Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2015 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec - Vote Today

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:
faded sun wrote:well, you wouldn't want to go very far on the highway dressed like the guy in the picture now, would you? He does have gloves and ankle boots on and he is wearing a helmet, of sorts. But it looks like they are marketing to the short-run, urban, single guys. .
Sorry for being slightly OT, but the pic you're referring to is an official PR/manufacturer photo, isn't it? It kinda annoys me when manufacturers use, well, somewhat underprotected riders in ads (even though, I gotta admit, the rider is completely "legal" in terms of what he's wearing). I think bike brands should set an example and show some sort of minimum standard of safe riding gear in their ads. Motorcycle magazines do this; even riders of cruisers and so-called retro bikes are usually still shown wearing protective gear. Even if you're targetting hipsters, there are loads of cool looking retro mesh and leather jackets out there (maybe there are even a few in Yamaha's own clothing catalog). Ok, rant over..
I have to agree with you, I think AGATT is always the way to go (All Gear All The Time) as I'd rather sweat than bleed, and trust me, I'm sweating a lot with AGATT here in Texas under 90-110°F, 60-90% humid temperatures. But for marketing matched gear looks great with the bike, and I think that's what riders have a paradox with... look good/cool or be safe but be not so cool looking?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2015 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec - Vote Today

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

totalmotorcycle wrote:2015 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec - Coolness Factor = 62.2%
Featured: July 25th, 2014 - August 1st, 2014
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=49721
Total Motorcycle model page: [url]hthttp://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/201 ... -RSpec.htm[/url]

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec is:

Awesome (3 points) 23% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 47% [ 14 ]
Uncool (1 point) 23% [ 7 ]
Fail (0 point) 7% [ 2 ]

Total votes : 30

= a Coolwall Factor of 62.2%

NOTES: Cool looking, but falls short on a few things to make it even better. Our readers thought that a bigger tank, lower weight and/or retro clocks would push the bike up for sure. For now, it's a cool bike, and one a rider would be quite happy with, but Yamaha could go even further to make it even better and personally, I'd like to see version 2.0 of the Bolt myself as well. :D

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.