Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200ABS Travel-Coolness Factor = 61.5%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... l-Pack.htm

2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack

ACCESSIBLE TECHNOLOGY...

Race experience combined with technology
2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS - Coolness Factor = 61.5%

Using years of experience gained from competing at the very top, Aprilia has made their technology available and accessible for everyone on the Caponord 1200. The electronic systems which are unique for their ease of use, effectiveness and reliability, include the Ride by Wire multi-map throttle, Traction Control and two-channel ABS.

Caponord 1200 Travel Pack
THE PERFECT BIKE FOR TRAVELLING

The Caponord 1200 Travel Pack is Aprilia at its best in terms of technology, fun and comfortand attains that perfect point of equilibrium between sport and comfort that so many modern day motorcyclists long for. It is the perfect bike for travelling, having fun and for day-to-day use. Fast and fun outside the city thanks to the abundant power from its twin-cylinder engine, extremely comfortable for both rider and passenger when touring thanks to the carefully studied ergonomic layout and to the protection from air-flow, the Aprilia Caponord 1200 Travel Pack includes the most complete and sophisticated electronic control system suite currently available. These specially designed, easy to use technologies optimise comfort, increase safety and fun while in no way detracting from the feel the rider has with the bike. This all comes at a truly competitive price which soon becomes exceptional if you consider the quality of the equipment that is rounded off with a pair of colour coded panniers and a centre stand.

The perfect motorbike for long journeys

Perfect balance between comfort and sport

Really comfortable for both rider and passenger when touring, fast and fun on country roads, the Aprilia Caponord 1200 Travel Pack comes standard with a centre stand and spacious colour-coded panniers not to mention sophisticated electronic control systems designed to increase comfort, safety and enjoyment.

2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $15499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $15995 CDN

ENGINE
Type Aprilia V90 four-stroke longitudinal 90° V-twin engine, liquid cooled, double overhead camshaft with mixed gear/chain timing system, four valves per cylinder
Capacity 1197 cc
Max power (at crankshaft) 125 HP (91.9 kW) at 8,250 rpm
Max torque (at crankshaft) 84.6 lb-ft (114 Nm) at 6,800 rpm
Fuel system Integrated engine management system. Injection with two injectors per cylinder and Ride by Wire throttle control with three maps: Sport (S), Touring (T), Rain (R)
Exhaust system 100% stainless steel 2-in-1 exhaust system with dual catalytic converters and double oxygen sensor
Alternator 690 W/6000 rpm
TRANSMISSION
Gearbox 6 speeds
Lubrication Wet sump
Clutch Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
Traction management Aprilia Traction Control (ATC)
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Frame Modular tubular steel frame fastened to aluminium side plates by high strength bolts. Removable steel rear subframe
Front suspension Fully adjustable front Sachs 43 mm upside-down fork. Hydraulic brake in rebound and compression electronically managed with ADD (Aprilia Dynamic Damping)
Rear suspension Aluminium alloy swingarm, Sachs dynamic rear monoshock absorber. Adjustable or automatic setting for spring preload coupled with electronically controlled rebound and compression dampening via ADD (Aprilia Dynamic Damping)
Front brake Dual 320 mm stainless steelÆ floating discs. New 32 mm Brembo M432 monoblock four-piston radial calipers. Metal braided brake hoses.
Rear brake 240 mm stainless steelÆ disc. Brembo 34 mm single piston calliper. Metal braided brake hose.
ABS Continental two channel ABS system and Aprilia Traction Control (ATC).
Wheels Lightweight aluminium alloy with three split spokes. Front: 3.50 X 17" Rear: 6.00 x 17"
Front tire Radial tubeless; 120/70-R17
Rear tire Radial tubeless; 180/55-17
DIMENSIONS
Max. Length 88.3 in (2,245 mm)
Max. Width 56.6 in (1,440 mm)
Seat height 33 in (840 mm)
Dry weight 502 lb. (228kg)
Fuel tank capacity 6.3 gal. (24 litres)
Standard Equipment ABS, aprilia Traction Control (aTC), Aprilia Dynamic Damping (aDD), aprilia Cruise Control (aCC), central stand, painted side bags (29 + 29 lt), Full LCD instrument pannel, Adjustable windshield, Hand Guards.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel - Vote

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Revised for 2015, the 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel joins the new 2015 Caponord Rally http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Rally.htm as well.

Of note is the price. Aprilia is pricing VERY aggressively for 2015 for both the US, UK and Canadian markets.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#3 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Tough call...

Here's what I like;

A "sport touring" bike that doesn't weigh 800 pounds. Not only is it not heavy, it's arguably quite light. I wonder if that 503lbs is service weight or dry weight, but even dry it's still petite enough to catch my attention. Also, a light bike with a 6+ gallon fuel capacity would definitely make for an enticing touring package.

The downside is, it's sorta ugly. I feel like the tire is too small to have that much trail, which leaves that unlovely void between the front tire and the radiator. And the chin piece in conjunction with the panniers makes the entire bike from the steering head back look like it's already been through the cube crusher.

In the end, it's a wash. This comes out like a Toyota Corrola -- all function, no form. It'd be a fleet bike, if there were such a thing as bike fleets. For a vehicle with so much "sport this" and "fun that" in the copy, that's unforgivable.

We don't have the 'meh' option, which is the whole point. (-: In my eyes, this bike just isn't cool, so it must be...

UnCool.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#4 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

It is an awfully UGLY son of a "dog" I love IT!!!!
Awesome
there aint nothin like it

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

A friend of mine has one of these. It's really comfortable, and ADD (Aprilia Dynamic Damping) is an amazing piece of technology that really optimizes suspension settings depending on how you're riding and road conditions.

I wouldn't say it's ugly, but for an Italian manufacturer, it looks a bit uninspired though, doesn't it?

JotG is right about the gap between the front tire and the radiator. I think it's the adventure tourer styling pretensions (mainly a tall suspension) combined with a 17 inch front wheel. Either have a 19 inch front to match or keep the 17 and lower the suspension and make it a true sport tourer (I'd prefer the latter).

Still deserves a cool though for versatility and an interesting application of tech.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

Wow this is one mfugly bike! I really don't like Aprilia as they seem to just copy other manufacturer's design. Although I would love an Aprilia RS250! :kicking:

Fail
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#7 Unread post by ZRex »

I Love it for the same reason I love the BMW GS series, every time I look at one I just picture riding it to some amazing place on a cross country trip.
I know the looks are not its best feature, the same could be said about the BMW GS bikes, but I kind of like the looks. It's almost so ugly it is good looking, it has a functional beauty, plus I like how the front tries to tie in with the RSV4.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#8 Unread post by ceemes »

I agree with Jack, this is a bike that does not rate either a cool or uncool vote, its a Meh bike at best....so had to go with uncool.
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

ZRex wrote: the same could be said about the BMW GS bikes, but I kind of like the looks.
I absolutely love the looks of the BMW GS, especially the R incarnations. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#10 Unread post by Hanson »

Things to like, the light weight, a reasonable fuel capacity, and the output of the generator. Not so great, the chain drive, it is a V twin which might mean more vibration, and a limited dealer network.

When looking for a moto for a long ride, I want comfort, range, the ability to run a lot of farkels, dependability, dependability, dependability, and a strong dealer network.

If looking for a sport touring moto, I think the Yamaha FJR would be a much better choice in the same general price range.

If you are on this bike then you get a cool for being a bit different, but the bike itself is an uncool.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage