark version, Monster 821 ready for delivery July 2014

• First images of the iconic new naked model underline Ducati’s Bologna roots

2015 Ducati Monster 821 - Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $11,495; $10,995 USD (Dark) Available from July 2014
Canada MSRP Price: $12,490; $11,990 USA (Dark) Available from July 2014

Specifications to come soon.

For MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... er-821.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: This Week: 2015 Ducati Monster 821 - Vote Today

#2 Unread post by Hanson »

I always loved the curves on the Diavel's exhaust, and now we have that same gorgeous form on both the Monster 821 and Monster 1200 models. If I was a more competent rider, and if I had the money for a bike just to ride around town, and if my legs where six inches shorter, I would love to have a Monster 821 tucked into my garage.

Awesome!
ImageImage

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

No to much clutter I really hate voting uncool on a duc cause they are fine machines but I am sorry I don't like this one
there aint nothin like it

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by HYPERR »

Wow it looks like some of the Mfugliness of the Diavel has made its way into the Monster! :shock:

Visually that is one ugly mess of an engine. The gen one Monsters were so much better looking. Not just the beautiful air cooled engines but the S4R as well.

Fail.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

BRUMBEAR wrote:I really hate voting uncool on a duc
I have no problem voting Fail, and just did. :laughing:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

I find it difficult to rate a Ducati without riding it first as I have had my share of disappointments with them over the past few years (especially that Sport Classic Piece of junk I used to own). Having ridden the new Monster 1200 last weekend however I have renewed hope for the brand. Finally a new Ducati that speaks to me when I ride it. Dynamically brilliant, not half baked like a lot of their recent efforts. I suspect that this one (the 821) could be excellent as well. I too miss the look of old S4RS as I thought that it was one of the prettiest Ducatis ever made (white tank, red frame to be specific). However having ridden both the old (S4RS) and new (Monster 1200) Testretta engined beasts, there is really no comparison as the new one functions so much better.

I also have a thing for mid-sized bikes and suspect that the HP and balance of the 821 might really be in that sweet spot for a well balanced bike.

Awesome (subject to change when I ride the thing).

P.S. The mufflers however HAVE TO go.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:Wow it looks like some of the Mfugliness of the Diavel has made its way into the Monster! :shock:

Visually that is one ugly mess of an engine. The gen one Monsters were so much better looking. Not just the beautiful air cooled engines but the S4R as well.

Fail.
I won't cast my vote till Thursday/Friday (as I don't want to influence anything) but I have to agree with you based on the 821's engine looks there. The Testretta engine is a really nice looking engine (when it's not covered in rubber hoses, wires or plastic) and it's a shame you really can't even see it in this new version, it's almost 90% covered with... plastic panels? I guess all that plastic is covering the engine because it looks better than what's below the plastic (messy rubber hoses/wiring maybe?)

Shame.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#8 Unread post by Hanson »

I find it amusing that some hate the exhaust on the Diavel while I just love it. I always have from the first time I saw a picture of those tightly curved pipes. Aesthetics are a very personal and subjective topic.
ImageImage

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#9 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Is this replacing the 796? I'll give it a cool. Chances are it'll outperform the 796 (84hp and 58 lb-ft of torque). And it's great that they finally got rid of those ugly air intakes on the tank's sides.

Still, I miss the 796's single-sided swingarm, undertail muffler, and much cleaner-looking engine.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This was a really on-the-fence vote, but, and don't kill me, I went with Uncool over Cool.

I really like the looks of the Ducati Monsters, a sporty naked, Italian lines and the really nice colors they put them in. BUT, the new monster is a step away (again) from the "Standard/Naked do it all" and more into the sporty camp. I notice we have some "ulgifying" of the Monster with the plastic engine*, the double sided swing arm (shameful) and the complexity of appearance vs the simple lines it used to have. So much for a do-it-all standard, I don't think you could even mount a center stand on it anymore.

I'm sure its a fine bike, but it's evolved into a new bike, not really like the old Monster. Yup, uncool to me.

* Now I think I know why the engine is covered in plastic, it's because they found a way to make a plastic engine!! lol.

Mike