Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer - Coolness Factor = 92.31%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Racer.htm

GENUINE GENTLEMAN RIDER...

Produced in a limited edition as revealed by the commemorative plate on the steering yoke, the V7 Racer is now in its third edition.

It is immediately recognisable: new total black look applied to the side panels, mirrors, silencer support brackets and foot-rest guards.

The result is a dramatic contrast with the shiny chromium-plated 22 litre fuel tank. Staying on the topic of numbers, on the top fairing and tail fairing plates is still the number "7" (which in Moto Guzzi was dear to the 250 world champion Enrico Lorenzetti), but is now chromium plated instead of white. Also new is the single-seater saddle (on request the two-seater saddle with passenger footrests is available) covered with alcantara and imitation leather of the same colour as the customised leather belt with the Moto Guzzi logo on the top of the fuel tank.

Always spectacular is the red frame based on that of the first V7 Sport series with CrMo frame, the result of a special painting process, also applied to the hubs, wheel and swingarm, which enhances the architectural purity of the frame. Also red is the Moto Guzzi wording which now appears on the wheels, exactly as already seen on the latest California Custom.

With its tiny Plexiglas screen above the race number plate, the tail and top fairing - an exemplary expression of the Guzzi school - whose shape resembles the front of the legendary Gambalunga, an unequivocally sporty element in perfect harmony with the design of the front mudguard. Among the most distinctive elements of this special edition is the ample use of brushed and perforated aluminium, superior craftsmanship which characterises the side panels, the throttle body guards and the silencer mounting brackets.

Other premium components include the aft-mounted footpegs machined from solid billets, the lightened steering stem and the steering yoke guard consisting of a double chromed ring, which is so exquisitely crafted that it looks like an ornamental feature.

Particularly satisfying, not only from an aesthetic point of view but also in terms of dynamic performance, is the presence of a pair of WMY01 Bitubo shock absorbers with adjustable spring preload, in extension and compression, thanks to a 12 click adjusting knob.

This is a bike to be ridden strictly alone, in black riding suit, with a skullcap helmet and studded-palm leather gloves.

The Moto Guzzi V7 Racers remains an homage in design to the café racer motorcycles of the 1950s and 1960s, combined with the modern features of an Italian-engineered motorcycle. Featuring a new and more powerful, 750cc, 90-degree V-Twin motor and new lightweight, six split spoke aluminum wheels, the V7 Racer brings together classic style and craftsmanship.

The completely reengineered 750cc engine still relies on the engineering that made the Moto Guzzi V50 a success among riders in 1977. Since then the engine has been continuously updated yet stays faithful to the original genial layout introduced by Italian engineer Lino Tonti in the 70s and stays true to the characteristics of the Moto Guzzi tradition, that touring on a motorcycle at its most pure should be nothing but enjoyable.

While maintaining the classic 90° V configuration, the engine is now comprised of more than 70% new components. Cutting-edge technological solutions have been used to improve functionality, provide greater torque and power even at low rpms, and be more efficient, with higher fuel economy and reduced emissions. The new engine is more powerful and stays true to the characteristics of the Moto Guzzi tradition, that touring on a motorcycle at its most pure should be nothing but enjoyable.

The new tank brings with it a superior metallic construction that allows for a lighter tank along with a greater fuel capacity – the V7 Racer can hold a record 5.8 gallons which, together with reduced consumption, ensures a range of up to 310 miles.

The distinctiveness of the V7 Racer design is sporty and attention-getting in all the right ways. A new chrome fuel tank finished with a studded leather strap, a single-saddle suede seat with an aerodynamic seat cowl and ‘70s-style racer number plates mean the added engine performance is showcased right along with classic style. One look, and a rider will know that the V7 Racer speaks for itself.

The Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, iconic and prestigiously manufactured in Italy, will be available in 2013 in U.S. dealerships.

As with all of Moto Guzzi’s on-road motorcycles, the V7 Racer comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty and roadside assistance for one year.

2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

V7 CHANGES EVERYTHING TO REMAIN FAITHFUL TO ITS LEGEND.

New engine, revamped design, brand new equipment: the legend of the V7 reaches its highest expression yet.

2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer - Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $10,490 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $10,490 CDN (SAME PRICE AS IN USA)

ENGINE
Type 90° V-twin 4-stroke
Capacity 744 cc
Maximum power 37 kW (50HP) at 6,200 rpm
Maximum torque 42.7 ft lbs. / 58Nm at 5,000 rpm
Fuel system Weber-Marelli electronic fuel injection.
Exhaust system Three-way catalytic converter with double lambda probe

TRANSMISSION
Gearbox 5 speeds with cardan final drive
Lubrication forced circulation with lobe pump - circuit capacity: 1.78 Kg
Final drive CA.R.C. Compact Reactive Shaft Drive
Clutch Dry single plate with flexible couplings

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Frame Double cradle tubular frame in ALS steel with detachable rear subframe
Front suspension Telescopic hydraulic fork with 40 mm stanchions
Rear suspension Light alloy swing arm with 2 fully adjustable Bitubo shock absorbers
Brake system Brembo
Front brake 320 mm Ø stainless steel disc, Brembo caliper with 4 differentiated pistons
Rear brake 260 mm stainless steel disc, brembo double piston floating caliper
Wheels Aluminium spoked black anodised rims
Front wheel 18", 100/90
Rear wheel 17", 130/80

DIMENSIONS
Length 86 inches - 2184mm
Max width 31.5 inches - 800mm
Height 43.8 inches - 1112mm
Saddle height 31.6 in. (30.7 in. opt.) - 805 mm (780 mm opt.)
Curb weight 395 pounds - 179 kg
Fuel tank capacity 5.8 gallons - 22 liters
Reserve 1 gallon - 4 liters
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks HYPERR for suggesting this week's VERY COOL wall bike. The AWESOME Moto Guzzi V7 Racer.

New and revised for 2014 model year too. And do look at the US/Canada price, amazingly they are the same (very few manufacturers offer that).

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#3 Unread post by Hanson »

I love this bike, all of the V7 variations get an easy Awesome. I just wish I fit a bit better on a V7.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:I love this bike, all of the V7 variations get an easy Awesome. I just wish I fit a bit better on a V7.

Safe Travels,
Richard
I'm 6'4" tall and fit fine. It's amazing that I do, but it works with my size 14 boots and 34" inseam. :revv:

But then I'm not very bulky...

Mike

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#5 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Very cool machine I didn't go awesome simply because it's a 750 and $10.5K worth it imo but prices a lot of folks out of the game.
there aint nothin like it

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#6 Unread post by ceemes »

Giving this one a solid awesome. It's Italian, it's retro looks are so legit, that if the bike time warped back to the '60's it would not look too out of place, its a 750, call me old fashion but there something special about 750's.....all in all, I would not say no to one if offered.
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#7 Unread post by faded sun »

Well, I could see myself riding one but 2-up is very much a part of my riding life. Plus I gave away my skull-cap helmet and studded palm leather gloves so I would get busted by the Moto Guzzi police for not being pretentious enough to ride one. This bike is ok but the marketing is uncool.

The price being the same in the US and Canada sure is a surprise.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by HYPERR »

The beautiful chrome tank is almost 6 gallon capacity giving the V7 racer a range of over 300 miles! That alone should give it an awesome rating. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#9 Unread post by Hanson »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Hanson wrote:I love this bike, all of the V7 variations get an easy Awesome. I just wish I fit a bit better on a V7.

Safe Travels,
Richard
I'm 6'4" tall and fit fine. It's amazing that I do, but it works with my size 14 boots and 34" inseam. :revv:

But then I'm not very bulky...

Mike
I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam and a size 14 foot and I found the V7 to be quite cramped. I don't understand how you can fit at all unless you are sitting back on the pillion portion of the seat. I so wish they made a V7 in a larger size with ABS. I would find a way to put that bike in my garage.

I note that someone gave the V7 a fail.... without any commentary. I can understand not loving a bike, different bikes just appeal to different people, but I just can't image hating a V7 so much as to give it a fail. I would like to know why this bike gets a fail or if it is just some kind of irrational animosity to a bike of foreign manufacture.

Richard
ImageImage

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#10 Unread post by montanalifter »

Awesome, the more I look at the bike the more you see nice attention to detail. I don't care for the 7 over the head light but that's about it. It would be a great bike for commuting or around town. A 5.8 gallon tank is great you would not have to fill up all the time.