Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Harley-Davidson FLRT Freewheeler - Coolness Factor= 40%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Harley-Davidson FLRT Freewheeler on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... heeler.htm

2015 Harley-Davidson FLRT Freewheeler

Hot rod-inspired style and a smaller, easy-handling size make the new Freewheeler™ model unlike any other trike on the road. Confidence comes instantly in this saddle...

Harley-Davidson puts hot-rod swagger on three wheels with the 2015 Freewheeler™ motorcycle, the all-new trike model that fuses pure custom style and easy-handling performance. From its ape-hanger handlebar to its bobtail fenders the Freewheeler is a page ripped straight from the bad- attitude handbook, offered in a size that’s shorter and lighter for a riding experience like nothing else on the road.

Riding on three wheels has never been cooler. The Freewheeler front end is all new and features a chrome, seven-piece nacelle that’s tucked tight to the forks and holds a Dual Halogen headlamp in a polished chrome bucket. A trim front fender tops a 19-inch Enforcer Cast Aluminum wheel with machined highlights. The all-new rear body shape gives the Freewheeler a low, lean profile and incorporates a weatherproof trunk designed to hold two full-face helmets. The top trunk door opens right-to-left for easy loading. Dual chrome mufflers with slash-down tips are inset in the bottom of the trunk. Bobtail fenders terminate in an arrogant flip to expose the rear tires, and incorporate bright LED stop/tail/turn lamps.

The Freewheeler puts more riders a comfortable, confident position. That 12-inch mini-ape handlebar offers the tallest rise available on any motorcycle to place the hand controls closer to rider and reduce steering effort. The seat is shaped to move the rider forward for a better reach to the foot and hand controls, with a passenger position designed for comfort while blending with the bodywork. Soft-touch passenger grab rails are easy to grip and mount directly to the body.

The Freewheeler is equipped with electronic cruise control, a foot-activated parking brake, electric reverse gear and a hydraulic Assist and Slip clutch with reduced lever effort. The linked brake system allows the rider to apply both the front and rear brakes through the rear brake pedal. The full front brake system is applied only through the front brake lever and remains independent. Built around a chassis engineered exclusively for a three-wheeled vehicle, the Freewheeler offers premium Harley-Davidson quality and performance, backed by a full factory warranty and the network of authorized Harley-Davidson dealers.

Riding on three wheels has never been cooler.

2015 Harley-Davidson FLRT Freewheeler - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com American Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: Vivid Black $24,999; Color Option $25,499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: Vivid Black $ 31,619; Color Option $ 32,229 CDN

DIMENSIONS
Length 103.1 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 26.9 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 27.5 in.
Ground Clearance 4.9 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 26
Trail 3.96 in.
Wheelbase 66 in.
Tires, Front Specification http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com MT 130/60B19 M/C 61H
Tires, Rear Specification P205/65R15
Fuel Capacity 6 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 4 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 1,045 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 1,082 lb.
Luggage Capacity -Volume 2 cu ft

ENGINE
Engine 1 Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103™ with integrated oil cooler
Bore 3.87 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 103.1 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.7:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com (ESPFI)

DRIVETRAIN
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 10.534
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 7.302
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 5.423
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.392
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.741
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 3.157

CHASSIS
Exhaust New mufflers designed to fit within the new shorter Freewheeler body. http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com The slash down style chrome finish mufflers are ~3” shorter than current FL mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Enforcer Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Rear Type Enforcer Cast Aluminum
Brakes, Caliper Type 6 Piston fixed front with 4-31.75 mm frontPistons and 2-25.4 mm linked rear pistons, 31.75mm single piston floating rear
Parking Brake Foot actuated dual parking brake

PERFORMANCE
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 104.7 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,250
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 39 mpg

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... heeler.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Harley-Davidson FLRT Freewheeler- Vote T

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Here we go! Brand new for 2015 from Harley-Davidson and heading your way on 3 wheels!? Yes sir, now you can have another 3 wheeler option. :revv:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#3 Unread post by Thumper »

It's not OMG amazing, but if I needed to get off 2 wheels, it would be worth looking at. Too $$$, though...

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#4 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

NO NO and HELL NO
I have a 1951 servi car and it's a death trap I thought about redoing it for 20 seconds while sauced up one night then even in astupor I came to my senses thats for lookin at says I not fer ridin.
Attachments
servicar.jpg
servicar.jpg (74.57 KiB) Viewed 11021 times
there aint nothin like it

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Uncool. But at least it's better looking than a CanAm :lol:

Seriously though, if I'm somehow physically unable to support myself at a standstill, I'd still prefer something like a Piaggio MP3, that still leans when you're moving, over any trike. If it don't lean, it don't feel like a motorcycle.

The exception would be an Ural hack, which compensates with its 2WD, reverse gear, and overall awesomeness.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

BRUMBEAR wrote:NO NO and HELL NO
I have a 1951 servi car and it's a death trap I thought about redoing it for 20 seconds while sauced up one night then even in astupor I came to my senses thats for lookin at says I not fer ridin.
Did you take that picture while sauced? :lol:

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#7 Unread post by Johnj »

I think it's all jacked up.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#8 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

maybe a lil bit a both :shock:
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Uncool.

To me, it's really not a bad design at all, the looks are pretty cool, its sleek and cut back as much as possible while still having some flair. I like it much more than the Tri-Glide, which to me, looks like a boat, but this one reminds me more of what BRUMBEAR said, a 1950's vehicle. Not really that bad at all, except the whole 3-wheel hard-corner instability issues. :D

But the price! Ouch! Especially the price in Canadian dollars! Wow, that's more than car costs. I'd wonder if Harley-Davidson made a car/truck would it be in the $90-120k range?

I don't understand the price at all, as we are really just looking at a pair of car tires/rims/brakes in the rear, with a plastic trunk shell attached to a "Fat Bob" motorcycle platform. But it's new and with the gracefully aging Harley-Davidson demographic I can see it being a strong seller vs the Tri-Glide (which is even more ridiculous money)

So, design wise, cool, but price wise, very uncool.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Harley-Davidson FLRT Freewheeler - Coolness Factor = 40.5%
Featured: August 29th, 2014 - September 5th, 2014
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=49911
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... heeler.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Harley-Davidson FLRT Freewheeler is:

Awesome (3 points) 8% [ 3 ]
Cool (2 points) 38% [ 14 ]
Uncool (1 point) 22% [ 8 ]
Fail (0 point) 32% [ 12 ]

Total votes : 37

= a Coolwall Factor of 40.5%

NOTES: Quote the voter turn-out on the newest of Harley-Davidson offerings, another Trike called the Freewheeler! With our new voting system introduced almost 2 years ago it really shows how each vote counts. Even though the top category was Cool, overall we have a low 40.5% Cool rating thanks to the many uncool and fail votes. So what does this say about the new Harley-Davidson Freeweeler? Most likely it will be a slow seller that is either slightly ahead of it's time or just not right for the time. If you want one, I'd suggest to wait till they are cleared out.

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!