2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Coolness Factor = 71.3

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th Anniversary / LE is:

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Coolness Factor = 71.3

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th Anniversary / LE on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ary-LE.htm

2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th Anniversary / LE

Prepare to experience performance in a way that only a Kawasaki can deliver. The ZX-14 is the ultimate blend of extreme excitement and everyday versitility. Feel at home traversing the mountain roads, or feel the ultimate rush hurtling down the dragstrip...

Kawasaki celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Ninja with a very limited edition of numbered 2015 ZX-14R ABS motorcycles

Only 300 ZX-14R Limited Edition motorcycles will be available, all individually numbered and finished in exactly the same shade of Firecracker Red and Metallic Graystone paint as the 1984 Ninja® 900 – the motorcycle that started the superbike revolution. It even has the same narrow Gold pinstriping and gets gold brake calipers. 30th Anniversary logos on the fairing sides and a numbered badge on the gas tank will further identify the Limited Edition models.

NEW 2015 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-14R LIMITED EDITION FEATURES
•Limited to 300 numbered models
•Unique numbered badge on gas tank
•Finished in Firecracker Red / Metallic Graystone paint with Gold pinstriping and brake calipers
•Available to order at a Kawasaki dealer from July 15, 2014, 9:00am PDT
•Powerful 1441cc inline four-cylinder engine with selectable Power Modes
•ABS, Traction Control and adjustable suspension
•Kawasaki One-Year Warranty

Kawasaki recently released Anniversary Editions of the Ninja ZX-10R and ZX-6R featuring color schemes to celebrate the company’s success in the 2013 World Superbike Championship. Now the flagship ZX-14R commemorates the original spirit of the 1984 Ninja 900, which was the first fully faired superbike and sported Kawasaki’s most powerful engine of its day. Similarly, the 2015

ZX-14R continues that cutting edge tradition by featuring one of the most powerful production engines in the world and can claim to be the quickest production motorcycle in the world.

LIMITED EDITION
Following the official announcement of the 2015 Ninja ZX-14R ABS Limited Edition at the Laguna Seca round of the 2014 World Superbike Championship, potential customers can order one of the 300 models.

2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th Anniversary / LE Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

Key Features
o One-of-a-kind 1,441cc inline-four engine is the most powerful motorcycle engine Kawasaki has ever produced, delivering the most power of any current production sportbike
o ABS brake model helps increase rider confidence and helps provide additional security in slippery situations
o KTRC traction control system addresses varying riding conditions via three different modes controlled by a switch on the left handlebar
o Back-torque-limiting slipper clutch assembly helps control chassis upset from rear-wheel torque effects while braking and downshifting
o High performance exhaust system features large-diameter tapered head pipes, a catalyzer and an efficient muffler assembly for low noise and emissions
o Aluminum monocoque frame is narrow, strong and rigid for impressive sport riding performance that complements the engine's power
o Aluminum swingarm assembly is longer than traditional designs and incorporates strengthening gussets to withstand the engine's substantial torque
o Supersport bodywork embraces the visual cues of Kawasaki siblings, includes a rear seat cowl and adds better air management for improved rider and passenger comfort
o Ten-spoke wheels reduce unsprung weight for better handling and maneuverability
o Radial-mount calipers feature individual pads for each piston, improving heat management
o Balanced, adjustable suspension settings front and rear for a comfortable ride without sacrificing performance
o Flagship finish quality with hidden bodywork fasteners

2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th Anniversary / LE - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $15,899 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $18,199 CDN

Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, inline-four
Displacement: 1,441cc
Bore x stroke: 84 x 65mm
Compression ratio: 12.3:1
Fuel injection: DFI® with four 44mm Mikuni throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
Transmission: Six-speed
Final drive: Sealed chain
Rake / trail: 23-deg / 3.7"
Front tire: 120/70 ZR17
Rear tire: 190/50 ZR17
Wheelbase: 58.3"
Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable preload,
18-way compression and 15-way rebound damping adjustment / 4.6"
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-link Uni-Trak® and gas-charged shock with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments, adjustable ride height / 4.9"
Front brakes: Dual semi-floating 310 mm petal discs with dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers in gold, ABS
Rear brakes: Single 250mm petal disc with twin-piston caliper in gold, ABS
Overall length: 85.4"
Overall width: 30.3"
Overall height: 46.1"
Ground clearance: 4.9"
Seat height: 31.5"
Curb weight: 590.9 lb
Fuel capacity: 5.8 gallons
Color: Firecracker Red / Metallic Graystone / Gold pinstriping
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Vote To

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

A very limited, brand new model from Kawasaki (redesigned). No word on the normal 2015 ZX-14R yet...

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

A solid cool tipping up towards awesome however this little blurb from the press release "the 1984 Ninja® 900 – the motorcycle that started the superbike revolution."....Excuse me, but is Kawasaki forgetting their own GPz1100? Or the Honda CB750's, the K1's and many other machine that can lay a truer claim to starting the superbike revolution.....
Always ask why.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#4 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I am also in the solid COOL arena this bike will do a lot and keep you grinning even though it's like a million miles long even! :cowboy:
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote:A solid cool tipping up towards awesome however this little blurb from the press release "the 1984 Ninja® 900 – the motorcycle that started the superbike revolution."....Excuse me, but is Kawasaki forgetting their own GPz1100? Or the Honda CB750's, the K1's and many other machine that can lay a truer claim to starting the superbike revolution.....
Yes, I was a little surprised Kawasaki picked the 1984 Ninja 900, as I agree, the GPz1100 of 1980 or even as you said, the Z1 really started the whole generation... but if they are looking for a faired bike then I can see why the Ninja 900.

I remember looking at buying a used Ninja 900 in 2001, almost bought it. :revv:

Mike

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
ceemes wrote:A solid cool tipping up towards awesome however this little blurb from the press release "the 1984 Ninja® 900 – the motorcycle that started the superbike revolution."....Excuse me, but is Kawasaki forgetting their own GPz1100? Or the Honda CB750's, the K1's and many other machine that can lay a truer claim to starting the superbike revolution.....
Yes, I was a little surprised Kawasaki picked the 1984 Ninja 900, as I agree, the GPz1100 of 1980 or even as you said, the Z1 really started the whole generation... but if they are looking for a faired bike then I can see why the Ninja 900.

I remember looking at buying a used Ninja 900 in 2001, almost bought it. :revv:

Mike
Don't forget the Kawasaki 750 Turbo!

But the one that started it all would probably be the CB750K0.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#7 Unread post by sunshine229 »

A bit biased with this one since I am a big Kawasaki fan, but I had to go with awesome. To me, it is gorgeous. I love the modern but throw-back style a lot. And did you see the specs? It's the most powerful production bike today, and only 300 are going to be made? Okay, sounds awesome to me. :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#8 Unread post by ZRex »

I voted Awesome, my only gripe would be it is a bit too heavy. but I would love to own one of these.
Most magazines consider the Kawasaki Ninja 900 the 1st modern superbike, that all other sportbikes are just copies. There were Superbikes before it (Honda CB750, Kawasaki Z1 etc.) but If you look at the stats on the Ninja 900
DOHC in-line 4, liquid cooled engine with 4 valves per cylinder
Full fairing, even the way the engine sat in the frame is pretty modern. Most Superbikes today are just updates on everything the Ninja did back then.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#9 Unread post by Hanson »

590 pounds?

That is a big motorcycle for a sports bike. That is +120 lb over my DL650A. I think if I was looking for a sport bike it would weigh less than my adventure touring moto. I would rather the 30th anniversary ZX-10R.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:590 pounds?

That is a big motorcycle for a sports bike. That is +120 lb over my DL650A. I think if I was looking for a sport bike it would weigh less than my adventure touring moto. I would rather the 30th anniversary ZX-10R.

Safe Travels,
Richard
Don't forget Yamaha's ZX-14R competes directly with Suzuki's Hayabusa (which is 586lbs).

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... dition.htm

For a 1400cc bike, that really isn't that heavy, my 1980 400cc weighed 1lb per cc! :laughing:

Mike